Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: I'm new

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > I'm new   
I'm new to PT and I might have a few questions about the sight. If any experienced PT members would lend me a hand, I'd be grateful.
Can anyone of you Tolkien experts help me on a problem... when did John and Edith Tolkien move to their last house near Bournemouth- 1968 or 1966?
Hi Gimili_man43,
Welcome to our Planet-Tolkien family.

At the top nav bar you will see a link called "About J.R.R. Tolkien", once in there, click on "Chronology of J.R.R. Tolkien's Life". You will find the answer to your question there.

Sorry for making you do the work, but it is the nature of my occupation.
Read Smilie Wink Smilie
Thanks for the insight, but I already did that and got an answer. It just that other bios about him say 1966 and some say 1968. If you don't know Its fine. I'm writing a 3 page bio. over him for my English 2 PAP class, and I want to find out the answer.
Hi Gimili_man43,
Sorry for the conflicting information. The following is from J.R.R. Tolkien: A Biography by Humphrey Carpenter, sanctioned by Tolkien, himself.
Quote:
...the life that Tolkien led in Bournemouth from 1968 until the end of 1971.
He and Edith bought a bungalow a short taxi-ride away from the Miramar. What Auden would have thought of this plain modern house, 19 Lakeside Road, can be easily imagined, for in his terms it was quite as 'hideous' as the Headington house.

I hope this offers some clarification. Read Smilie
yes, that is a big help! If I get a good grade i'll thank ya'll for the help.
Welcome to PT Waving Hello Smilie

Hope your paper gets %110

Enjoy PT everyone is friendly and helpful - see you around Smile Smilie

Maydmarion

Though only a few people have posted on this, I thank ya'll for the welcome! Big Smile Smilie
*Loss enters*

Why have I missed the latest goings on?

Welcome Gimli_Man... Wasn't Gimli a dwarf? Orc Grinning Smilie

Enjoy your stay here Orc Smiling Smilie