Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Anybody home?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Golden Perch > Anybody home?   
It seems that everyone is trying to hide form me. If anybody is feeling... well, like they just want to know that there are actual people here who want to just chat about any junk in particular, please write back. thanks.
Hmm,sorry you feel that way,Crystal Caves. I've replied to your messages...You can always contact me though messenger or chat.
Thank you, Lady Feawin, for answering my post. I apreciate it, but I did send you a message a wile ago. Did you get it?
I feal it my solumn duty to be honest with everyone, It seems that I've scared everyone away. I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minout of it.
Howdy Crystle caves. Happy Elf Smilie How goes the battle? What would you like to chat about: the price of tea in china, of butter in Baltimore, or something a little more conventional like ships and shoes and sealing wax, and cabbages and kings. I'm a retired mechanical engineer, live in western Washington, and first read Tolkien in 1967 on a working trip to Spain.

So as Rednell asked you a while back, does your name come from Merlin's cave (like written in Mary Stewart's Merlin Trilogy), after my domicile here in the Glittering Caves of Aglarond, or none of the above?
Both, and my name, exept my name is spelled Krystal. Reading about the Round table is a hobby, and merlin is awesone. Ships and shoes and celing wax. That's puff, the Magic Dragon. I didn't know anyone knew that. I had to lear that one in chorus a couple years back...
Puff the Magic Dragon by Peter, Paul, and Merry came out about the time I was in my last senior year at Washington State University; I remember sitting in the Pubs singing with it. My 'ships and shoes and sealing wax' bit was from 'The Walrus and the Carpenter ' a poem by Lewis Carroll found in the midst of Alice in Wonderland.

Have you read "Once and Future King" by T. H. White as well as Mary Stewart's Merlin Trilogy? I found his book was great fun, while her last book in the trilogy was a little dark. Have you found any other Merlin books besides of course Sir Thomas Malory's Le Morte de Arthur?
Quote:
Have you read "Once and Future King" by T. H. White as well as Mary Stewart's Merlin Trilogy? I found his book was great fun, while her last book in the trilogy was a little dark. Have you found any other Merlin books besides of course Sir Thomas Malory's Le Morte de Arthur?

I loved the Once and Future King. I've often thought about getting the Merlin Trilogy but as of yet have never gotten round to it. There are several Arthurian stories included in the Welsh Mabinogion, too.

Crystle Caves said:
Quote:
That's puff, the Magic Dragon.

Guaranteed to make me cry along with The Selfish Giant, The Christmas Tree and anything Tolkien. Oh ,and a million other things.
Quote:
Guaranteed to make me cry along with The Selfish Giant, The Christmas Tree and anything Tolkien. Oh ,and a million other things.

I'm good at making girls cry, too. Good and Evil Smilie
Then you are missing the opportunity of being the shoulder all the girls cry on.

I'm so glad that anyone actually wrote me! I found a couple of very bizzare merlin stories, but unfortunatly, haven't been able to get my hands on that one yet... Exploding Head Smilie I've been reading a lot of Steven King lately.
Hi there Crystle Waving Hello Smilie

Just thought I'd put my two-pence worth in! How long have you been at PT, then? I'm not even a week old yet, but have found everyone I've come across extremely friendly. I'm glad you don't feel as 'left out' now & I see you are becoming very popular!

This post is probably pointless, in that case!

Well, hello to you anyway & hope you are having a fun, fab & groovy time here @ PT!

Ciao for now, take care. Big Smile Smilie
I've chatted to Legolaslass in the chatroom (as well a few others) and I want whatever she is on! Such energy. Almost scary.

Anyway, I've only been here a week or so and so far so good although I am amazed at how many newbies are posting yet so few posts appear other than 'I'm new' posts. So, all you fellow newbies, get in here and post new threads as well as checking out current threads in all the forums and adding to them. I've found a few recent posts tucked away at the end of the thread list and wonder what's happened to everyone.

Waving Hello Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie Na-na-na-na-na Smilie Wiggle Smilie Super Wow Smilie

Just high on life, Vee!

