Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: OK FOLKS. SAPPY SONGS THAT WE WISHED WERE NEVER WRITTEN

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Golden Perch > OK FOLKS. SAPPY SONGS THAT WE WISHED WERE NEVER WRITTEN   << [1] [2] [3] >>
Quote:
And we may have to agree to disagree here Aule.

Hehehe yup...I do not like your music and you do not like my music! Now we live in peace and harmony....but you gotta love Meat Loaf! He rocks!
And about Elvis...yeah he is great...

These are just a fraction of the music I listen to: Iron Maiden, Sonata Arctica, Scorpions, Twisted Sisters, Meat Loaf, Metallica, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Tenacious D, Queen, Toto and the soundtracks from The Lord of the Rings movies! Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie

I am the king of inventions Bad King Smilie
Quote:

These are just a fraction of the music I listen to: Iron Maiden, Sonata Arctica, Scorpions, Twisted Sisters, Meat Loaf, Metallica, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Tenacious D, Queen, Toto and the soundtracks from The Lord of the Rings movies!

Okay then, I love Maiden, never heard of SA (will look for them on Kazaa) Scorpions I hate, Twisted Sister were fantastic, Meat Loaf gets a bit up himself for my liking, Metallica (first four albums were great I love them, then they recorded the Black Album, sold out and sucked) Lynyrd Skynyrd were my favourite band in the whole world for years, I have all their albums on Vinyl and still love them, Tenacious D I also love, I used to love Queen, but then realised all their singles sucked, but their album tracks are great ('39, Brighton Rock, It's late etc. etc.) I'm very fond of Toto (but I usually don't admit it in public okay?) and the Lotr soundtracks were disappointing.

See we don't disagree on everything.
LYNYRD SKYNYRD LYNYRD SKYNYRD LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!

sorry, just had to voice my agreement there Big Smile Smilie
Most people when they first glance at me think that I'd listen to Marilyn Manson, Mudvane or Kittie and stuff like that...
Truth is, I hate all that heavy metal and rock sh*t. Marilyn Monroe is more like it!
I have all of Elvis, Aerosmith, Radio Disney, Irish Rovers, and KC and the Sunshine band's albums ever made. I like happy, upbeat music, as long as it isn't slow and can put me to sleep like Celine Dion or Enrique Iglesias (either that or shatter windows Tongue Smilie )
I especially love that Harlem music, like Charles Mingus, John Coltrane, Duke Ellington, Leslie Young, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Jimmy Reed, Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf. Awesome.
But Elvis is still top on my list! Big Smile Smilie Cool Smilie Big Smile Smilie
Good stuff Andrea, especially on the Coltrane (don't meet a lot of Coltrane fans) and KC and the Sunshine Band, what of Kool and the Gang hey?

But as this is about stuff we hate, I'm going to continue on my Avril lavigne rant, what's with those lyrics? Is the skatey guy also a butcher? I mean, Salami on his guitar? What does that mean???? And what's with the terrible spelling in music these days, I mean....
First of all, the spelling`s slang. Her music is good, well from the 3 songs I`ve heard, it`s brill! The lyrics are good and I know nearly all of the words.

I don`t like Coltrane!! Mad Smilie Sunshine band!! Big Laugh Smilie Not a fan of them either, nothing wrong with anyone being a fan of someone I don`t like though.

Okay, I absolutely love Justin Timberlake`s music at the moment. 'Cry me a river' is great!! Big Smile Smilie

Who`s up for Ja Rule and Eminem? I definately am. Big Laugh Smilie I like the '8 mile road' film, that was quite good.

Oh, and about Elvis I love his music too.

[Edited on 29/3/2003 by Sheryl]
I just found out it`s slammin on his guitar. you dummy. Big Laugh Smilie
I totally agree, I HATE J-Lo. If I have to hear her name one more time I might puke. Movies, music, clothes, everything, she's everywhere!!!
I don't Avril that much though, if she's so punk, why are most of her songs sappy and about guys? I don't like her.
Ok here's the real lyris to sk8er boi (I hate that spelling)

He was a pimp
She was a hooker
Can i make it any more obvious
He was a street punk
She did bedroom ballet
What more can i say
He wanted her
She'd never tell secretly she wanted him as well
But all of her friends
Stuck up their nose
They had a problem with his afgan coat
ur all rotten u r! Big Laugh Smilie I like Avril and okay, maybe the lyrics were funny, but I still like her music and her lyrics.

