Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Hows the weather in your neck of the woods?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Golden Perch > Hows the weather in your neck of the woods?   [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] >>
Well, here in Kuala Lumpur it's hot and humid during the day (like it does all year) but we've been getting some rain in the evening and sometimes at night. It usually rains at this time of the year because of the monsoon season, there're some areas where it's been flooded too.
Our weather is finally clearing up. 'Bout time too! I don't like the rain!
Nothing here but drizzle and fine rain for the past few days now. No doubt when I need to get to sea next week for my Autumn cockle surveys, it will be blowing a gale of wind.
It's more like October weather here in Bucharest; I hope it'll last! The Sun is shining and we're waiting the first snowfall! *leaves, singing carols*

Namarie!
We have had a hard rain all day here in the Pacific Northwest of the USA with a wind storm forecast tonight, it is not yet 6 PM on Tuesday evening. These last two weeks of November are usually our worst weather with major windstorms along with the rain. We often say our winters are three to five months of November long.

Thank heavens for the Japanese current that keeps us warm on the western side of the Cascade Mountains, just as the Gulf Stream does for Great Briton. We seldom get a foot of snow and what snow does fall seldom lasts for longer than a week or two and the temperature rarely falls below 5 F (-15 C).

I have a full spectrum light box that I often use to cheer me up on dreary days. One half-hour sitting in front of it does wonders. Look Around Smilie
Miserable. It's not yet cold enough for snow, but it's really rainy, not just sprinkles, like pouring thunderstorms every night. Slushy, muddy, and dull.
Hurry up and snow already! I'm sick of the cold icky other stuff!

Grondy you should be a weatherman, engineer, pfft! Wink Smilie
Here or in Sweden? Big Smile Smilie

I'm guessing here. Well, it's acctually rather warm, from my point of view. About 15-20 degrees Celsius during the days. Definitely warm enough, considering it's mid November! It was raining yesterday but it was beautiful today! And right now it's too dark to make a judgement. Smile Smilie

Oh, btw, this is my 900th post. Smile Smilie Yeay!
The Leonid meteors are falling at 1:30 tonight,can't wait to see them! Smile Smilie
Congradulations Aire,only a 100 more 'till you join us Sterwards.:happelf:
Nice day here today. There was a tad bit of snow in the north end of the county, but here there was bright sunshine, no wind, and 36° F (2° C).
Beautiful weather here! All sunny, about 15° C ... just beautiful! Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie
Congratulations on your 900th post, Aire! May all of your posts from now on be at least as interesting as your previous ones! Wink Smilie

Namarie!
Very nice day today, few clouds and it is 66° F.

But there is going to be more rain tomorrow! ARRRGGGHHH!
Still raining heavy here. It's the first really heavy rain we've had since I moved in this house, so I'm now noticing the road outside isn't drained very good. The puddles were about four inches deep when I drove through them earlier.

Also got my eye on the river. It's one of the biggest postThreadIDes of the year tonight and my house is three feet below sea level.
The weather on the island in Maine is VERY bustery, beautiful whitecaps, and the little seaside cottages are getting quite a drenching. Unfortunately, as beautiful as I find such weather to be, it isn't good for the lobstermen. No boat to the island today, and so they will have no crew to help them set [their traps] on Monday!
In Mass. where my school is on the other hand, it is quite warm and drab looking because all the leaves have fallen. I hate Mass.
Quote:
Also got my eye on the river. It's one of the biggest postThreadIDes of the year tonight and my house is three feet below sea level.

Hope you have your raft ready Val!
Quote:
And sandbags, a sump pump, and a wet and dry vaccum cleaner, but more importantly, I hope the water doesn't get anywhere near your house.

Good luck!
Cold. really really cold....
well here itīs also very cold (so cold that I got sick :S)
right now itīs too dark so I canīt really see how it is, and I donīt really want to get up and stick my nose outside the door. Wink Smilie
Quote:
Just the condition of the cool and warm weather,if its too hot we complain and if it is too cold we complain,hehe seems like people can never be content.

Yeah, but I still like warm weather better! Cool Smilie
Quote:
Not quite a raft Stoney, but my Patrol boat, research boat and two RIBs are just the other side of the river. I'll go with Grondy, though, in the hope the water doesn't get anywhere near my house. I've a couple more big postThreadIDes to go and then they slack off again until February.
Quote:
Cold. really really cold....

Yup, and snowy, and I broke my board so I can't hit the slopes yet.... Sad Smilie or until I borrow one
isch, now that itīs light enough outside so I can see whatīs going on I see that itīs rainy and grey, wow Iīm happy I donīt have to go out today
I'm hoping we'll be getting snow over here soon! The first snow fall is always wonderful,last year it didn't start to snow until Christmas morning which was nice to have a white Christmas. Dog Smilie
Don't want no stinkin' snow! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Sounds like everyone is having rotten weather! It is all wet and soggy here.

