Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Women,men,love=pain

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Forsaken Inn > Women,men,love=pain   << [1] [2]
Quote:
and get so drunk that I can pee in the sink!
In that case I hope you're not like the typical young batchelor who usually leaves a week's washing up in there too. Wary Smilie
That's soO0 gross, my brothers manage to miss every place but the toilet bowl and think it's fun to take a bath and either leave the water running or leaving the plug in. Ugh! Very Mad Smilie Angry Elf Smilie
Quote:
In that case I hope you're not like the typical young batchelor who usually leaves a week's washing up in there too. Wary Smilie
Well even some of us old b-words, wait to do dishes until the sink gets full. As the dishwasher is full of clean dishes, until it gets emppostThreadID there is no other place to keep the dirty ones. My mother also taught me that all sinks are out of bounds for certain functions, drunk or sober.
Quote:
and get so drunk that I can pee in the sink!

You have to be drunk to do that? Really? Nobody told me...

I've done much worse when I was drunk, that's just for when the bathroom's occupied...
Quote:
As the dishwasher is full of clean dishes, until it gets emppostThreadID there is no other place to keep the dirty ones
Amatures. A real bachelor has two dishwashers, you take clean dishes from one and fill up the other.
No I don't put my dirty pots in the sink, as you get much more use out of them if they stay dry. First of all you lick all gravy/sauces, peices of left over beans, meat, chips. Then you leave them at one side. The sink is only used when i have used all dishes/plates three or four times!
Quote:
No I don't put my dirty pots in the sink, as you get much more use out of them if they stay dry. First of all you lick all gravy/sauces, peices of left over beans, meat, chips. Then you leave them at one side. The sink is only used when i have used all dishes/plates three or four times!

This is why I have a dog, quicker and much less effort than a dishwasher.
Quote:
And I don`t believe that cooking is a woman`s duty......but I`m not gonna go there!

Thank you Ring, I am glad that I am not the only one that thinks that way. I wrote a huge paragraph about that statement and then deleted it.
Quote:
... but hey......it`s the 21st century. ...
What do they call the century following the 'century of the fruitbat'? Assuming we no longer are in the 'century of the fruitbat'.
Quote:
I wouldnít call myself a feminist or anything but hey,Ö.. itís the 21st century. I donít believe that anything is anyoneís duty.

I am not what you would call a feminist either, but I have to agree with you. I don't believe that anything is anyone's duty. I guess my biggest problem with that statement was the word duty. In our family, we all have our own chores, but not one duty.

I guess that also goes back to the topic of this thread. I mean relationships work out when people share their responsibilities and don't assign roles to one or the other. Both just do what is necessary to create a happy and loving environment around them.

Yes, most of the time Matthew cooks, but when he is not home, I have to come up with something, even if it is just sandwiches or having something delivered. If I am not capable of cleaning house, he allows me to hire someone to come help me, or he and Robbie do it. Relationships are give and take, and if all parties in the relationship are willing to do that, then there will not be pain in love.

The pain in love comes when one person takes too much and does something that the other does not find acceptable. It can be something minor to one, but catastrophic to another. I have been blessed to be in a relationship that has survived many things in the last 10-12 years that would have split up many couples. We have worked through our problems every step of the way and the longer we are together, the fewer problems we have. Unlike Elfstone, I can say that we have had a handful of fights. Three of which were true fights. Only one since we have been married. I am thankful that we have not had many of them.

I just hope that people at PT find happiness in their relationships, romantic or otherwise.

Well, I guess I can get off my soapbox now.
  << [1] [2]