Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Paste the last thing you copied here!!! Pointless but fun.

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Forsaken Inn > Paste the last thing you copied here!!! Pointless but fun.   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] >>
Quote:
Anilorak
I must have been responding to one of his posts: about Tolkienmail.com I think.
Quote:
Tongue Smilie I was talking about you grondy! to Star of Hope..
That's funny Gimli, my ears weren't burning. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
Darn! maybe I didnt say enough about you then...

ok.. for my post... uh..

dang.... I hit paste.. and nothing.. guess I havent this time!
Quote:
Lang zullen ze leven
Lang zullen ze leven
Lang zullen ze leven in de gloria
in de gloria
in de gloria
HIP HIP HIP HOERA!
HIP HIP HIP HOERA!
HIP HIP HIP HOERA!

Oh yeah. From the Party tree thread. I wanted to quote this (Gnampie) and then put I under it. Which I did... Big Smile Smilie

[Edited on 16/6/2003 by TomBombadillo]
Quote:
http://www.planet-tolkien.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Chat&file=index

Er.. Looks like I was copying the way to the chat.. Hum.. Which is weird cause I always use mIRC... Except for now, that is, when the server is down. Sad Smilie
Quote:
Jumping Flame Smilie Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Well, at least it wasn't just a single smilie.
http://www.tolkienonline.com/mb/postBodyview.cfm?capostThreadID=37&threadid=67662

it was a link to some very strange and odd thread at torc...
Quote:
me: yea well, i'll talk to you later!
friend: whateva have fun at work
me: Sad Smilie

O, I was copying something from my conversation with a friend online this morning! Of course I changed our screennames. Wink Smilie

[Editat el 18/6/2003 per Andrea]
Quote:
No harm done.
I removed a political post from this thread. Happy Elf Smilie
Quote:
Zone 2

52 48’.000N 000 12’.660E
52 49’.850N 000 13’.050E
52 50’.150N 000 12’.900E
52 50’.450N 000 12’.570E
52 50’.670N 000 12’.550E
52 51’.500N 000 14’.200E
52 52’.250N 000 13’.000E
52 53’.300N 000 13’.600E
52 57’.350N 000 16’.500E
52 58’.880N 000 11’.080E
52 57’.740N 000 08’.780E
52 56’.980N 000 08’.200E
52 56’.020N 000 04’.900E (Tabs Head)
52 53’.580N 000 00’.580E (This line will cause both banks of the River Welland, and the part of the non-shaded area to the west which contains the mussels to be included.)
Some work stuff I was messing about with earlier.
Quote:
Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster
It's better than the penultimate alcoholic drink.
Quote:
http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~wyatt/wrecks.html

Sent to a friend who was arguing that the Titanic was the worst disaster at sea, in terms of lives lost on a single ship. Titanic is actually 23rd on this list.
Quote:
http://downloads.opalcat.com/files/manamana.swf

Hehe! It's the link to that annoying yet wonderful Mahna Mahna song! I think I was sending it to a friend to get it stuck in her head too!
Quote:
gets out her collection of cherry pits*

If I knew, I'd tell you... Big Laugh Smilie
Quote:
/msg NickServ IDENTIFY password

no need to tell you, right. Smile Smilie
RnNhyde discusses starting an multi-national underground publication

Quoting someone on another board.
Holding Roses.....

O it was the poem for my next journal, I'm not going to spoil it and post the whole thing, just the title. Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
, a beg
a spelling error and the words were in the wrong place in the sentence so I outed them.
Quote:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flow.shtml tripped out ****
Try it, it's cool.
Time for another one.

· Create a channel with the 3xOsc
· Create a nice rythm which will be used for the gating effect
· Assign an FX Track to this channel [FX3]
· Put the Peak Controller on this channel [FX3]
· Create a new channel with the 3xOsc or with any synth you want
· Play some nice long chords and record them
· Assign the volume knob [right-click / Link to controller ...] to the internal controller "Peak Controller FX3 - Peak + LFO"
· Press play, and there you go: A nicely gated trance synth pattern.