Are we all summer people?
Quote:
Well I like spring better, but I absolutely hate our four to five months of November', which sometimes start as early as Columbus Day and have been known to last until the Ides of March. Still, unless the Pineapple Express meets an Artic Trough, we don't have to shovel it like they do on the East Coast and in the Mid-West. Snowman Smilie
Quote:

Just the condition of the cool and warm weather,if its too hot we complain and if it is too cold we complain,hehe seems like people can never be content. Good and Evil Smilie
Quote:
Still, unless the Pineapple Express meets an Artic Trough, we don't have to shovel it like they do on the East Coast and in the Mid-West. Snowman Smilie

Yea, that's me up here in freezing cold Michigan! I can't wait though, they opened up the Pine Knob already, even though we barely have any snow yet! I'm saving up my energy for a big storm, I have at least until April to get it out!
Today though it was windy, very windy, my hat blew off my head!
There are one hundred-eighty thousand homes without power today in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains. There was a high pressure cell east of the mountains and a low to the west, and a great wind came down through the pass trying to even things out, like at 80 mph which droped trees into power lines, tossed garbage cans, and tore open a couple roofs. We didn't see any wind on this side of the pond, just buckets of cold rain from the low.
Beautiful sunshine all day today.
There's some snow but it's all melting now Sad Smilie
About a foot and a half of snow here in northeastern Connecticut.
Cold and wet again.
Cold and wet and still no snow
Rather nice today...but it is going to rain tonight. Just as it starts to dry out it begins to rain again.
I woke up this morning and the sky looked freaky as ****. All around the horizon was a thin band of pale yellow sky, but covering the entire sky from horizon to horizon were weird, layered clouds, not fluffy but those other type; stratus, if you will. The weird part was that they were bright red, and pale sunlight was peeking out of small open patches. It looked REALLY FREAKY, and I swear I'm not making this up. Wary Smilie
Quote:
I woke up this morning and the sky looked freaky as ****. All around the horizon was a thin band of pale yellow sky, but covering the entire sky from horizon to horizon were weird, layered clouds, not fluffy but those other type; stratus, if you will. The weird part was that they were bright red, and pale sunlight was peeking out of small open patches. It looked REALLY FREAKY, and I swear I'm not making this up. Wary Smilie
Red sky in morning, Sailor take warning! You have a bad case of smog Arco, or are the forest fires raging again?
It's OK ... for now! Still waiting the first snowfall!

Namarie!
Quote:
It's OK ... for now! Still waiting the first snowfall!

Huh, careful or you will get rain. Wet, nasty, cold, icy rain. I can tell you all you need to know.
Quote:
Huh, careful or you will get rain. Wet, nasty, cold, icy rain. I can tell you all you need to know.

No please! No talk about cold rain, cold wind, cold dark mornings, or worst of all, the combination of the above unmentionable things. Lighening Smilie

Living on the westcoast of Norway will give you all the experience you ever want to have about such things. *shudders* One winter, I swear, it was raining and blowing CONTINIOUSLY from September to April. One day late in April we were all very surprised, and a little bit scared, as we saw some strange light shining in the sky.

As I'm now spending a year in Germany, I don't want anything to do with cold and rain. But I'm starting to suspect it followed me here... Sad Smilie Sad Smilie Sad Smilie
Quote:
As I'm now spending a year in Germany, I don't want anything to do with cold and rain. But I'm starting to suspect it followed me here... Sad Smilie Sad Smilie Sad Smilie
Then make sure you stay away from trucks (lories) wearing "McKenna's All-Weather Haulage" on their sides, for rainclouds follow Rob McKenna all around Europe, believing him to be their raingod. - Complements of the late Douglas Adams in So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish.
I haven't seen any such trucks around here, but.. *peeking out the window*

Last I heard the good raingod had set up a profitable business providing rain to desperate farmers, and by promising to stay away from the tourist centers.. Maybe he desided Nordrhein-Westphalen should "donate" a bit to his retirement fund? Wink Smilie
Very chilly out *wraps up in a blanket*,plenty of snow and not a peak of sun Cat Smiling Smilie
Today was the first snowfall and it was just GREAT! Now we're talking real Christmas spirit! *singing: Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!*

Namarie!
Oooooohh! Big Smile Smilie Snowman Smilie

First snowfall always make me happy!! A little kid just waiting to run outside and play! Wink Smilie

When it start snowing in the evening, standing in the window seeing big, fluffy blankets of snow drifting out of the black sky and dancing golden in the light from the lamps....

Or when you wake up in the morning to discover that the dark, wet world you fell asleep in has disappeared and been replaced by a bright, sparkly white one. Big Smile Smilie
And it is even better when it is deep enough that you need not go to school or work that day, but can go out and play with your family and friends in it. Snowman Smilie
We are in the middle of a heat wave. So hot, we can't get to sleep till midnight and then we wake up next morning clammy and cranky. Even with airconditioning, it seems impossible to get comfortable.
Sun over snow in the morning, later on grey, but not so bad, not so bad! Winter is exceptionally mild this year in Poland!
Its clear outside but it is cold. At least I'm not raking leaves like I was yesterday.
Just an anecdote...
Quote:
Sun over snow in the morning, later on grey, but not so bad, not so bad! Winter is exceptionally mild this year in Poland!

If you're from Poland Eryan (which I guess you are), haven't you heard of Michal from The Star Academy? dunno why I said that... Tongue Smilie
That dratted rain is coming back today. It is clouds, clouds, clouds!
  [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] >>