Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Agh, the pain!!!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Golden Perch > Agh, the pain!!!   [1] [2] >>
I was just walking down the stairs, not looking where I was going when I accidentally kicked the cupboard at the bottom of the stairs. Now every step I take is immensely painful.
Sorry to hear that Pere, wot toe did u frcture? I bet it was the big one, that`s usually the worst one to do, or the little one.

My mum keeps knocking her little toe into things and it comes out of it`s socket, it`s gross!

Hope it heals soon Pere. *hugs*

~Sheryl~
TY Sheryl. Yes, it is the big one. Any of the others wouldn't have been half as bad. Just my luck.
Ouches Pere, I know your pain, I broke all the toes on my left foot because I dropped a filing cabinet on them. Elf Rolling Eyes Smilie Stupid me.
Hope it gets better soon Pere! By the way, can you walk straight? You'd think you'd be falling all over since that's the toe that supports the rest.
I managed to cut one of my big toes on holiday last week playing football on the beach with the kids. Knowing there were sharp rocks buried in the sand I'd kept my trainers on, but the kids hastled me into taking them off. I protested until they started filling them with sand anyway, and five minutes later I wished I stuck by my guns.

Kids!!! Who'd have 'em?
I had bear claw pedals on my first ten speed bike (bear claw pedals have little things that poke up, you have to wear shoes) AAAAAAAAAAAAAND I didn't like the fancy schmancy hand brakes, I was just used to reverse pedaling to stop. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL, I got going down a hill, and I was going too fast...and I tried to spin backwards to stop but it didn't work and I hated to think about those dam*ed hand brakes so I figured I would just put my foot down.

The pedal went through my heel.

SOOOOOOOOOO now, everytime I watch the movie Pet Sematary, I get a jolt of VERY real pain when the little boy slices Herman Munsters foot with a scalpel from under the bed.
<-------------Needlephobe. Anything that ever involves a sharp pointy object going in my skin gives me the heebie jeebies.......causes me about two weeks mental anguish before, and two weeks muscle ache after. I can't relax enough to let the needles go in the way they are supposed to! (they always say, just relax it hurts more if you don't relax....well, they obviously arent' havin a nervous breakdown now are they???)
Quote:
By the way, can you walk straight?
Just about. Wink Smilie
MIM, my Sis did that exact same thing when she was little.
Pere, sorry to hear about your toe mate, hope you heal up good soon. Im almost 30 and i've never broken a bone in my body, thats either a sign of real good luck or a boring shealted childhood, I prefere the first, but fear the last is probably more acurate.
Quote:
Im almost 30 and i've never broken a bone in my body, thats either a sign of real good luck or a boring shealted childhood, I prefere the first, but fear the last is probably more acurate.
You're lucky then, I broke both my arms last summer.
BOTH ARMS! I wouldn`t be able to cope, But then u could have an advantage though, u get ur mum to do everything 4 u! Very Big Grin Smilie

I haven`t broke a bone, only fractured and I rolled off the baby changing board in the hospital when I was born...TWICE! in the same day! Big Smile Smilie Oh I luv my life, whenever I look back on any accidents I`ve had, I always laugh, it just seems so funny when I humiliate myself... Big Smile Smilie

Well, I hope u heal soon Pere and I hope u walk straight again. Wink Smilie
Funny, there was an ad at the top of the page a minute ago for the "My Big Toe Trilogy". Smoke Smilie
Sorry to here about that mate, but I know the herb will help you. Never broke my toe or foot, but I did break the games teachers by dropping a shotput on it.
You're lucky then, I broke both my arms last summer.

Ouches, both at the same time?!?
I've broken all my toes on my left foot dropping a filing cabinet on them, my hip playing jump rope, 2 ribs (long story), my elbow tripping up the stairs, and my middle finger on my right hand in a car door. Geez, I think I'm accident proned...
Quote:
Im almost 30 and i've never broken a bone in my body, thats either a sign of real good luck or a boring shealted childhood, I prefere the first, but fear the last is probably more acurate.

Be happy you've never broken a bone, it's not a pleasant thing.
I hope you get better soon Peredhil. That sounds really painful!

