Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: RingCon2003 ????!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Forsaken Inn > RingCon2003 ????!!!!!!!!!!!   
Hey I never saw Gil-Galad in the movies! So how can there be an actor for Gilly?

Never heard of anything like Ringcon.....we had the Scandinavian Sci-Fi convention for some months agoBig Smile Smilie

that was cool!
Gil-galad is there, he just never got introdused because he is not important in the movie. Can't remeber where he stands, but you'll find him if you look for him.
Quote:
Hey I never saw Gil-Galad in the movies! So how can there be an actor for Gilly?
Gil-galad the King of the Elves, showed up in the prologue and also got killed by Sauron, I doubt whether we saw his actual death in the movie though, because the Elendil death/Isildur ring off cutting was the part of the story that PJ needed to spend film showing us.

Quote:
Gil-galad was an Elven-king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the Mountains and the Sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinning helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in Mordor where the shadows are.
Sad Smilie
Yeah Grondy I KNOW WHO Gil-Galad is.....I sure KNOW that he is a big part of the Last Alliance.....but I never saw him battling Sauron with Elendil....just saw that stupid Elrond!!!

Why did he have the big spear of Gil-Galad??
Quote:
I haven't heard about any other convention like this

Have you checked out the Gathering of the Fellowship in Toronto Dec 15 to 17?
www.tolkiengathering.com
Well thanks to my economy I stay in Sweden and only go to conventions if they are in Copenhagen, MalmŲ or the rest of the proudest part of Sweden......SkŚneBig Smile Smilie
Wow. If i tell people I have gone to a lord of the rings convention they think im weird. But wow, that is so cool to see there are so many of you. I went to the one in Canberra in March and am going to the one in November, and maybe the new on in July if I can afford it. The one in March was great, the hotel we stayed at was fantastic. Aslo I shared the top floor with all of the celebrities so that was interesting, they like to make trouble those elves.