Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Songs from the Sountracks.

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Forsaken Inn > Songs from the Sountracks.   
Hey all Smile Smilie
What are your favorite songs from : Return of the King,Two Towers and the Fellowship soundtracks?
FotR: The Prophecy, The Bridge of Khazad-dum, Aniron, May It Be, In Dreams, Lotlorien (with Lament for Gandalf) and The Shadow of the Past.
TTT: Gollum's Song.
RotK: The Steward of Gondor (feat. Pippin's Song), Twilight and Shadow, Into The West, The White Tree (and I haven't listened to all of RotK's sdtk yet!)

How difficult a choice is this!!!!!!! I assume we are talking tracks rather than individual songs?

I like it all. I love the woven themes and the soaring choral pieces all the way through.

For FOTR: I agree with Bugy with Bridge of Khazad-Dum - especially the end choral piece which is just so full of loss and grief. A Knife in the Dark - I love the Isengard Theme in that.

TT: May it Be
Helm's Deep (love the Edoras theme)
Forth Eorlings

RotK: Steward of Gondor just for that lovely Billy Boyd bit - I'm not sure whether I actually love the song itself or if it is the connection between the song and what happens in the film - that wonderful scene, brief though it is, of Denethor and Pipping while outside hell is let loose ...... just makes me cry. Twilight and Shadow - ooooh yes! Field of the Pelennor, The End of All Things, The Grey Havens and Into the West.

It is immensely difficult to choose, but...
FotR: Concerning Hobbits, the Treason of Isengard, Flight to the Ford, Journey in the Dark, The Bridge of Khazad-dűm, Lothlórien, the Great River, the Breaking of the Fellowship... (why don't I name all of them and get it over with? Big Smile Smilie
TTT: Foundations of Stone, the Uruk-hai, the King of the Golden Hall, Evenstar, Forth Eorlingas, Isengard Unleashed, Samwise the Brave, Gollum's Song
RotK: Minas Tirith, the Black Gate, End of All Things, the Return of the King, the Grey Havens, Into the West