Ooooh, interesting. Smoke Smilie
Quote:

um... ok... I have no idea what soever!
Quote:
LadyBlueAutomnSky
We continue to misspell autumn. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
Quote:
Lesson 13

This lesson will teach you about the mixed conjugation verbs.

INTRODUCTION

The mixed conjugation verbs appear on the outside to look like a-stems, yet they behave like both an a-stem and an i-stem. This group of verbs seems to include most verbs with a single consonant before the final -a, as long as the consonant is not th or ch which represented older clusters.

The verbs that appear to belong to this group are:

ava "will not"
brona "survive"
fara "hunt"
gala "grow"
laba "hop"
nara "tell"
pada "walk"
rada "make a way"
aphada "follow"
athrada "traverse"
gannada "play a harp"
lathrada "eavesdrop"
limmada "moisten"
nimmida "whiten"
tangada " make firm"

CONJUGATION

The infinitive, present tense, future tense, imperative, active participle and gerund all seem to be conjugated like regular a-stem verbs. Lets use Tangada- as an example:

Infinitive: Tangado "to make firm"
Present tense: Tangada "makes firm"
Future tense: Tangadatha "will make firm"
Imperative: Tangado "make firm!"
Active participle: Tangadol "making firm" (adj)
Gerund: Tangadad "making firm" (n)

The past tense, passive participle, and the perfective active participle seems to be conjugated like i-stems as if the final -a of the verb did not exist. Again lets use Tangada- as an example:

Past tense: Tangant "made firm" (nasal infix! Lesson 11)
Passive participle: Tangaden "stopped" (adj)
Perfective Active participle: Tangódiel "having stopped" (adj)

MORE ON THE PAST TENSE AND PERFECTIVE ACTIVE PARTICIPLE

There are a few things that differ from the normal i-stem conjugation that should be noted. When the verb naturally has a long vowel, this vowel is probably shortened in the past tense of mixed conjugation.

Síla > Sill
Aníra > Anirn
Tíra > Tirn

When there is a long vowel in the verb, it cannot naturally be lengthened any more than it is when forming the perfective active participle so we must assume that is stays long.

Síla "shine" > Síliel "having shone"

PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER

*Mixed mutation seems to occur to most verbs with a single consonant before the final -a
*The infinitive, present tense, future tense, imperative, active participle and gerund all seem to be conjugated like regular a-stem verbs
*The past tense, passive participle, and the perfective active participle seems to be conjugated like i-stems as if the final -a of the verb did not exist
*Long vowels are probably shortened in the past tense of mixed conjugation
*Verbs that contain a long vowel remain long in the perfective active participle

This concludes lesson 13

Seems I was saving an elvish lesson to my computer...
That seems like a good Sindarin course. Where did you find it?
Quote:
Tuatha De Danann

A comparison of Pre-human Irish immortals with Tolkien's Elves.
Andrea check for (not gonna say the name of the person)'s loan app and see if he has all this for me.
W-2 forms, recent pay stubs and tax returns for the past two years, social security, overtime bonus, commission, interest income, veteran's benefits and so on.
List of bank account numbers, the address of his bank branch, checking and savings account statements for the previous 2-3 months; List of savings bonds, stocks or investments and their approximate market values; Copies of titles to any motor vehicles that are paid in full. Copy of the ratified purchase contract; a copy of canceled deposit check on house. Credit card bills for the past few billing periods; Other consumer debt such as car loans, furniture loans, student loans and other personal and cosigned installment loans with creditor addresses and phone numbers; Evidence of mortgage and/or rental payments; And aopies of alimony or child support.

Letter from my mom at work.
Quote:
SPONTANIOUS
Wiggle Smilie
Quote:
I dont know WHAT HTML is!!!!