J-Lo`s okay. She`s not to bad. "I`m still, I`m stil Jenny from the block............." Just thought like winding you up, Ross the most though!! Big Laugh Smilie

Well c ya l8tr xx

PS " He was a skatr boi, she said c you l8tr boi, he wasn`t good enough for her,........................" Big Laugh Smilie
Good one Ross, I think it's terrible that record companies are encouraging bad spelling and Grammar, back in my day we had Slade and they had wonderful Grammar.....

And it IS Salami.
I checked a number of lyrics and it`s slammin!! Na-na-na-na-na Smilie
But the word slamming has only two syllables, and yet she has pronounced it with 3, leading me to believe that the only word to fit properly into the gap and thus scan properly, is SALAMI!

(am i winding you up yet?)
That`s nice! My mate dresses like her! Big Laugh Smilie

Plastic, you`re close to getting a thump yes! Big Laugh Smilie (j/k)
Does your mate have an army of children? Big Laugh Smilie
She`s only 11 and she can`t even have children yet thank you!! Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
Anyone else hate Enrique Iglesias as much as my dog does?

If my dog was as ugly as he is, and bad a barker as he is a singer, I'd shave her butt and teach her to walk backwards!
oh some one fast take Avril and shoot her!!!her music is dum!
Enrique Iglesias(thats hard to spell)has like only had a few good songs, and even then I can't stand him.Hes also such a womans man, Mad Smilie cant stand that type.
Quote:
" He was a skatr boi, she said c you l8tr boi, he wasn`t good enough for her,........................"

I That song gives me such a headache!
Quote:
" He was a skatr boi, she said c you l8tr boi, he wasn`t good enough for her,........................"

Me too LadyFeawen! Gr she annoys me! Someone needs to gag her because I just can't stand her music! Exploding Head Smilie
Does anyone know of Shania Twain? My sister likes her, I can't bear her! She is not very much of a singer, her songs are more screaming stupid words IMHO. Wink Smilie

Quote:

I don't Avril that much though, if she's so punk, why are most of her songs sappy and about guys? I don't like her.

I don't like Avril either and I've often wondered this myself Andrea.
Celine Dion is okay, I like some of her 'sappy' songs,but now shes getting so poppy and into her looks that good music is not her priority.Also looks like good typing is not a priority anymore Big Laugh Smilie .
Lady-F~
Has anyone noticed that most songs out there stink now??? I go through six diffirent stations on my radio before I can find anything good!

The #1 rotten song out there (sorry Sheryl) is Justin Timberlake's "Rock Your Body". I HATE that song, it makes me want to eat nails!
Justin Timberlake's 'music' is just not my fortay.
Either is Britney Spears.W

Quote:
The #1 rotten song out there (sorry Sheryl) is Justin Timberlake's "Rock Your Body". I HATE that song, it makes me want to eat nails!

hehe, me too.I could write better songs then that.Course im sure a'll of us can.
~LadyF

[Edited on 21/7/2003 by LadyFeawen]
Quote:

I don't think rap will be around in the next 10-20 years,its no good,and I wish it was banned from the face of the earth Big Laugh Smilie .

erm... Lady F? It's already been around for a good 20 years, and isn't going anywhere soon, people said that about Rock and Roll too, and that's still around isn't it? Go get some old De La Soul, Run DMC and Furious Five albums, you WILL change your mind.
I love De La Soul Plastic!

Anyay, I like some rap, I gotta, I live in the suburbs of Detroit! Big Laugh Smilie

[Editat el 30/6/2003 per Andrea]
Quote:
erm... Lady F? It's already been around for a good 20 years, and isn't going anywhere soon, people said that about Rock and Roll too, and that's still around isn't it? Go get some old De La Soul, Run DMC and Furious Five albums, you WILL change your mind

Plastic ,I know its been around for a while now and some Rap is o.k,but the one big thing that bothers me the most is that they cuss every-other word and are yelling vulgar things that it just starts to sound the same after a while. I'll try there music out PlasticSquirrel if you say there good Wink Smilie Big Smile Smilie
*LadyFeawen
Also try Grandmaster Flash & the Sugar Hill Gang, Arrested Development and the Beastie Boys!
Quote:
The Beastie Boys!!!! The video for Sabotage is quite humorous!!!

