Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: My Apologies

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > My Apologies   
I must apologize to my PT Family. I have been neglecting you as of late, and do feel quite guilty for it. I have been a very bad PT Mommy. Unfortunately, I have had too many things to take care of in my real life. Christmas of 2003 and January of 2004, many things in my life started changing. My husband and I started talking about getting a divorce, as many of you know, and then things started working out again. I really thought we were going to make it. Our anniversary came around in July and he took us on a trip too Disney World in Florida. It was the most magical and wonderful time of my life. I was amazed and things kept going in that direction as far as I knew. Unfortunately, two weeks before Christmas, my Uncle passed away. I went to Oklahoma for the funeral, and when I got home that evening my husband informed me that he wanted a divorce.

So, now I am going to be moving to Oklahoma (not far from Norman) with my son, one of our dogs, and the cats. I will not be online much before I move, but I am hoping after the move, I will have a lot more time for having fun again.

Our son does not know any of this yet, (we do not want to ruin his school year) so we can not move until this summer. My move in date so far is June 27th and we are going to have a family reunion on the 4th of July

Right now it has not hit me, at how my life is going to change, and I really don’t wanna think about it, but I am having a great time fixing up my Grandmother’s old house. Decorating it has been so much fun. The house has sat vacant for 6 years, so there is a lot of work to be done, and I won't have rent or a house payment either. I am actually kinda excited to be moving in to the house that my dad grew up in. I have lots of family there, or close by. I get to start a new chapter in my life and see where it will lead me. Although, I do not want the divorce, I am trying to find the positive of of it, and looking forward to new beginnings.

Mellie

Wishing you a fresh new start.
I'm sorry for the turn of events that your life has experienced Mellie. I remmebr you used to perk me up whenever I was down when on PT chat. But then, I'm sorry, I'm not a very good motivator. Well, I guess we have to live life as it comes. All the best for your future Mellie.

No matter how hard times seem to get, (i'll promise you this) Your
time to shine will come, and when it does don't look down, look up..
because i'll be shining with you, more brilliant than the brightest
star. - Turin Turambar
Hi Mellie!!
It was really a nice surprice to turn on the computer screen this morning and see that you had been in chat. I've missed you! You did bring sad news of course, but it was still good to see you.

If you want to talk you will find me here, on MSN, on e-mail and on Neopets. Will have a house to redecorate myself in s few months (Ray and I), so I am sure we can have long conversations about carpets and colours. Wink Smilie
Not much time to type now, but I'll be in touch.
Huge hug and all my best wishes.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Mellie. *kisses and hugs* Stay strong!
Hi Mellie!

I’m so very sorry to hear the sad news, and I just wanted to wish you all the best with everything! Stay positive and strong, and you will persevere!
Happy Elf Smilie
Mellie -

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

It sounds like your roots are strong and deep, and you are willing to let those who love you help you through this dificult time. Remember that your friends, family and your own inner strength are your best sources for comfort when things like this happen. I wish you peace, strength and hope through this ordeal. Know your friends are always near.
Mellie, I wish you and Frog Boy the best of everything in the future. Keep your chin up, a smile on your face, and stick your finger in the eye of adversity.
Loni – “Wishing you a fresh new start”. Thank you, I appreciate that and once I get settled it I really do think it will be fresh new start, believe it or not I am kinda looking forward to having a chance to be on my own, and perhaps have a cleaner house. 

Lord_aragorn86 –“I’m sorry for the turn of events that your life has experienced Mellie. I remember you used to perk me up whenever I was down when on PT chat.” Thank you Aragorn, I am glad I could help cheer you up. It makes me feel really good, know that I as able to do that for you. And it put a smile on my face when I saw your post. Thank you and I love Turin’s quote. That was very sweet of you.

Amarië - “It was really a nice surprise to turn on the computer screen this morning and see that you had been in chat. I've missed you”! I have missed you too. “Will have a house to redecorate myself in s few months (Ray and I), so I am sure we can have long conversations about carpets and colors.” That sounds like fun, I am looking forward to it.

LadyFeawen – “My thoughts and prayers are with you, Mellie. *kisses and hugs* Stay strong!” Thanks LadyF, I will take all the prayers that I can get. That really means a lot to me, and I will do my best to stay strong too. Kisses and Hugs right back at you

Elfstone – “I just wanted to wish you all the best with everything! Stay positive and strong and you will persevere! “ Thanks Elfie, I am surprisingly not that worried about it. I have so much family in Oklahoma that I won’t want for anything. The place I am moving to has only 7,000 people in it and everyone I have talked to knows some member of my family. One person even remembered my dad growing up there. That was kinda cool. There is also very little crime and a great school system for Robbie.

Oloriniwasinmyyouth – “Remember that your friends, family and your own inner strength are your best sources for comfort when things like this happen. I wish you peace, strength and hope through this ordeal. Know your friends are always near.” Thank you Olorin, yes I have a great family and I think that is why I got on line last night I needed my PT friends and family as well as my real family and friends here. I think I am also realizing that I am stronger than I thought I was when this first started. I really believe I will do fine.

Grondmaster - " wish you and Frog Boy the best of everything in the future. Keep your chin up, a smile on your face, and stick your finger in the eye of adversity. " Thanks Grondy, I am sure that Frogboy and I will be ok, once he gets used to the idea of living in a different state. I think with everything I have heard here that it will be easier to keep my chin up and a smile on my face. Not sure that the Dragon would like it too much if I stuck my finger in his eye though. lol I just might get just a wee bit charred. Roasted hobbit can't be too good, can it?

