Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Women,men,love=pain

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Forsaken Inn > Women,men,love=pain   [1] [2] >>
Yeh, send them to hell and wallow in misery and booze, when you re-emerge you'll be all the more stronger and indippendant because of it!
Ou are right, but in the meanwhile, it huuuuuuurtsssssssss man, soooo much!!!! damn!!!! But you are right, whatever does not kill you, makes you stronger. time to move on..

[Edited on 14/2/2003 by Rednell]
I have nothing against guys but..

Births and Deaths are natural disasters, Marriage can be avoided Big Smile Smilie
My exact Philiosophy, so you're a bird then?
Yup quite right Mithrilblade
"Kindness is women, not their beauteous looks, Shall win my love." - William Shakespeare
No Kindness is not nagging you after a long days work into doing mindless and teddious task, such as pot washing or D.I.Y., whilst also not complaining about how they've not stopped all day!

Has anybody?
My Honey doesn't do any of those things, I'm really quite lucky.
Taz Wrote:
Quote:
"Kindness is women, not their beauteous looks, Shall win my love." - William Shakespeare

Ross Replied:
Quote:
No Kindness is not nagging you after a long days work into doing mindless and teddious task, such as pot washing or D.I.Y., whilst also not complaining about how they've not stopped all day!

Ummm, think you missed the deeper meaning of the quote there Ross. Or if you didn't and that is your prefered meaning of kindness in Women, well... I am greatful my girlfriend isn't like that *smiles* Ahhhh... Karma
I just don't understand this thread. Why does love=pain?
Sure, I have been in relationships where it has, but those are not true love.

As for the Nagging, I have never understood that. If you nag someone to do something, it just makes them NOT want to do it at all. Then if the person was going to do it, they refuse after that.

You ask once, if it does not get done, you either do it yourself or get someone else to do it. I have learned it is much easier to hire someone to do something once, if i want my hubby to do it. He hates having to pay for something that he can do. If he really does not want to do it, i can continue to hire them, if not he does it.

No point in fusssing over it. Every relationship is work, but in the end it really can be a lot of fun.

Being kind and considerate to your partner is a major part of it.

[Edited on 3/15/2003 by MelliotSandybanks]
At the hour of my return to this forum(oh bow before me Smoke Smilie )I can only tell you one thing,from the bottom of my heart : love is that one thing that one does not need during his lifetime.Neither while he's dead.
Life will find a way.
Quote:
Seriously though, we're really not all that bad.
I've found a real gem.... Actually I found her three years ago, but I'm only just noticing now just how much she has to put up with. I'd hate to be in a relationship with me.
Quote:
oh bow before me

*Rednell bows*
Raptor,
Where have you been old friend? Must be telepathy, as I have been thinking about you this past week and wondering where you disappeared to. Glad to see you again.

On the subject at hand. I agree that whether man or woman, kindess is the greatest attribute your lover can possess and definitely more important than physical beauty. It is beauty of the soul that counts. Big Smile Smilie
Just ignore me, I'm a misserable pig! Taz I got you meaning it's just like I said I'm a pig. Bad experiances, scared for life and all that!
Quote:
Plastic, Taz.....you guys are sure you're dating girls now?? Tongue Smilie Na-na-na-na-na Smilie

Hold on, I'll just go and check! Wink Smilie
(thanks for the excuse)
Thks Rednell-school is simply killing me.
I just realized that there are two sides here:the ones who found 'her/him' and the others.Question is what does it take to slide from one side to the other?
Quote:
love is that one thing that one does not need during his lifetime.

Sorry guys, I know this thread was like decades ago but I just can't resist after reading this quote. I totally disagree with that raptor, love is the greatest thing in life! Even if you are not into the mushy stuff of girl-boy crap, you still gotta love yourself right? Well, I for one love meself most and the rest of the world can go cry for all I care! Muhahahahaha!...Errmmm...just kidding....Besides loving someone else is just the extension of loving yourself right?
Rubbish, love is a crutch. You better off not getting involved, as they only try to rip your heart out of you ***!
Take one of my mate Kirkby, he got involved with this girl, less than a month later she's moved herslef in, got pregenant (he's a careful bloke), conveniently lost her job, is forcing his lodger to move out and won't ever let him do anything (and I mean anything). Yet he's the only one who can't see she's just gold digging. I say feed her to the Sarlac!
aaw poor Ross, maybe its that you dont know how 2 pick the right girl!
But,I know some are naggy.So men can be too!
Quote:
Quote:
Plastic, Taz.....you guys are sure you're dating girls now?? Tongue Smilie Na-na-na-na-na Smilie

