Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Some of us being "handy"!!!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Forsaken Inn > Some of us being "handy"!!!   
As I've told you in other threads some of my grandchildren play handball!

Among those most eager, able and cunning player are my Mell's daughter Nina!
I've warned you before, but I'm a fan. Yes in Norwegian it it said that I am full of fan!

Tonight they struck it in a tight home-match! And My Nina netted 5 times.
Jumping Flame Smilie Super Wow Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Super Wow Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie
Go KragerÝ!
Just to be sure and declared!!!!!

I am not a handman! I am not a handy person! I have more than 6 carrots (or thumbs) on each hand!!

This thread is about hand-ball!
My two left feet weren't coordinated enough to play handball; though it looked like fun. Jumping Flame Smilie
I guess that some sports are possible to join without being a master, although most of us has a winner-instinct. To me that will be badminton. Jumping Flame Smilie

But I do enjoy watching my grandchildren doing an effort to win the match! Super Wow Smilie Super Wow Smilie Super Wow Smilie
Badmitton and volleyball I could hold my own at, but not in only trunks on the sand. Can you spell 'sandpaper'. Handball was just too fast for me, as was tennis. And though we had soccerballs for kickball at school, no one knew how to play soccer. Now of course kids learn to play it and we have professional teams.

Meanwhile back on the handball court.....
I've never played Handball, looks like a lot of fun though, we in England are probably at the stage Grondy was in when Soccer was never played Orc Smiling Smilie

Handball is illegal in Soccer Orc Grinning Smilie

Would helmets need to be worn in Handball?
It may sound weird, but exactly what is handball? I've heard the name before, but in Texas I've seen it played. Orc Going Huh Smilie If I do find out, i'll probably feel like an idiot because it something with a different name, or I haven't seen it in a while. Ha Ha Ha Smilie
Put never in betwen I've and seen..... sorry I
Quote:
Would helmets need to be worn in Handball?
Nah Loss, it's nothing like soccer when you are allowed to use your head while scoring the goal.
But very often the players conect with their bodies but seldom with their headsSmile Smilie
You use your hands (therefor the name handball ) and throw the ball to another player or you tap the ball on to the floor while running( Like basketball )then you try to score in the goal while the keeper on the other team tries to stop the ball of doing so..There are 7 players on each team.
I'm a bit suprised that you haven't herad of this game thoughSmile Smilie AS Rafael says it's very fun to watch ..I use to play it myself when I was younger- Nowadays two of my girls play
Handball was invented by the Mayans, who added the interesting touch that the losers of a handball game were all decapitated and sacrificed to the gods.

I'm not sure whether this rule is still in place or not.

Bottom-line: if you want to play this game, heads up! You better be good at it...
So....a lot like Netball in the UK ??? Or....not like Netball in the UK???
Quote:
So....a lot like Netball in the UK ??? Or....not like Netball in the UK???

Maybe ..I've never heard of it but it could be the same .with different names.
What are the rules for it ?
Quote:
Handball was invented by the Mayans, who added the interesting touch that the losers of a handball game were all decapitated and sacrificed to the gods.

I'm not sure whether this rule is still in place or not.

I'm very sure Vir Big Laugh Smilie that this rules doesn't belong in the handball played in 2007
We may still be vikings in blood but not in actionsOrc Grinning Smilie
Netball is a variant of volleyball, where one catches the ball instead of volleying. Has nothing to do with handball.

Quote:
Go KragerÝ!

Ever read this comic? => Zygmud en de beren van Kragero
Quote:
Netball is a variant of volleyball, where one catches the ball instead of volleying. Has nothing to do with handball.

Thanks Vir
Quote:
Nope I haven't but it's funny to see the name Kragero (KragerÝ)as Rafael has mentioned before it a very small town on the coast Smile Smilie
Sooo, handball is with 7 players on each team, they throw a ball to other players, they score by getting the ball in the goal, but what kind of field is it played on? Court, grass, something... and what kind of ball do they use? (sorry for all the questions)
Quote:
but what kind of field is it played on? Court, grass, something... and what kind of ball do they use? (sorry for all the questions)

It's a sport that usually is played on a court inside besides summer then some of the cups are played outside .
In Sweden there is a cup for YOUTH that is named Pertille-Cup . It is very famous in Scandinavia, check it out and you'll see what I mean
The ball is much smaller than a football .And the grip of the womens' hand are smaller than men and therefor the ball is even smaller
In KragerÝ our men play in the first league which is very good considering we live in such a little city of Norway
Thanks, that explains a lot. I think I know what ya'll are talking about....
Netball

Quote:
The aim

The aim of the game is to get the ball from the circle in the centre of the court into your team's goal by passing it from player to player.

Each goal scores the team one point. The ball returns to the centre circle after every goal where the Centre players take it in turns to throw off.

The rules

Players cannot run with the ball. Instead they must make their moves off the ball, and keep their landing foot still when they receive the ball.

When defending the ball, players must stay three feet from the landing foot of the person holding the ball.

Netball is a non-contact sport - if you run into your opponent, you will be penalised by being asked to stand out of play for a penalty pass (or shot, if you are in the circle and are one of the nominated shooters).

Quote:
Aim of the game
Netball is played by two teams and the aim of the game is simply to score more goals than the other side.
You score by shooting the ball through the opposing team's net.

Sounds easy? Well the net hangs off a metal post ten feet (3.05m) high!

Teams
There are seven players in a team and they each have their own position.

Each player is only allowed to move in a certain area of the court.

This means team-work and strong passing skills are very important.

There's extra help on the sidelines too as each team are allowed five more players who can come on as substitutes.
Quote:
Not that one but we had one called "Red Ryder" about a cowboy by that name and his young American-Indian side-kick named Little Beaver. The Red Ryder BB-gun of 1938 was named after him; they are still available in the States.

Meanwhile back on the handball court.....

The handball I was thinking of was played indoors with two of four players where the ball was banked off the floor, ceiling, and front wall trying to get it behind your opponent(s) who had to hit it before in dribbled away; a very fast paced game and the players wore gloves to prevent bruising, because you couldn't catch the ball you had to slap it back towards the front wall. (I think that is what I was seeing, of course it probably has another name in other necks of the woods.)
I believe I'm enlighting some of you by telling that there's a European Championship in Handball for Men going on.
But how can this be?! Real men play only rugby!
Very true, but to be more direct... Rugby Union Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Quote:
Real men play only rugby!
-

I've been told that those men enjoys getting their injuries in rugby, if they ain't wise enough to be involved in traffic accidents! But now I learn that they are also playing! What are they playing? Mad Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Mad Smilie