Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Positive today? or not?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Prancing Pony > Positive today? or not?   << [1] [2] [3] >>
Quote:
Life is wonderful.
It surly beats the alternative. Orc Grinning Smilie

I'm positive today, for this is 40th anniversary of my quitting smoking. I put out my last cigarette at 7 PM on 09 September 1969. Smoke Smilie
bet you can still taste it too. I still have the odd one, specially when I have a few beers during golf......always wish I hadn't but....you know...
I'm able to think positive thoughts today. Age and hormones make me tend to be moody but the mood this week is pretty upbeat, better thank it has been. And its always good if I can sleep well.

Rho, I'm sorry I didn't check back sooner. My book is about making doll clothes for 8" dolls and patterns mostly call for hand sewing rather than machine work since the items are so small. Thanks for asking Smile Smilie
I'm not very positive today, as there don't seem to be any new posts since I was here yesterday. Oh well, maybe I'll go surf the web to see if I can find some hobbit movie news to bring back to PT.
Well, since I've been mostly here by myself this weekend, I've decided to answer a few of my old posts towards lessening the negativity of the site; and towards keeping a more positive attitude. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Seeing as how Friday-the-Thirteenth fell on a Friday this month, I'm mostly positive. Especially as my grandson passed his drivers test this morning and didn't run over anyone or wreck any cars, I figure that was a pretty good start for the day being positive.

Of course I still must get through another 7.5 hours before the day is over out here on the left coast of the USA, but the Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll make it through the day with no problems worse than a broken fingernail.

Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie
Juggling Smilie It was funny day today. We went (me and my wife, and our daughter) in the woods. So beautiful with all leaves as a carpet and all. I am just happy of being alive. I am positive even now, at the end of this day.
I'm positive today, my daughter and her man friend just left on their way to the KISS concert in Seattle this evening. My my trash has been hauled, my laundry is done, and I made us scrambled eggs, bacon, and biscuits for our late brunch; and now my tummy is full.
Im mostly positive today, well at this moment anyway, i was out doing conservation volunteering today which i like despite getting soaked through and being unable to feel my hands by the end of it and scotland beat australia at rugby union for the first time in absoloutly ages Big Smile Smilie and I have tickets for next weeks game against argentina and im meeting up with my boyfriend on moday so thats a positive Smile Smilie
Im just not thinking about the amount of housework and studying and university work in general i have to do before christmas - that would be negative Tongue Smilie
heheheh, lol, even Wales could beat Ausie ATM
I'm positive today, been cooking in preparation for our belated Thanksgiving dinner. My daughter and her friend spent Thanksgiving Day at his grandfather's and will be with me tomorrow. I'm flexible and we will have deep fried turkey tomorrow. I just took the candied sweet potatoes out of the oven and they really smell yummy, must be all that real butter and brown sugar. Elf Winking Smilie
We don't really do thanksgiving over here - but Christmas is just around the corner.

I'm just happy. Plus I actually thought to come on here Smile Smilie
hey 42, how's the weather in your neck of the woods?, hot and dry here, looks like we're in for a hot dry summer
Where are you? It's been pretty wet here still (Wellington) and quite windy. Some days it's warm and others it's still cold. Heading over to Tinakori rd for the Thorndon fair soon, so I guess it's a good thing that it's still cloudy and not too hot!
Whangarei. We went up Keri keri last weekend and man it was dry, I hate to think what it's gonna look like come Feb
Im not positive, not sure what panicking and stressing over an exam ive got later today counts as but somehow i dont think its positive
Feeling OK today, I have two weeks off work. I went in and had the "snip snip" yesterday, so I'm a wee tender ATM.
I've stopped worrying about the drought, there's nothing I can do about it, and there's no point getting depressed about it.
Just as long as I have enough supplements to feed the cows we'll keep on trucking I guess.
Hi Rho, good to see you online. drought is something we deal with here too so I'll be praying for wet in any form along with you!

I'm feeling hopeful today as my cold is pretty much gone and I'm getting strength back. Also actually got some sewing work done yesterday!
Miss you dear Sian.
I am feeling sad and weak today. I have had several infections since I came down with h1n1 and it has affected my emotions. so I pray a lot and try to see the positive in anything I can.But daily I miss Grondy, worry over Grondy and long for his 'sweet voice' online.
Dear Leelee, I am so sorry to hear that you have that virus! I will pray for your recovery!
I'll pray for you Leelee Smile Smilie
I infact had it too. Not so bad as i expected though Smile Smilie
You'l be fine Smile Smilie
Not very positive today. I've been a bit under the weather and the economic situation has finally affected my family. Sorry, friends..
Depending on the answer I get.... By "sorry, friends", you don't mean your leaving, do you? I might be thinking too hard or something, but I just want to be safe.
That's rather cryptic, Gimli..I hope you don't leave PT! And I really like your new avatar :-)
I'm positive today because it might snow tomorrow! (I live in central Texas...)

Thanks, Sian. It took Tarrant a while to fix the problem I was having. Which is why i was avatar-less for a while.
i just have to tell each and every one of you that I admire and love you. I mean it. I miss each of you when you dont post for a while, I wonder what you are doing and if you are safe and happy.
even our dear Vir is precious and lovely, don't you agree?
At any rate some one that I thought would die did not and my heart is soaring and today,only second day in months it is finally glorously sunny. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Managing to step by around I feel good now to see familiar faces.

It was a nice day today! Hot for this time of the year. And it was nice to walk out for a wild, just to catch the clean air.
Leelee and Ammornil, I'm very glad you are both happy!

I'm feeling very positive today, too, it's very relaxing here and I'm having a pleasant evening. Only event of note today is the dog eating the hamburger buns when I left him in the car with the groceries. Silly me..
It is today of all days that most of the world will celebrate Love! And I am so in love, so guess what my feelings are today.

