Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Favourite Comedian

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Forsaken Inn > Favourite Comedian   
I've seen threads for Films, Books, Music so I thought Comedian - whos yours?

My favs are Billy Connolly, Lee Evans and Peter Kay. Big Laugh Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie

I think I've read that Aragon_jr is a comedian - is this correct?? Or do I have the wrong PT member
My favourite comedians are Jim Carrey and Bob Smiley. Big Laugh Smilie
My fav comedian is the former Iraqi minister of Information. I believe ABC gave him a show, but i'm not sure.
Dane Cook is a very funny fellow
Personally I like Robin Williams. He's quick witted and can run off on a tangent of total zaniness at the oddest moments. I've also enjoyed the few Benny Hill shows that I've had the chance to see. His use of the double meanings is hysterical, as well as his facial expressions. Along that same vein is John Cleese, a master of the pratfall as well as the quick wit.
Oh boy, not sure if I can narrow it down to just one person. Hmmm, Steve Martin is pretty high up there in my book. Robin Williams, George Carlin, Will Ferrell, Bill Murray, Rodney Dangerfield, Christopher Guest, Michael McKean, Harry Shearer, Chevy Chase, and John Candy are a few more personal favorites that currently come to mind. I’m sure I’m leaving a few out at the moment.
Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I always got a kick out of Gilda Radnor. Sad Smilie
I didn't even think about Robin Williams. Add him to my list too!!! i love him in Flubber!!
Billy Conolly and Billy T James
Right now it's Dave Chepelle hands down! but i must warn you, it's his style is definitly not for the faint of heart!
Jim Carrey all the way up!!! Smile Smilie)))))))))))
Agree with you on that , but I also love Rowan Atkinson, John Cleese, John Candy, Robin Williams, Mike Myers etc...
I have one....the whole cast of Seinfeld!
Kramer is outrageous!
Most of those mentioned I recognise as actors in comedic roles mostly (apart from the Brits). Do those American actors/comedians do 'stand-up' comedy? There are some 'actors' that cannot help but be funny - John Cleese for one.

When I think of comedian I think of Benny Hill, Ronnie Borbett and Ronnie Barker (fork 'andles!) Morcombe and Wise... I grew up laughing at them. Now my favourite (stand-up) comedians are...

Eddie Izzard - a professional transvestite, covered in bees and waving a bananananana
Billy Connelly - great when I can understand what he is saying. Smile Smilie
Bill Bailey - a wizard in a call centre
Ricky Gervais - political animal

That's odd - I have just realised that all my favourite comedians are Male and British. Eeek! I do remember seeing Bill Cosby on TV years and years ago with Diana Ross and it was one of the funniest comedy sketches I have seen. But not as good and the two Ronnies and their four candles, 'o's....
The Monty Python crew were very funny as was Peter Sellers and the other members of the Goon Show. Big Laugh Smilie
True. Most, if not all, were comedians in their own right.
I am not partial to any particular comedian. I just like anything or anyone that's funny and has the wits to get me laughing. So I guess that will include lots of people and since naming them will take quite some typing work, I'll call it quits!
I agree Grondy, all of the Goon Show (except Greenslade!) were awesome comedians. "Enter Bluebottle, pauses for audience applause and strikes heroic pose, but trousers fall down and ruin effect!"
Dane Cook is out of control... I love him.
Monty Python as the ultimate, the Ministry of Funny Walks hilarious

Rowan Atkinson is really funny with blackadder and Mr Bean!!!!!!
Bill Cosby is hilarious… we have a tape of him being Noah, and I laugh every time.
Robin Williams is also awesome.
Two actors that are not exactly stand-up comedians but are always funny are Tony Sheloub and Danny Kaye. Sheloub is in Galaxy Quest and a TV series (Monk) among other things that I can’t remember right now, and Danny Kaye is in… at least White Christmas, The Court Jester, The Inspector General, and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, if anyone out there has seen any of those….
I really like Chevy Chase ( Im not sure if thats the rigth spelling )in HELP ITS X-MAS , Its so funny and it helps me to get in the rigth X-Mas spirit Merry Christmas Smilie
Though I am a big Python and Mel Brooks fan, I must say Jack Black isn't half bad.
Shallow Hall ?Big Laugh Smilie
Monty Python gives me the best laughs in "The Parrot", their movies, John Cleese in his "Fawlty Towers", but what about "Frankenstein jr" and the hilarious "Sherlock Holmes younger brother" Big Laugh Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie Elf With a Big Grin Smilie Big Laugh Smilie
RUSSEL PETERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsss
YEAH
*somebody gonna geta hurt real bad*
RUSSEL PETERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsss
YEAH
*somebody gonna geta hurt real bad*