Lol Ringy!
eew I hate Celion Dion's 'Have you ever been in love', Celion's music is way too sappy.

Sabotage is the best music video ever! Followed by Intergalatic, also by the beastie's.
How about;

Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?
Yes! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey

I'll post the link in the Ear Wormsthread to the words and tune.
Here's one for the never to be written list; Sinead O'Connor, nothing compairs. I'm sorry love but Kojak compairs to you!
Here's my input.
Number 5: Warm Wet Circles by Marillion. Don't ask me why, I just don't like it.
Number 4: My Heart Will Go On, but only if this song is erraticated.
Number 3: First I Lobster and Then I Flounder: Yes this IS a song. It was a love song parody that should be shot and beaten to death...if you can do that to a song....
Number 2: Love Hurt By Nazareth
and last and most definately least
Number One: Unforgettable by I think it's Nate King Cole and Natalie Cole, but I could be wrong. Anyway...FAre well whereever you may fare!
Mariesthrill
Quote:
How about;

Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
Yes! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey

That tune is direct from the pit of you-know-where!! Big Laugh Smilie

Oh, and nice to meet ya Mariesthrill!!!
Hi yall!~

Havent been on for awhile, good to see that things are just the way I left em....crazy and opinionated.

I'll throw my 3 cents in.

Penny One. I love Arrested Dev. love it love it love it. The only rap I ever heard that was "keepin it real" without making me want to kill myself...they are happy and hopeful which is just what we need these days.

Penny Two. I like Shania Twain. She's NOT a bimbo, she didn't get where she is by boinking her way up, she worked really hard...and supported her family after her parents both died. And if you don't like her music, that's fine, I don't like a lot of it either but if you think it's cr*p, well...at least you know it's HER cr*p. She writes it herself and I can respect that. She is soooooo much more authentic than Faith Hill...if you are comparing country divas.

Penny Three. Who thinks Avril looks like a street hooker version of Jennifer Aniston? Jen's bratty little sister?

ahhahahahaha... Big Laugh Smilie
Quote:
I am now really starting to get annoyed with Miss Independant sung by Kelly Clarkson. All she does is yell in most of that song. She, and all her tunes are grating on my nerves.

So true so true!! Sick of that song I am!

"Miss independent...miss unafrrrraaaaaaiiiiiiddddd"

*shudders* Time for that to go!
No kidding Stonehelm! The first and second time you hear it its okay,but every time afterwards your head feels as if its going to explode. Rolling Eyes Smilie
Anything by No Doubt is horrible('cept like one song),like Hey Baby Exploding Head Smilie
I'm gettin' tired of the Michell Branch song "Are You Happy Now" one radio station plays that song about 5 times a day!
"When ever you need me,i'll be there,i'll be around..."
Rolling Eyes Smilie Exploding Head Smilie Boring Smilie Shaking Head Smilie
Oh I hate that song so much!!!
My new worst song is Maroon 5 with their breathing song (dunno the name)

"Is there anyone out there 'cause its gettin' harder and harder to breath."

Very rotten!!

Lol Stonehelm,it's not that bad!!!
I say Celine Dion-'Have you ever Been in-love' is one of the worst songs on the radio today. Tongue Smilie
One song I really could live without is "When you wish upom a star" with Benjamin Cricket! Ive hated that song as long as I can remember! What makes it worse is that they keep on playing it every christmas.
Maybe you should wish it away! Big Smile Smilie
lol Stonehelm, the only problem is that Ive tried that for all these years too...it just didnt work. Sad Smilie
If you want to hear some really rotten music just turn on your radio to any station. It is getting harder and harder to find something good to listen to.

All the new music just stinks!!! Mad Smilie
It's not that all new music is bad, just all new popular music.
Thats why folks,you download the music you like off the internet,which now we cant do without getting in trouble.....
Oh I don't hate ONE song I hate many, and they usually are from Rap artists, which I generally don't like so much... Smoke Smilie
New music does not necessarily mean bad music! Of course, there are a lot of failures out there interpreted as 'quality' music (he, right!), yet we shouldn't generalise!

Namarie!
Quote:
there are a lot of failures out there interpreted as 'quality' music

Boy do you have that right bugy!!!
  << [1] [2] [3] >>