Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Sheryl have you read the books yet???

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Golden Perch > Sheryl have you read the books yet???   << [1] [2] [3] >>
one moment I`ll check...*Sheryl checks*...sorry hun! I`ve left the precious in school! Sad Smilie Very Sad Smilie
Hey I canīt help it....I am at the chapter of The King of the Golden Hall or something....but I just canīt be here during the summer so much because I have a lousy computer that is to slow for this website......

I am sorry Sheryl for stressing you....I didnīt mean to do that....
I am sorry Sad Smilie
Maybe Sheryl, unlike the rest of us, actually has a life besides Tolkien! Wink Smilie And the books should not be rushed through, take the time you need to read and enjoy them. This is no competition you know! Smile Smilie
I know....it was not that what I meant AmariŽ.....I meant that I am sorry that I am such a speedy reader that she cannot keep up.....we were supposed to read together...I dedicated this thread to give her support through the booksBig Smile Smilie

If there was something she didnīt understand she could only ask....
Quote:
Maybe Sheryl, unlike the rest of us, actually has a life besides Tolkien!
What on Earth are you talking about AmariŽ? A life besides Tolkien?! That's the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard. Tongue Smilie
What is this life, I hear you talking about?
That`s ok Aule, I may be a very good reader but I haven`t got very much time these days to read, I`m lucky to even get 1 chapter done. Sad Smilie Very Sad Smilie
Ok....but I donīt understand you AmariŽ.....there is no life beyond Tolkien.....beyond Tolkien is just The Void!!
My family keeps trying to bring me back to the world beyond Tolkien.
Don't let them do it Mellie! They're evil, EVIL I SAY!!! Wary Smilie
Run Mellie!!!
They are trying to take you to The Void!!! Wink Smilie
I stand corrected.
Sheryl, I'm so sorry I accused you of having a life outside Tolkien. There is of course no such thing. Once touched by Tolkien, ME is in your heart and will never leave you, for true belivers the Void is no longer a threat. We can spend time there to greet out loved ones still trapped in the fake world outside Tolkien, and try to show them the right path. We have seen the Real World and the matrix.. err the Void has no longer a hold of us! We are freeeee!!!

So don't worry Mellie. Spend time with your family. You know the way back to us. Step into the darknes for in truth you carry the Light in your heart and Elbereths stars will gide the way. Halleluja!
STOP GETTING ON SHERYL ON NOT READING THE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND I'LL STOP YELLING!!!!
Why make a whole forum on nagging Sheryl to read LoTRs?! She should enjoy it,and if she doesnt then what would be the point of spending time on something she does not want to do or is to busy for at the moment,she has a life outside of Tolkien!
BTW, I read LoTRs when I was 10 years old Tongue Smilie
I am going to read them again though....
Defending Sheryl, ~LadyFeawen~
Quote:
STOP GETTING ON SHERYL ON NOT READING THE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND I'LL STOP YELLING!!!!
Why make a whole forum on nagging Sheryl to read LoTRs?! She should enjoy it,and if she doesnt then what would be the point of spending time on something she does not want to do or is to busy for at the moment,she has a life outside of Tolkien!
Sheryl, have you read the book yet?
Ty Feawen!

Ross, I`m reading them, but I haven`t finished. God Aule is a fast reader!
Quote:

Agents of Morgoth they are!! Maybe a kind of sub-orc!
Quote:
Quote:

Agents of Morgoth they are!! Maybe a kind of sub-orc!
Naw, Dragon-reach and FrogBoy are nice people too. ( I think I spelled their names wrong though.) Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Mellie just corrected Grondy's spelling of my family's nicknames.

[Edited on 6/26/2003 by MelliotSandybanks]
Nice avatar Ross.....And Lady_Feawen.....I made this topic as a joke....she and I were supposed to read together and update each other.....but I have changed my mind.....since I am ahead of her by quite a lot....I will dedicate this thread to the questions of Sheryl.....so that if there is something she doesnīt understand I and all of you others can help her.....oh and by the way....

Sheryl, have you read the books yet?????

Hehehhe just for old times sakeTongue Smilie

This was my last post in PT for a while so I wish you all a great summer.....love all of my fellow PT companions....

And Ross....once again GREAT AVATARTongue Smilie

ehehehhe

NamariŽ yīall
NamariŽ PT
Sad Smilie Very Sad Smilie
sry Aule. Haven`t had time to read them. I`m trying to, but I haven`t got enough time, I`m trying to read some of it in school as well... Smile Smilie
No, my family is not evil, just lost, and don't understand how easy it is to get taken away by the world of Middle Earth.
Quote:
So don't worry Mellie. Spend time with your family. You know the way back to us. Step into the darknes for in truth you carry the Light in your heart and Elbereths stars will gide the way. Halleluja!

Yes you are correct Amarie. I do know my way back here, and really miss it when I can't be here.
Quote:
I`m trying to read some of it in school as well

Hiding it behind the ole history book trick Sheryl??? Big Laugh Smilie
Sheryl, we could read the books together, I can keep a slow pace and all. Just tell me where your at and all start there,k?
And we can get together on PT chat and talk about it,and I can scold u for not reading enough Wink Smilie

Just tell me how much u want to read a week.
Then that way we can keep eachother going and all,kkk?
How far are you now Sheryl?
sorry every1, im in the middle of rehersing a show that`s going on, not this week, but next week. sry! I really am. Very Sad Smilie
What about now?
nope, still haven`t got anywhere, I`ve given up I`m afraid, I`ve got too much homework to do this summer, I`m moving up a school, so I`ve got more to do...