My sister has broken both arms and a finger in the past. I have never broken anything or had any bad injurys.
Ouch Peredhil! I'm sorry for you!
*brings Peredhil a bouquet of flowers*
I hope these makes you feel better. Smile Smilie
Oh, btw, really nice avatar!
Thanks Aire (the flowers and the avatar) *hugs Aire*

Congrats on becoming an Elf-Friend. Pary Smilie
I crushed my left arm when I was five by getting it stuck in the electric mangle on my Mum's washing machine. When it reached the elbow it wouldn't go any further but it started rolling the skin off. Luckily my Mum came back in the room in time to save me from having my arm ripped off or whatever would have happened if she hadn't.
I'm getting a feeling of deja vu. This is turning into the accident prone thread.
I was just going to say that! Big Laugh Smilie
When I opened this page today, the ad at the top said, Bid Toe Pain quite fitting, eh what? Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Sorry if it still hurts Peredhil. Sad Smilie
I have never broken my big toe before, but I am always breaking my little toes. I do understand how badly it can hurt. The only other bone that I have broken is my left wrist when I was in first grade and the doctors didn't catch it, so I ended up breaking it a 2nd time. Not fun, let me tell you.

MIM, I have a huge fear of needles, I just freak out, and start hyperventaling. Matthew has to hold my hand the whole time, and if he is not around, no one puts a needle near me!!!! My doctors hate taking blood from me or putting an IV in my arms. It is one of my worst fears.

Quote:
MIM, I have a huge fear of needles, I just freak out, and start hyperventaling. Matthew has to hold my hand the whole time, and if he is not around, no one puts a needle near me!!!! My doctors hate taking blood from me or putting an IV in my arms. It is one of my worst fears.

My dad has a fear of needles like that Mellie and musicimprovedme. He fainted at the movies when they did a scence with needles. I'm not scared of needles at all, last time I went to the doctor to get a vaccine I had him show me how to inject it, and then let me do it! Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie I am scared of heights though...
BTW how's your toe coming Pere?
Quote:
I'm not scared of needles at all, last time I went to the doctor to get a vaccine I had him show me how to inject it, and then let me do it!

Andrea that is just SICK. You need to be committed.

BTW, despite my NOT sheltered life, and my VERY klutzy predisposition, I have never ever broken a bone or had stitches...not even in my foot that time.

I can however, sprain my ankle with mental exertion alone.
Quote:
BTW how's your toe coming Pere?
It's healing very nicely thanks, it hardly feels any different from normal now.
GREAT! Big Smile Smilie

Do u have to get it checked up at a hospital or anything?

Oh, Pere, I didn`t speak to u long in chat yesterday and I was meant to ask, how did ur GCSE`s come along. Did u do well? Hope u did.

My brother got his results Thursday, he did better than he had thought. Big Smile Smilie I was very happy for him! Smile Smilie

I suppose u got ur results on the same day Pere?

[Edited on 23/8/2003 by Sheryl]
I was going to go to hospital, but I just thought I'd leave it, and now it's ok.

I got 2 A*s, 3 As and 5 Bs. What did your bro get?
Woaw Peredhil, that is really good! Congratulations on your terrific examresults!! Big Smile Smilie Pary Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Super Wow Smilie

Ooh, and I see you're a steward now too!
Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie

Big hugs and congratulations! Big Smile Smilie
He did worse than u Pere but he still passed... Big Smile Smilie I`m not going to actually say wot he got coz I don`t think he would want me saying...sorry.
My veins squiggle away from needles and when I have to have IV's, I must remember not to tell the technicians that they are going to have trouble putting the needle in, for that is a sure fire self-full-filling prophesy.

I once had them spend half-an-hour drilling five dry holes with much discomfort on my part, until they were finally successful. I would rather they put the needles in my forearm, but they like to use the back of my hand, which if I use my hand for much then, become painful.

Because of this, I also hate needles, but it is not a phobia, just a natural reaction from the knowledge of past experience.
Quote:
And as for needles.....I must admit thast I LIKE needles!!! I actually enjoy getting my blood drawn and I stare directly at it as the doctor inserts it in the vein. No joke. Maybe I have vampire tendencies.