Hold on, I'll just go and check! Wink Smilie
(thanks for the excuse)

Giggle Big Laugh Smilie ,u just made my day plastic, ty Big Laugh Smilie
Quote:
aaw poor Ross, maybe its that you dont know how 2 pick the right girl!
But,I know some are naggy.So men can be too!
I don't want a woman, they'd crash my house and before you know it, they'd sneak cusions and pot'pouri into my bachelor pad. They'd mess with your speakers (note to all women, never mess with a bloke speakers or seperates. If he has seperates he is a music buff and will decapitate you for, touch seperates/speakers, putting stuff on them, looking at them in a funny way and breathing on them). Last of all they seem to have a problem with tanin stained mugs, eating last nights kebab/pizza for breakfast and ironing or lack of it!
Quote:
... and ironing or lack of it
I haven't heated an iron for twenty years, I have one in the back room hidden on a shelf somewhere, but ironing is the work of trolls. Wary Smilie Maybe I should clarify that so as not to denigrate those women who still feel the need to slave over a hot ironing board or mangle.
Quote:
The need for ironing is the work of trolls. Jumping Flame Smilie

Quote:
I haven't heated an iron for twenty years, I have one in the back room hidden on a shelf somewhere, but ironing is the work of trolls. Maybe I should clarify that so as not to denigrate those women who still feel the need to slave over a hot ironing board or mangle.
I haven't touched an iron since I was 13, when my mother refused to do it any more due, to my clothes only getting screwed up whilst lying in a heap on the floor! Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
Rubbish, love is a crutch. You better off not getting involved, as they only try to rip your heart out of you ***!
Take one of my mate Kirkby, he got involved with this girl, less than a month later she's moved herslef in, got pregenant (he's a careful bloke), conveniently lost her job, is forcing his lodger to move out and won't ever let him do anything (and I mean anything). Yet he's the only one who can't see she's just gold digging. I say feed her to the Sarlac!

Whoa dude, your friend really have it hard...have you tried telling him that the gal he is with is a love-money-grubbing witch? That sort of gals really should burn in hell....with all the talk about gender equality and stuff she should at least have the decency to earn her own living, like the rest of respectable women in the world. But perhaps she has other reasons so I am trying not to judge to quickly. Btw I am a liitle MCP, just a wee little so, if this is offending, feel free to edit it...And yeah, I know how you feel Ross, they really know how to get to stuff that you don't want them to and you get all mad and stuff and they say that it is better this way and we are not appreciative and stuff and that she gets mad and us men will have to say we are sorry and stuff when we don't reaaly mean it and think it is their fault for messing with our stuff in the first place.... Mad Smilie
On the other hand, men aren't exactly a pleasure to live with at all times either.

I don't think we should categorise it in women vs men. It is after all the personality we like/dislike, isn't it?

Yes, I've had a girlfriend and I agree that they can be a pain in the behind. But I've also had boyfriends and they can be even worse. Let's face it: it's not gender related, really.

So don't say "No woman, no cry", exchange it for: "No emotions involved, no pain" if you really must be negative.
I prefer to say: "I'd rather loved and lost than never loved at all".
Very well said Ringfacwen.
Here are some short poems:

Your words are my food, your breath is my wine
You are everything to me.

- Sarah Bernhardt -

As we grow older together,
As we continue to change with age,
There is one thing that will never change...
I will always keep falling in love with you.

- Karen Clodfelder -

As I stand here today with the world as my witness,
I pledge to you my undying and everlasting love.
I will stand beside you as your partner,
I will stand before you as your protector,
And I will stand behind you as your solace.
Please spend and end your life with me.

-?-

Quote:
As for cold pizza in the morning........It beats cereal or toast anyday!!!
Unless you have a hangover, then dry toast and lemon-lime soda are called for.
I Love You Smilie In Love Smilie My great grandma used to say to me, "Love is something that tickles your heart where you can't scratch it" In Love Smilie I Love You Smilie

O, by the way guys, no man was ever shot while washing dishes or sorting laundry!
And another short poem...

