Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Happy!!! Happy!! REALLY HAPPY!!!!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Golden Perch > Happy!!! Happy!! REALLY HAPPY!!!!   << [1] [2]
Thank you everyone. I was very proud of him. This year is a bit rough for he and I. We have had such an easy going schedule for the last 2 years while homeschooling. I mean, he could sleep until 10am and did not go to bed until 11pm. Now, he has to get up at 7:30 am and when he gets home, he is exhausted and does not want to do his school work. If he has to write anything out it takes 3-4 times longer than it should. He will do anything to keep from writing things down. I wish I could say that was a new problem but that is one of the things that we were struggling with while homeschooling. It is also one of the main reasons I put him in a public school. To show him, that I was not being hard on him.
Quote:
Thank you everyone. I was very proud of him. This year is a bit rough for he and I. We have had such an easy going schedule for the last 2 years while homeschooling. I mean, he could sleep until 10am and did not go to bed until 11pm. Now, he has to get up at 7:30 am and when he gets home, he is exhausted and does not want to do his school work. If he has to write anything out it takes 3-4 times longer than it should. He will do anything to keep from writing things down. I wish I could say that was a new problem but that is one of the things that we were struggling with while homeschooling. It is also one of the main reasons I put him in a public school. To show him, that I was not being hard on him.
Too bad. I'm sure he'll adjust soon enough.
Eh...sorry this is abit late...um...

My friend went to a comic convention because I was unable to attend. Sad Smilie But I drew a pic of the beautiful DAWN, and my friend showed Ray Park! He thought it was cool and I got his autograph! SCORE! Now if only I can go in person.......

Way to go! Sala is also a stuntman, plus a Urak-Hai, if I'm correct? *looks around* That would be so awesome to have is autograph Big Smile Smilie
I've been homeschooled all my life and I am in my senior year now.(Yes! Stoney made it this far!!) There are some subjects (algebra) that are/were hard for me but I am doing well on most everyting. So I am happy about that!

Quote:
I've been homeschooled all my life and I am in my senior year now.(Yes! Stoney made it this far!!) There are some subjects (algebra) that are/were hard for me but I am doing well on most everyting. So I am happy about that!

I hate algebra! I took it last year and it was my last period of the day, so that made it a little easier. But now I have geometry first period, and I'm still tired at 7:40 when class starts, and I get all flusterated and mad, and then I'm grumpy for the rest of the day! Mad Smilie
But like Mellie and Stoney, I'm sure it'll all work out just fine, and I'll get the hang of it soon! Wink Smilie

Quote:
I hope he is learning problem solving methods and not just rote memory to go along with his good study habits. Memorizing facts can only carry one so far, but being able to apply those facts in many different venues will hold one in good stead for a lifetime.
No Grondy I think you Americans actually have a good education system, it's us Brit's who have a system that is based on memorisation. I saw an excellent program on channel4 the other day. Modern day GCSE pupils went to a 50's school and did a test with long division and multiplication in it. Out of 50 only 7 passed and only one got full marks. They thought it was a GCSE paper, it was the 11+. They claimed that they didn't get taught long division/multiplication. I only left high school 5 years ago and primary school 10 years ago, but in both of these schools we were taught the methods of mathematics, we also weren't allowed to use calculators until the last year of primary school. So it just leaves one question, what the Utumo has happened to the old curriculum? Teacher Smilie
This still doesn't change the fact that I can't spell Dunce Smilie

I remeber when I passed all my GCSE's all I got from my dad was, "You see, if you actually revised and did your course work, you could have got all A's!" My answer to him "B*gg*r off!" maybe that explains why he tried to allow the teachers to hit me!

Alot of americans that I have met here in Sweden say that we have better schooling then in the US......I donīt know what ages they meant but....I donīt know if it is true....oh welllTongue Smilie
Quote:
Alot of americans that I have met here in Sweden say that we have better schooling then in the US......I donīt know what ages they meant but....I donīt know if it is true....oh welllTongue Smilie

I don't know about that Aulë, perhaps the reason to us having different schooling systems is because every country chooses the schooling system that fits the best in to their society. This is probably also why the schooling system in Sweden is different depending on where in Sweden you are.
No there was a survey where Sweden had the best education system in the world because the teachers don't have a rediculus sylabus!
Well Aire I see what you mean....but that is not so extreme....itīs more like Skåne has one and Norrland has one(Norrland includes everything not Skåne Tongue Smilie ) Just to tease AireWink Smilie hehehehe

Quote:
No there was a survey where Sweden had the best education system in the world because the teachers don't have a rediculus sylabus!

Whatīs a sylabus, Ross????
A list of what you have to teach and for how long.
Oh okey.........well...my last swedish teacher was an afghanistanian who couldnīt speak or spell in swedish correctly....and she was too be our teacher?!?! This is something that makes our school system lousy.....every school system has itīs ups and downs!
I had a Pakistani teacher for Differential Equations who was also difficult to understand. We shouldn't hold that against these individuals though, because it is really the powers-that-be's fault, not those who were hired to do the job. Besides, I imagine we sound just as strange to them, and if we really want to learn, we will compansate by retuning our ears.