That was when I was trying to get it thu to a friend that I didnt know what HTML is.
Quote:
Who got caught in a spray of some liquid fire?
1)
What dwarf was once transported in a cask that had previously been filled with apples?
2)
Who said: “Harrowdale at last! Our journey is almost at an end.”?
3)
What did the air near Rivendell smell like, according to Bilbo?
4)
In what chapter does Sam recite the poem “Oliphaunt”?
5)
What were Smaug’s first words in "The Hobbit"?
6)
Who said to Gandalf: “Die now and curse in vain!”?
7)
In English, the only correct plural of “dwarf” is “dwarfs” and the adjective is “dwarfish”. You may have noticed though, that professor Tolkien sometimes uses the (incorrect) “dwarves” and “dwarvish”. In what case only does he use these incorrect forms?
8)
What was the name of the Elvenking of Mirkwood’s butler?
9)
Who said: “Now we had better have it again.”?
10)
What was the colour of Dwalin’s beard?
11)
Who said: “Yes, whichever side wins, his outlook is poor.”?
12)
Who was the last king at Fornost?
13)
How were the soldiers in the army of Dain clad?
14)
What did Gandalf answer to the question: “What did the Men of old use them for?” and who asked this question?
15)
16)
Who murmured: “Cold be hand and heart and bone, and cold be sleep under stone.”?
17)
Who was Roäc’s father?
18)
What chapter begins with the words: “They rode on through sunset, and slow dusk, and gathering night.”?
19)
In what year did Sam Gamgee marry Rosie Cotton?
20)
Of what was Bilbo so terrified when he managed to get outside the Elvenking’s palace?
21)
Who said: “Wizards are always troubled about the future.”?
22)
What was Gollum talking about when he “sang”: “Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsting, ever drinking; clad in mail, never clinking.”?
23)
Who said: “I drew it forth, and staunched the wound.”?
24)
Name one of the three trolls Bilbo and the dwarves encountered.
25)
Of whom did Frodo speak when he said: “Miserable fool, but I am sorry for him.”?
26)
What was it that Bilbo couldn’t find when he wanted to smoke a pipe down under the Misty Mountains?
27)
Who said: “A pawn did Gandalf say? Perhaps, but on the wrong chessboard.”, and to whom do these lines refer?
28)
29)
Who said: “I count many things: stars in sky, leaves on trees, men in the dark.”?
30)
Who sang he/she was in a hurry?
31)
Balin expected the halls within the Lonely Mountain to be filled with what?
32)
Who was Beregond’s father?
33)
What was the first name of the Appledore Butterbur spoke of?
34)
Of whom do harpers sadly sing?
35)
What is it that no dragon can resist? (part from a mountain of gold and all the other obvious things, the answer I’m looking for is clearly mentioned in these words somewhere)
36)
What were Faramir’s first words in The Lord of the Rings?
37)
How was the game of golf invented according to a tale by Tolkien?
38)
Who stammered: “Well, er, yes, I suppose so”?
39)
Who was the leader of the Dúnadan that came riding south in search of Aragorn?
40)
Gandalf said to Bilbo on their first meeting: “To think that I should have lived to be good-morninged by Belladonna Took’s son as if he was what?”
41)
What was the Hobbits’ name for the Plough or Great Bear?
42)
Who said: “Not well. That would be the study of many lives. But I come here now and again.”?
43)
What was Gollum’s answer to the riddle: “A box without hinges, key, or lid; yet golden treasure inside is hid.”? (I want you to put down Gollum’s exact words here!)
44)
Who died in the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, and would therefore never return to Pinnath Gelin?
45)
Who laughed amid his tears at the Grey Havens?
46)
What was the colour of the handkerchief Bilbo borrowed from Elrond?
47)
Who said: “Nay, time does not tarry ever, but change and growth is not in all places alike.”?
48)
Who was Bombur’s cousin?
49)
Before they had supper, Beorn clapped in his hands and in trotted what?
50)
How many times does Tolkien mention in The Hobbit that Bilbo wished he was back home in his own Hobbit-hole? (Only count the ones where he literally says he WISHES or WANTS to be back home, in his own Hobbit-hole, or in some part of it!)
51)
In what year did Tolkien get married and what was the name of his wife?
52)
53)
Who chanted: “O’er stony mountains cold and grey; trough halls of iron and darkling door.”?
54)
With who did Tolkien write the book "The road goes ever on and on"?
55)
How many bearers has the One Ring had ( including its Master, counting only the ones who had it for a longer period)?
56)
In what year was Priscilla Tolkien born?
57)
When did Tolkien retire? (the year will do)
58)
When was professor Tolkien born and when did he die?
59)
60)

Oh yes, I was mailing my quiz to Moonstar. Tongue Smilie
Quote:
Happy Birthday Emily and Gabby!