Ring, let me show your your room at the funny farm. You will be sharing with Andrea the self-vaccinator.
I am very sorry Pere. I hope you get better soon. Sad Smilie
Mellie I am scared of needles too but I always wish I were more like Andrea because then going to the doctor would not be such an ordeal.
I have never broken anything, but I have had many other problems. I think accidents, as long as they are not life-threatening or life-mangling etc., would be much better than cronic pain because eventually you would heal. Yes I know that is the wrong way to think, but my mind is feeling very loose today!
When I was eight or nine before the Fall of 1950, when we bought a brand new Pontiac, we visited my cousins on a Sunday afternoon in a town about 1-1/2 hours away by car through desolate country. Anyway, while we were playing in their backyard I accidentally rammed a large splinter way up under my finger nail. OH THE PAIN! I can still remember it hurt all the way up to my elbow every time my heart pounded. OH THE PAIN! They had to drill a hole in my fingernail to relieve the pressure. Jumping Flame Smilie

On the way back home later that evening, our car, an old 1937 Chevrolet that we inherited from my grandfather, broke down about five miles from their house. Dad called my uncle who came and got us and drove us to our home. Then my uncle and dad drove back and the next morning they repaired the car and dad was back home in time for dinner that evening. By then my finger had finally quit throbbing.
*Gasps!*
*Gives Pere a BIG get better hug* I know I know,im late,but my computer was going wacky for a bit.
Btw,your avatar is awwwesome!
Thanks Lady, it's feeling much better now. Big Smile Smilie
Aw thats good Pere.
When I was a little girl,my brother would always slam his bedroom door on my toes,which would make my toenails turn black and come off,and by golly it hurts when that happens.
I know how you feel with the IV Grondy, I had one, when they took it out I could feel it scraping along the inside of my vein. Sad Smilie
FEAWEN! When I read that, I really cringed, I`m keeping my shoes on from now on, my bro`s never done that to me b4. Phew!

I haven`t broke a bone in my body... Big Smile Smilie HORAY! Big Smile Smilie
Come here, i'll change that Tongue Smilie
*Sheryl screams, "HELP!"*

Ross, be careful, I`m delicate, u may be tempted to break one bone but u`ll end up breaking 3...
I have not broke a bone in my body yet either,but before some one trys to I will brake them first Wink Smilie
Quote:
I know how you feel with the IV Grondy, I had one, when they took it out I could feel it scraping along the inside of my vein.

ROSS OWIE OWIE OWIE~ INSERT VOMITING SMILEY HERE! Cyclops Smilie Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie Dead Smilie Very Sad Smilie Very Sad Smilie
Quote:
Quote:
I know how you feel with the IV Grondy, I had one, when they took it out I could feel it scraping along the inside of my vein.

ROSS OWIE OWIE OWIE~ INSERT VOMITING SMILEY HERE! Cyclops Smilie Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie Dead Smilie Very Sad Smilie Very Sad Smilie

Yea, that had to have hurt... Very Sad Smilie
It did, the neddle is more like a wire than a neddle. It's just wrong. D@mn gangrene!
Big Smile Smilie Rofl @ Pere,reminds me of when I attempted to do a Tarzan act with my friends down some brick stairs and I landed on my behind when the branch broke,ouch.
If this is a site where you tell about some painful experiences then I have to say cutting my toe on the bathtub thingy...the one that the water comes out ofTongue Smilie hehehe was a really painful experience....not directly since I was so drunk I didnt realise the pain...but the day after......O-U-C-H! that was annoying....and when I accidentally headbutted a drinking glass and had a piece of it sticking out of my forehead...well....I still have the scarTongue Smilie hehehe
so yeah Im a stupid lad...but whats a stupid lad to do?Wink Smilie
Quote:
so yeah Im a stupid lad...but whats a stupid lad to do?Wink Smilie

Obvisously drink himself silly so he can cut his toe! Wink Smilie Big Laugh Smilie
Quote:
If this is a site where you tell about some painful experiences then I have to say cutting my toe on the bathtub thingy
How about falling out of a tree and breaking both my arms? I fell on broken glass as well, so my arms were covered in blood. Yes, I was drunk as well. It still hurt like h*ll though.
Aaw Pere,did this happen recently?
It was about a year and a half ago. I was using a rope to get from one brach to another, and the rope snapped.
  [1] [2] >>