I was happy to make it through that course with only a C.
Thats nothing, some of our teachers were from Bury!
If you wanna hear something sad about a language barrier. It is really sad when two Americans from different parts of the country (Boston, Mass. and Dallas Texas) can't understand each other and need someone else to translate for them and if left alone, then have to speak German to have a conversation. That is really, really bad.
Granted this happened before I met my hubby and I was taking an ex-boyfriend to the airport and his best bud went along. Art had to tell me everything his friend said and vise versa. Then on the way back home, we were stuck in the car for 3 hours together, and had to speak nothing but German.

Quote:
If you wanna hear something sad about a language barrier. It is really sad when two Americans from different parts of the country (Boston, Mass. and Dallas Texas) can't understand each other and need someone else to translate for them and if left alone, then have to speak German to have a conversation. That is really, really bad.
Granted this happened before I met my hubby and I was taking an ex-boyfriend to the airport and his best bud went along. Art had to tell me everything his friend said and vise versa. Then on the way back home, we were stuck in the car for 3 hours together, and had to speak nothing but German.

Lol Mellie! It's sad but true! We Yankees talk to fast and tend to slur, and you Southerners tend to drawl out your words. Plus we have different terms and slang, so it makes it more difficult!
When I went to Mexico, I wanted to ask this guy something, like where the bathroom was or something, and I don't speak Spanish, so after a few minutes of trying to break the language barrier, I ended up speaking a little French, a little English and a few Spanish words here and there... Lol, kinda funny...
I know a couple of lads who have lived all their lives in a village just eight miles from my own town. Their dialect is so yokel I struggle to understand them half the time. I find it easier talking to my assistant, and she's German.
Yet again the UK has slipped down the teaching position in the 30 richest countries. We are now 23rd down ten places from ten years ago!
Aha Ross, and which position does Sweden have on that list?

People think Sweden is such a rich country with such good assets and business. The truth is: we are not. We have slipped down since the eighties and watched many of our fellow European countries grow past us.

Ah well, turning into politics, I better shut it here. Cool Smilie
Hey Aire....we have another swede at PT.....hehehe.....we are just flooding inTongue Smilie
anyway....Sweden has good assets Aire....but not GREAT....you know? Besides(hoping Iīm not being consider speaking politic here because I donīt think I am) the other countries evolve differently since they are different people with different culture and stuff....Cheers all!
It's not to do with cultures how groups of people evolve, it's to do with gene pools. Cultures are a influence on peoples behaviour, which is why if you add a new ethnic diversity it will rub of on the other culture and vice a versa.
ok Ross, and in common english that would mean what? Tongue Smilie
I think he means you would learn about hagis and black-eyed peas and curry and such, which you won't get if no one new moves into the neighborhood.
Hahahhaa...I just noticed that I have created another thread quite similar to this one before.....Really Jolly is the name of itTongue Smilie hehehehe....never noticed that until nowBig Smile Smilie
Quote:
I think he means you would learn about hagis and black-eyed peas and curry and such, which you won't get if no one new moves into the neighborhood.
Yep, got it in one.
I just got 93% correct in my test about reciprocating flight enginesBig Smile Smilie

but my friend got 100%Sad Smilie

He is going to bug me for life like he did about the english classTongue Smilie

It was like this that I already knew that I was gonna get an A+ in english but she told him that he got an A+ 22minutes before she told me that I got one......so now everytime we have english he says: 22minutesWink Smilie
hahhahaha itīs freaking annoyingTongue Smilie
Just wait, you'll get him one of these days!
Hahhaha I hope so....thanks for the confidence in me my dear nemesisWink Smilie
Quote:
I just got 93% correct in my test about reciprocating flight engines
Well done, Aule Thumbs Up Smilie
Very good Aule Big Smile Smilie Talking about tests I just happend to get all correct on my Science test which had 32 questions in it.
Because you don't help yourself enough. Wink Smilie

well i'm happy i haven't completely destroyed my diskdrive yesterday night. yeay.
Hot Dang! Virumor, that is something to be thankful for. Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie

[Edited on 13/10/2003 by Grondmaster]
Quote:
Why do all my friends whom i help in tests get higher grades then me?

Depends on what you mean....I mean like I once(and never again because I felt terrible after doing that) helped my friend cheat on a physics test by giving him the right answers and in return I forgot most of them when I was trying to do the test....and as a result he got 100% and I got 80%.....now ainīt that a pickleTongue Smilie maybe Eru slapping you in the face for doing something like thatTongue Smilie
Quote:
and as a result he got 100% and I got 80%.....

lol My story is like this one but I got 30 % and he got about 50% Sad Smilie . But that was last year, a new year now and better grades if you want to know... Wink Smilie

[Edité le 24/11/2003 par Florian]
  << [1] [2]