Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Get Yourself on TV

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > Get Yourself on TV   
[received in the mailbag this morning - anyone interested]

I am writing in relation to a documentary that we are making for a British broadcaster. We are currently looking to make contact with individuals - or groups of individuals - who have fully embraced the world of Tolkein's middle-earth - to the point of living a lifestyle that very much observes the rules and doctrines and - even language of Middle Earth. We are looking for real people who have a passion for all things Tolkein and who have dedicated their lives to living life very much as though they are in Tolkein's imagination.
Any details or contact numbers would be much appreciated.
Our office number is 0208 761 2021 and or e-mail doghousefilmsltd@hotmail.com
no one living the life of middle earth?
Hmmm...I don't think I've quite embraced it that much. I perhaps live it in my head from time to time, but I don't think my husband would find it very amusing if I started calling him "Legolas." Wink Smilie
How about just 'legs' he might not even notice ;o)
You know, too bad the people doing this documentary can't even spell "Tolkien."
Maybe some members of the Tolkien Society should try to get in that show. Would be good comedy, surely.
Me thinks most of our members have more respect for themselves than he'd ever give credit for. Mayhaps he's looking for 'Jerry Springer fodder' type geeks who don't have a life.
My sentiments too, Grondy. At one time when I was heavily into Rolemaster and other roleplaying games, I was very immersed in all aspects of Middle Earth, and would be just the sort of person they were looking for. Even back then, however, I don't think I would have wanted to be paraded on TV as some sort of sad nutcase geek (even if I was).
I

Even I'm not that geeky. Does anyone actually try and live like in Middle-Earth? Would be quite interesting, I'm sure, but it would take a long time finding people like that. They didn't have computers in ME, I'm quite sure about that.
Sounds like a new idea to just humiliate people on TV. No thank you.
Well, I'm not sure, but I don't think it looked like it neccesarily had to be that bad... I mean, there is a thread somewhere on this site asking if Quenya is hard to learn, so obviously people at least learn the languages. And I think a lot of people on this site would dress up as their favorite character and go to a convention if there were really big Tolkien conventions, like there are for Star Trek and that type of thing. I know there were some people just in my own city who dressed up to go to the movies, at least the first one... and the world would probably be a nicer place if more people were like hobbits (at least, like Frodo and Bilbo). So, is that what you mean, Grep?
(Not that I qualify for it anyway... I haven't even read LT yet...) Elf With a Big Grin Smilie