Quote:
C'm'ere baby, I gots me an itch...
-Plastic Squirrel 2003

Yeh but not all girls are as cool as you Ringy!
Quote:

As, Ringfacwen said, not all girls are like the ones you seem to have met along life's highway.
Perhaps you need to meet a Canadian girl, Ross. Big Laugh Smilie
Quote:
Quote:

As, Ringfacwen said, not all girls are like the ones you seem to have met along life's highway.
Perhaps you need to meet a Canadian girl, Ross. Big Laugh Smilie

What is the difference? Tongue Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie
Sorry, I can't help it...just friendly teasing on my part.
Quote:
Really though.......you just have to muddle through the fake, flaky ones and then you'ss eventually find the right one.

muddle through? its like swimming through the ocean! Guys too. I mean, look. There are the girls who have real problems that need a good punch in the face. but guys never hit girls. So leave the girl-hitting to girls. And some guys need to be put in their place. A good smack is the girlie move, but a punch in the gut would do it. Muddling through would just be pushing them aside. They are like dogs. They come right back.
WOW Super Wow Smilie
I have never seen Ross compliment a girl Ha Ha Ha Smilie
Quote:
Perhaps you need to meet a Canadian girl, Ross.

Perhaps he does. Wink Smilie
Ross, I've found if you approach your love life with the attitude that you are the worst thing that can possibly happen to them, and then treat them that way, you will get along fine with women (as long as you don't go and do something stupid like falling in love with them, because that makes walking away from the mess you create a lot harder.)

Be warned girls, I'm the very worst person you should ever fall in love with Bad! Smilie
People fall in love with you ??wow...that must be a miricale. Wink Smilie
Quote:
Perhaps you need to meet a Canadian girl, Ross.
It's an option, unfortunately I live in Manchester, so it's a tad unlikely!

Quote:
Ross, I've found if you approach your love life with the attitude that you are the worst thing that can possibly happen to them, and then treat them that way, you will get along fine with women (as long as you don't go and do something stupid like falling in love with them, because that makes walking away from the mess you create a lot harder.)
First of all, I am the worst thing that can happen to a woman. Second, I do fall in love far to easily and that is where my fault lies. This is why I have developed the hard @$$ and shalow aproach to everything!
Quote:
First of all, I am the worst thing that can happen to a woman. Second, I do fall in love far to easily and that is where my fault lies. This is why I have developed the hard @$$ and shalow aproach to everything!

Ross, when you do find that one special lady, you'll know because she'll be the one who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotton. Wink Smilie

Men seem to fall in love through their eyes, and women through their ears.... pathetic huh?
My mate who's lodging with my mate who's shacked up with the scank, is moving in ith me on Saturday. So I'll have more money and a lodger!
I'm already practising conversation's "Mike, put the kettle on!". "Are you making a brew Mike?" "Go on then I'll have one, if you're going in the kitchen!" "Mike, what letter comes after S?" "Oh go on then!" Tongue Smilie Wink Smilie
lots of luck with your mate moving in ross, sounds like you may need it. lol
Quote:
"Mike, put the kettle on!". "Are you making a brew Mike?" "Go on then I'll have one, if you're going in the kitchen!" "Mike, what letter comes after S?" "Oh go on then!"
Well, if this is the approach you have with the girls in your life, Ross, maybe we've hit the root of your problems. I once ran a doorbell up to my top bedroom (where I spent 90% of my time) so that my wife could let me know my dinner was ready. For some reason she eventually decided to leave me....

My moral now... They are just there for having fun, not for providing cups of tea and meals. Big Smile Smilie
Very true Val, if my husband expected my to provide cups of tea, and meals then we would have been divorced years ago.

I don't cook well, so I don't do it often. He is the cook in the family, and since I have been having so many medical problems, he and Robbie have been the ones cleaning as well. On my good days though, I am the one that does the cleaning. (well, most of the time anyhow.) There is much more to a relationship besides a clean house and meals. Those do help though, I do have to admit.
Hmmm a doorbell, I'm just poping out to B&Q!
Well, my hubby, is an excellent cook, and far from being stupid in the kitchen. If we had the money, he would quit his job and open his own restaurant. On our second date he made dinner for me and I thought that I had died and gone to heaven. It was amazing. If anything were to ever happen and we were not together, it is me that would starve not him. I am horrible in the kitchen. I am better at burning things than cooking. I do have a couple that I can make, but they are far and few between. So, it works out great that he cooks and I clean.

[Edited on 6/27/2003 by MelliotSandybanks]
Quote:
When I say muddle through, I mean you learn from the ones you've been involved with or seen your friends with and eventually you're able to distinguish, to a good degree, the ones that look like trouble. There are always signs or gestures to look out for.

Now, there are no guarantees and it's not always easy but as long as you don't rush into anything too fast you can really start to see a person for who they really are. But you have to keep your eyes open.........