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments everyone. It really brightened my day. I am really looking at this like an adventure. I like to travel and hate to stay in the same place for too long. Matthew and I have live in this house for over 6 years. It is time too move on. Perhaps this is the right time to move on in several different ways.
Hi Mellie, good to see you around again because I was worried you had perhaps been ill. I'm sorry things have not worked out for you, but you are doing the right thing in being positive about things. I've been through a divorce myself, and if you look to the future rather than the past, things do improve. We are all masters of our own destiny. If you keep reminding yourself of that, and target yourself at your own goals and ambitions, you should come out smiling in the end.

Congratulations on your new beginning. I hope it brings you much joy and happiness. My thoughts are with you.
Mellie - sounds like you have a lot of support and love and that's what really makes a difference in these situations.

Stay positive and remember the good times - even when you feel like smiting the dragon.

Vee - So far things are going a lot better than I expected. The Dragon and I are not even arguing and he still kisses me good bye in the morning when he leaves for work, and when he gets home from work in the evenings. We talk about how we are going to be dividing things up and so far we have not disagreed about any of it. There has really not been any conflict, except that he is just not happy. I honestly think that part of the problem is that instead of marrying some one that he truely loved, he married me because I was his best friend, and he finally realized that friendship is not the only basis of a marriage. I do not forsee this being a nasty divorce, just one that needs to happen for his sake. Perhaps some day he can find someone to truly love and be happy. He really is a great guy and very caring. So far, I have no reason to smite the Dragon, except for his timing of telling me that he wanted the divorce. I really believe that I was blessed to have spent the last 14 years of my life with the man. I was just hoping that it would not end "till death do us part."
Stay in the light Mellie, even when it doesn't look so good, try to look forwards or maybe even up. And if you miss the light, come here or even in the chat where quite a lot of people are willing to give you that necessary sunray for that day!
Hey Mellie. It was nice to meet you the other day in the chat room. Sorry to hear that your at a tough spot in your life. Think of it as a transition point rather than an ending. Life goes on, even if its only one day at a time. Went through the great OK state this fall on my way to visit family in Abilene. Met many wonderful Oakies during our stops, so you will be in good hands. Their hearts seemed as big and yet sturdy as OK itself. Take care Mellie. Looking forward to visiting with you again!
This is may sound a bit odd... but her goes.
I am so sad that you two are breaking up, but when it had to happen I am glad it happend to you, becuase I know you and Dragon will do your best to make the breakup as painless as you can for Frogboy.

He will still have two parents who love him and won't use him as a weapon to hurt each other. And you both understand the situation the other is in. That is rare.

Oklahoma sounds like a wonderful place to start over, filled with love and support. And it is not too far for Frogboy to travel back and forth. Also having something to do to keep you from going crazy is good. You have a whole house and half a zoo to keep you occupied. (just remember to keep the cats inside for a week or more, so they get used to living there and won't run away if you let them out Wink Smilie ).

Mellie, you deserve a man who loves you with all his heart and Dragon deserves a woman to love with all his heart. I hope with all my heart that you both will find it. You both deserve to be insanly happy and Frogboy deserves happy parents.

All my love to the three of you (+ pets).
Hi Mellie, glad too see you around again! It makes me sad to hear such a heartbreaking turn of events in someone so amazing's life. Like everyone else, but a bit more belated, I hope everything turns out fine and dandy for you and yours.
Best wishes
It is so nice to know that I do have some great friends here. Everytime I open this thread, I start crying. My PT family really is wonderful, but I did not tell everyone about the divorce to get attention, I just wanted to let everyone know why I had not been on and apologize for neglectinng this great site.

Mellie
Quote:
but I did not tell everyone about the divorce to get attention

That thought never entered my mind, stop worrying and enjoy the love. Smile Smilie
I

Nice to see you again Mellie, although the occasion could be more joyful.
Like Val, I've been worried about you, thinking you might've been ill.
I wish you all the best for the time that comes, you've proven yourself as a strong person,this we all know. I know you'll live through this, merry times will come your way.

If you need someone to listen, or just be a friend, you know you can turn to me.
All the best wishes for the future my dear Melliot.

Big Polarbear-hug from Celeb
Yey! Celebrian! Hi babe! Waving Hello Smilie
(Sorry people for this, for most, meaningless post. Wink Smilie )
Celeb,

I am crying because of what you said. You are so sweet. and thank you for the ecard. You are such a considerate person. I wish we could find a time to be on at the same time. I miss our late night conversations.

Mellie
Oh, that was even SWEETER. *sob* Very Sad Smilie
Loni,

I think you are right, this is just a tear jerker thread. I gotta find another thread to type in that is not so senitmenal. My only problem is that I have not read Tolkien in so long, that I have nothing to add to any of the Tolkien threads, and all my Tolkien book are packed away reading to be moved to either storage or Oklahome. Right now I am only taking necessities, like pots and pans, and bathroom item a radio and tapes for music, as well as a tv and videos. lol You know the really important stuff.
I am far too late in posting in this thread, I know. But still.

Mellie, first of all: HI!!! So good to hear from you again, I was beginning to wonder what had happened to you. And though you come with sad news, I am sure you will get through it. I don't know what else to say really, everything's already been said, but I just wanted to wish you all the best for the future. Big hugs!