Just a happy birthday hello to my cousins.

[Editat el 1/7/2003 per Andrea]
Quote:
(as opposed to a race etc
part of a reply to the Eye Spy in Middle-earth game found in the Ivy Bush Tavern.
Lauryn Hill, Wyclef Jean and Prakazrel Michel formed what rap group in the late-80s?

I'm guessing my brother was on before me...
The Fugees, oh sorry, this isn't a quiz is it?

Quote:
Other Movies

heh, moving topics around again...
Quote:
Moderator Smilie Could any of you who are copying entire songs into this, or any other thread for that matter, ensure that you clearly credit the writer of the song at the bottom please. To not do so is a serious breach of copywrite.

If you have already posted such a song anywhere on this site without crediting the writer, could you please go back to that post and edit it as soon as possible. In the next few weeks I shall be removing any uncredited songs that I come across.

Breach of copywrite is an unlawful offence, in which Planet Tolkien can be held responsible. Unless you wish to aid us in busting Taz from jail, can you take care when posting song/poem material.

Even by crediting the writer, it is still a copywrite offence. The preferred option is to only copy part of the song/poem and to credit the writer at the bottom.

Thank you.
Moderator Smilie
From a few warnings I was posting earlier.
Quote:
Birthday Smile Smilie Pary Smilie Super Wow Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Birthday Smile Smilie Pary Smilie Birthday Smilie

I was in the Party Tree Thread, leaving birthday wishes for my fellow PT members.

Quote:
I was searching for the thread where that funny cat story had previously been told

http://www.planet-tolkien.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewthread&fid=22&postThreadID=154&page=18&orderdate=

There you go Grondy. Under the date 8/5/03/Prancing Pony/Jokes pg 18
Big Laugh Smilie
(Had to edit as link didn't work)

[Edited on 3/7/2003 by Rednell]
Quote:
Pary Smilie Dunce Smilie Birthday Smile Smilie Birthday Smilie

Yeah, posting in the Party Tree too. Too lazy to type it all out. lol Animated Wink Smilie
Quote:
Alot of men are good cooks! My grandfather is a fabulous one!! And I don`t believe that cooking is a woman`s duty......but I`m not gonna go there!

I was leaving a reply to Ring in another thread. Trying not to make a comment that would upset someone else.
What I pasted here can be found today in the Jokes section of the Prancing Pony Tavern under my name, and because it filled about 15 column inches I deleted it from here.
Pary Smilie

Part of a mass birthday postBody in the Party Tree.
Quote:
proceeds to
I may have used this in the gurgle thread.
http://pub2.ezboard.com/bthegreyhavens66704

uh.. yea.. dont go here.. bad place.. lots of nasty words and nastier people..... but it is the last thing i pasted...
Quote:
/msg NickServ IDENTIFY password.

I guess that wasn't the first time. Lol
I was in the chat. (Duuh)
Quote:
SYS-ERROR_D3D_CREATE_DEVICE
I still am unable to to get the new PC version of Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness to start. I don't think its DirectX 9.0 likes my 32MB Diamond Viper V770D Ultra NVIDIA video card and I can't find a compatable driver for it.
Quote:
A sword or a gun???

Once again copying in "The Dual Chain Game"-thread. Smile Smilie
last thing I pasted was Altallo which his my name in quenya which means little great one. And you don't know how surprise I was when I read the translation....ohh how I laughed
Quote:
Hello again Gandalf.
I didn't like its placement in my post, so I moved it.
Birthday Smile Smilie Pary Smilie

Part of another birthday postBody.

[Edited on 20/7/2003 by Peredhil]
Initial groups derivative groups
GS D6 GS D6
185 6 10 3
18 2
18 2
20 2
30 4
35 6
50 6
180 6 10 2
20 2
20 2
50 6 20 2
22 4

These are the results on ant behaviour from a paper I am supposed to write now...
E-gads! gosh dang it...aahh...

^Trying to save a ungreatfull spider while it ran at my feet...
What is Enlightenment?

Quoting someone on another board.
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] >>