Also where I am living it is today the day of vines and wine. So Love and wine- supreme delight for body and soul!
You sound like Dionysus Thumbs Up Smilie
Quote:
even our dear Vir is precious and lovely, don't you agree?

Shhhh, you'll ruin his image. Wink Smilie

I am glad you are feeling better, Leelee. Smile Smilie

I am positive today because it is/was mother's day today and it was nice to bring my little family and visit Mum. Also it was very nice to finally get a whole nights sleep and I hope to be so lucky this night as well. You'd think it was the baby keeping me up, but nope. It's the two-year-old who for some reason refuses to go back to sleep.
I hear yah!
Ammornil, I'm very happy for you and your beloved! I imagine you sent a lovely valentine. My husband gave me a beautiful card and a box of candy, although the latter was not at all what my fat self needs.

My daughter's new husband doesn't believe in celebrating anything, not Valentine's Day or birthdays or anything, even his own. So my daughter didn't get a card or anything and is pretty sad Sad Smilie
I started an annual tradition last year by riding around the country side looking for wild flowers, and stealing flowers out of peoples gardens, this year I found a couple naked lady's on the farm so I used those instead, Siran seemed to like them.
I am happy today (as most days now)! And it has one little reason, perhaps in fact the greatest reason of all: "I love my wife". Cheers!
Ah Sian, that is so sad. You will have to get her something then, lift up her gentle heart.
Ammornil, wow, what a great guy you are.
I am feeling rather positive today for it looks as if two of my children's books will sell and I am pleased with that. I want to bless my family and increase my street ministry. Enough said, I don't believe in talking about such things on the net usually. Just happy about it.
I'm not so happy today. The basketball team of my school missed the playoffs by losing tonight's "not-hard-to-win" game, but just like last year (against the same team) we lost when it mattered mostVery Sad Smilie .... Being in my senior year, I wanted to break the playoff drought of 39 years, but thats not going to happen. It takes just about everything I have not to throw my computer out of my window...
Leelee, I'm happy for you!

Gimli, maybe in college your school teams will do better. Are you planning on college?

I'm too pooped to pop today. Ready for a good night's sleep. Financial woes have settled on the house and it's hard not to worry.
thankyou Sian dear. I know exactly how exhausint financial woes can be. whenever we hit them I pray fervently and then go into my militant mode. I get up while it is still night and bake and cook in bulk and freeze, then I go get a large supply of the best vitamin mineral supplements I can afford. This helps keep the family well and that is economical.
Next I pretend I have to pay a bill that doesn't exist and I scrimp and put it away in the bank.
I go out of my way to make the house look beautiful, a safe harbour for the family and I plan lovely candle lit dinners and we play our instruments and sing and dance and read to one another and at least wear off some of the tension that comes with that worry. And voila, in time it is ove, we have some savings to use on something special after the long drought so to speak and we all end up having great habits in spending and saving. For a while.......................Smile Smilie
Those are excellent ideas, Leelee! I will try to put at least some of them into practice. I am working hard at getting rid of the credit card, too.
Both!

Negative: I'm still awake (a bad thing in my time zone). I'm pretty sure my anxiety is flaring up again, since my brain seems to have little inclination to sleep.

Positive: I rejoined PT!

Negative: Nothing so far, except for the leftovers from the Monday's Revelations. :-((

Positive:Finished a case study That was supposed to be done with on Wednesday. Hee Hee. Atleast that is the least cause I ve for being happy. It is like I'm full of mirth that could keep whole city happy, but then it is like the closed lamp with its happiness covered. Whatever may come if you are determined to be happy you will.
I'm going with positive today because I found someway to procrastinate a 4 page analysis paper for a class until the day it was due, and still find a way to finish before school started. Yah me! Big Smile Smilie
Lee Lee, you are just to good... Some people just forget about the important things in life. I like your way to keep things from falling apart. "May the moonlight never fade in your eyes!"

And I am positive today! In fact I feel like I can make the world better place today! And I am just going to try. We are making a small group today to clean the local park for the kids. With all the snow gone it looks poor and full of garbage (mostly plastic). So we will get rid of it. I can't wait to leave work and get started.
"Help oft shall come from the hands of the weak when the Wise falter"

So is it true in this case, Ammornil. Our earth needs every little bit of help she can get.
Positive today. Nice weather and I can sit and sew and watch through the window. A peaceful day.
Fairly positive I guess, we've finally reached the end of our rope regarding the drought. We have to do re-grassing and prepare for next season and I just can't do that with the cows on the farm..... sooooo, ...tomorrow morning is my last milking then they're getting shipped up to the boss' other farm for the rest of the season. The manager of that farm isn't very happy about it because he Autumn calves, starts calving in a few weeks, but my hands are tied, I just do as I'm told.
On a more positive light, the boss is looking at buying the farm across the road and we've heard the odd wee murmur that we might go over there and manage that, which is cool because it's a awesome farm and has a really nice house on it, it's twice the size of this one and I'd have to become a contract milker, register for GST and employ a worker, very hard work, but an incredible pay packet........ but it's stupid for us to get too excited about something that hasn't happened yet, be we can remain quietly hopeful I suppose...
I'll keep hoping for you too, Rho Smile Smilie

My good thing for the day is that my son-in-law had a job interview and says it went very well.
Pretty Good. Saw my headteacher in a bio-hazard suit, discovered that everyone called Craig seems to be a fat person, and found out that my Form Tutor is leaving our school at the end of this year. Big Smile Smilie
Im feeling really great.discovered a long lost friend on Facebook.We are goin for a movie next week.
  << [1] [2] [3] >>