Very Sad Smilie
Thats okay,Sheryl. Will forgive ya Wink Smilie
Just whenever you are done being busy for a bit tell me and we can begin.
-ladyf
ok, thanx sis! I will, u can bet on it.
Have you read the books yet Sheryl???
Big Laugh Smilie

P.S. I am not officially back here at PT....this was because I was at my peers house and got to lend his computer!
See yall at the 24 or 25 of August!Wink Smilie
sry Aule, as I said, I haven`t got the time... Very Sad Smilie I`ll start reading them again when I go back 2 school, I think...
Hang on a mo, since when have our lazy arse british teachers started giving out homework at summer holidays. They can't be bothered to mark them when they're at work, why bother making work for them selves, so that they're almost doing as much work as a unemployed person. (Sorry but I'm sick of teachers complaining, my antie and some of my friends are teachers, all they do is complain that they only get £22,000.00 plus 12 week holiday and how their work is hard. Rubbish, the average wage is £14,000.00 and four weeks holidays.)
I agree with you Ross, I mean, wot`s the point of homework, the only homework I think we should be given is rivision for tests. I mean, we get given homework most of the time when we`re doing tests as well as having to do revision! Mad Smilie ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

If any1 here is a teacher, I have noting against you coz ur not the one that has a say in whether we get homework or not or anything like that... Smile Smilie So plz don`t take it the wrong way.

I`m not going to far into this coz it`ll become political. K, so we`ll leave at that. Smile Smilie
A little homework per school night is good as long as the teachers coordinate that they keep it down to about one hour total per night and never more than two hours worth. Friday's assignments should be short that the students can get some sleep Sunday night instead of staying up late finishing their homework which never gets started until then, speaking from experience. Teacher Smilie

While I have the soapbox: The best math/arithmatic home work is about ten problems, where three cover new material, and the rest are review problems from the earlier chapters all the way to the front of the book. After keeping up with this homework, all exams are a cinch, as none of the material becomes stale.

Miss Celia Klotz (her real name) may have been a grey haired, dumpy, old maid, but this was her method and by golly if you did her home work you got through her class. Of course 40 % of your grade was based on your homework, 40 % on weekly quizes, and 10 % each on the midterm and final exams. And those quizes and exams each covered all the material we had covered up to that date.

I had 2nd Semester Trigonometry and First Semester Calculus from her and wanted to take Second Semester Calculus from her, but she didn't teach that one so I had to learn it from another professor who wasn't as good, but by then I had pretty good study habits so I pulled through.

This rant is over; so enjoy the rest of your Summer vacation and forget about school.
I have loads of homework coz I`m one of the brightest kids in the year, we got loads of algebra! YUCK! I hate algebra, I can do it though, it`s quite easy, well sum of it is.

I once got to read the silm instead of watching a film version of Romeo and Juliet. My teacher was into Tolkien and was pleased I was reading his greatest work. Then she quizzed me on his works at the back of the classroom, whilst everyone else had to watch a rather dull and boring film. Haha, the geek will always out.
Sheryl, im starting school again and I tell you that im busy as well.But I still have time to read!
But Sheryl,when can wee start?*puppy eyes*
Well, I have been back at school for 4days now....and weīve already got alot of homework....and the tests are coming in a month or so.....but the books I have are REALLY thick....maybe you know how thick those books are Grond..itīs about reciprocating engines sofar....we havenīt come to turbine enginesTongue Smilie

But I like getting alot of homework since it gives me something to kill time with here at this boring placeTongue Smilie
I do have time to read yes, I mean, I`ve been through 6 books in the last week, but I think I`ll attempt LOTR when I`m a little older...I`m into the teen boks at the moment.

Feawen, u can start reading them, we don`t have to read them together. Ok? Don`t let me hold u back from reading them.
Wise decision Sheryl....wait until you are older to read a heavy book as LoTR(not implying that you cannot read magnificient books like LoTR at that age)

Just keep up schoolwork and become cunning in alot of areas Smoke Smilie

Ta-ta!
Quote:
Feawen, u can start reading them, we don`t have to read them together. Ok? Don`t let me hold u back from reading them.

LOL,Shery, I have already read them!!!
Well,don't read if you don't want.I suppose I should be focusing more on my school too,or 'teen books' Wink Smilie
*sacastic* HA HA HA!

Be careful lil` girl!
I am re-reading The Silmarillion for the fifth time now.....but in ENGLISH Jumping Flame SmilieJumping Flame SmilieJumping Flame Smilie
Jumping Flame SmilieJumping Flame SmilieJumping Flame SmilieJumping Flame Smilie
WOW,Aule that's alot! I am reading it now,it has so many characters in it that I have to keep looking back to keep up with there history. Big Smile Smilie
If you didn't read it in english the first 4 times,then in what language? Smile Smilie
but in swedish of course Jumping Flame Smilie
who here has read The diary of Anne Frank?
Almost one months later and still no response, I guess nobody read the book Sheryl. But I heard it was pretty goo though!!! Cool Smilie
Sorry Sheryl,I forgot to reply! Yes,I've read The Diary of Anne Frank,about 4 times actually.What do you think of it?
Well, i haven`t yet finishedit, i`m up 2 the part where she`s fallen in luv wiv the Peter that she lives wiv. It`s a good book, makes u realise how irratin it must have been sharing part of a warehouse...but then again, they were more lucky than some other Jews...I`ll probably finish it soon, i`ve got just less than 100 pages to go. Smile Smilie
Sheryl, have you read the books yet?!?!?!
Heh, well looks like Sheryl is reading the books alright, but only not LOTR.
  << [1] [2] [3] >>