Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: How do you want to live?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Forsaken Inn > How do you want to live?   
I have recently visited an extremely interesting (by my opinion) threat, labeled "How do you want to die?". You have probably seen and maybe even replied there. I spent few hours reading and trying to understand some of the posts. It was like: "A dream of how I die".
And since I believe death is a frontier in life- I thought why not to share: How do you plan to go there? What is one obliged to do in order to "live well"?
I'd like to live, but I simply don't have time for it.
I believe in order for one to live well, one should have sufficient food, shelter, health care, and a bit of money and the freedom to pursue happiness. But then I have been brainwashed. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Now as far as how to live in this life order that your afterlife might not be deemed unwell; well that might be a topic of religion and probably shouldn't be discussed here. Though many would say we should feed the poor, shelter the homeless, provide care of widows and orphans, comfort the traveler, and be merciful: like don't do to others what you wouldn't like done to yourself.
Quote:
"...don't do to others what you wouldn't like done to yourself." [by Grondmaster]

There is a book, called "100 ways to make your self and your life miserable". One of the ways is to choose goal in life, that can not be accomplished.
I wish to make others happy or at least not to make them unhappy (if there is such a word). Generally I have a dream to make the world better. But since "better" is a relative characteristic and depends on what you compare with, someday (at the end of my days) I will probably find that the fact of me living on this earth made the world better someway.
In order to live well, these truths are self-evident: that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.