Spoken like a very wise young lady! I really dig you Ringy, from everything Iíve read about you, and conversations weíve had here and there, it sounds like to me some fool of a Took is going to be pretty lucky to land you!
Elf Winking Smilie

Anyway, I have a couple of things I want to say. Iíve been married (gasp) for 13 months now, but my wife and I have been together for 6 Ĺ years, and she is the greatest! She totally and completely accepts me for who I am, she has never, ever tried to change me, and she has always supported me, and completely gives me the space I need to be me, and to do what I do (music is my main gig). We get along so well, and in the last 6 Ĺ years, I can count the number of times weíve argued on one hand (I canít even call them fights, because to this day, I donít think weíve ever had a real fight). I know sheís the perfect person for me, and thatís why I committed to the death sentence.
Tongue Smilie

Brace yourselves fellas, we also cook together! We both love food, and we enjoy making stuff together as a team, and having our friends over all the time to grub. Iím the grill master, and my wife is the Queen of baked goodies, gourmet appetizers, side dishes, sauces, marinades etcÖ Not to brag, but my wife is the bomb in the kitchen! Her cooking will blow you away (Eru Iím lucky)! Guess what, I also do dishes, and so does she. I do them most of the time, cause she does most of the cooking, but she certainly does her fair share as well. Did I mention that she can drink most guys under the table?

We do our laundry together most of the time, unless itís been a while, and then Iíll just take it upon myself, because I have a much more flexible schedule than she does, so Iíll just bust it out. I do take care of all our plants though, because thatís just something she canít do. I know how to keep them alive, and she knows how to kill them! Iím also the chief garbage taker outer (which is cool, thatís a manís job anyway), though she does help out with that once in a while. I also manage our money, keep track of the finances, and deal with all the financial b.s. cause Iím just better at that sort of thing. I guess my point is fellas, is that there are those special ladies out there, and theyíre worth it.

Now on to the pain! Very Evil Smilie

You will never know what itís like to truly love someone, until you loved someone you had to let go! As much as I love my wife (and I do immensely, more now today than when we first met), sheís not the love of my life. The love of my life crushed me, and ripped my heart out when we broke up about 10 years ago. Iím not going to go into some long, big sob story, because itís complicated, and I would be here all day, but when we broke up, it was the right thing to do, and it was the best thing for her. It wasnít the best thing for me (and the pain and torment I suffered was d@mn near unbearable), I loved her more than life itself, but it was the right thing to do for her, and I truly loved her so much, that I let her go. In truth Iíve never stopped loving her, but I had to move on. Iíve just learned to bury my feelings, and the pain, and to accept things for the way they are.

She actually called me out of the blue about 2 months ago, after not seeing her, or speaking with her for 7 years, and just the sound of her voice was almost more than I could take. She had no idea I was married now, and it hurt me to tell her. Sheís just the one person I never wanted to say that to. Anyway we talked for a while, and it was so cool just to hear from her. To know that sheís alive, and at least doing well, but it really f%&#ed with my head for a few days after that.

Donít get me wrong, Iím very happy, I love my wife, and I know that sheís actually the perfect person for me. Iím lucky, and I know it! I would never do anything to hurt her, sheís been there for me through thick and thin, and I have way too much respect for her. I guess my point to all the fellas out there is, even if you loved somebody, and gotten hurt for whatever reason, thatís no need to take the hard a$$ attitude, and never open up, or love, or trust somebody ever again. If you do, you may end up missing out on the perfect person for you. In life, we have to take the bitter with the sweet!
Elf Smilie
Right on Elfstone!
Quote:
Well, my hubby, is an excellent cook, and far from being stupid in the kitchen. If we had the money, he would quit his job and open his own restaurant. On our second date he made dinner for me and I thought that I had died and gone to heaven. It was amazing. If anything were to ever happen and we were not together, it is me that would starve not him. I am horrible in the kitchen. I am better at burning things than cooking. I do have a couple that I can make, but they are far and few between. So, it works out great that he cooks and I clean.

haha, aren't you blessed to have a hubby that can cook! Smile Smilie
It seems like every fellla I know can't tell salt from sugar.
*LadyFeawen
I can cook, it's one of the things my mum and grandma drilled into us all when we we're young. I can also knit, sow and iron (allthough it doesn't happen much). Plus wood/metal work, cleaning sumps and cleaning log jams Sad Smilie (I'm just happy that my dad has some dynarods)
And you're still single Ross?!Ņ I'm surprised some girl hasn't picked you up yet!
This is what I keep telling people, I don't want a girlfriend. I'm quite happy being able to sit on my couch, listen to music and get so drunk that I can pee in the sink! Tongue Smilie
  [1] [2] >>