Glad to know I'm not just seen as a crazy woman... er... or was that the diplomatic version?!? Very Mad Smilie Big Laugh Smilie

Catch you (& anyone else who dares to chat to the 'mad one') in the chat room sometime!

Take care all! xxx
Quote:
I've found a few recent posts tucked away at the end of the thread list and wonder what's happened to everyone.
When we remodled at the end of December the threads of the old Forum transfered over with the newer threads listed at the bottom and without dates, also the first post in almost every thread were missing. Val has been retreiving those when he can.

Also, many of our members have changed their email addresses since the originally registered, so when we moved back into the remodled site (actually a brand new one with the old name) they didn't receive their new passwords, and of course the bug causing Internet Explorer to log one out every few minutes didn't help either. Slowly we will get back up to speed with a few more interesting discussions being added as the membership deems fit.

Feel free to ask Tolkien related questions in the upper section of the Message Board, that is where and how the best discussions usually get started.
Welcome to Planet-Tolkien,Legolaslass. I've really enjoyed talking with you in chat,you certainly are a bundle of energy and bring quite a bit of life into the chatroom. Happy Elf Smilie Hope to see you around! Smile Smilie
xox
legolaslass said:

Quote:
Glad to know I'm not just seen as a crazy woman... er... or was that the diplomatic version?!?

Sweetie, I don't know how to be diplomatic.
Oooooh.....Grondy you answered my as yet un-asked question. I still keep getting logged off every few minutes!!

Hi crystal...you can talk to me too if you want. I really don't get the chance to come on here as long as I would like to but you can always message me if you need to talk to someone! Big Smile Smilie
Hello all!

Just popped in to see how Crystle was doing.... Seems fine!

btw:

'Welcome to Planet-Tolkien,Legolaslass. I've really enjoyed talking with you in chat,you certainly are a bundle of energy and bring quite a bit of life into the chatroom.'

Nice of you to say so, LadyF !! Wiggle Smilie

And Vee.... I have come to realise that about you - Fantastic!

Hope to see you all around,

Take care.
Glad to see we have a few 'alies' in the thread. I wonder if anyone here has read any Stephen King resently.... I just finished Skeleton Crew. I've still got the chills. Wary Smilie Super Scared Smilie
Quote:
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minout of it.

That's funny!!! I laughed right out loud when I read it!!!

-Megan / HobbitHomie05
I've a million of em. I'm glad to see that someone injoys my twisted humor.
By the by, Hobbit Hommie, how long have you been on?
online? well I got your messege a little late but heres some info:

Weekends- on until I get bored which is about 10:00 to 2:00 then I take a break then go back on to see if anyone replyed and stay on for an hour or more then I'm off and on contenously like that

Weekdays- I'm on at 6:00am to 7:00 usually if I don't have homework to finish and then I go on after school for about an hour then I go on at about 7:00 and then at about 8:00 I get off for the night!!

pretty insane i know!!!! Very Mad Smilie But oh well and please don't reply get a life!!

-Megan / HobbitHomie05
You answered the wrong question, Meg. How long have you been visiting PT?
Long enough to have a higher post count than you.

But then, this is HH05 we are talking about..........

Very Big Grin Smilie
Bored bored bored... and zzzzzzzz

Ach! Oh Turdlips and badgerscrotes i seem to be revisiting some kind of feed-back loop reality thing, nope... i'm still in work its friday and there's absolutely nothing to do!

hey if anyone is out there online and fancies a chat about anything remotely interesting PLEASE HELP?
Wary Smilie
Quote:
hey if anyone is out there online and fancies a chat about anything remotely interesting PLEASE HELP?

What do you consider interesting, chum? I'd try helping you coz i'm bored by the internet too everytime i'm online.
HobbitHomie05 does post a lot, but still seams to manage not to end up talking to herself. We are not all as dull as we may seem at first glance, and if you want exitement, you need to start up the toppic yourself. What interests you?
HI! sup? I havent been on in this site for a while so sorry if i didnt speak. My other username was Wooffy_Elendil lol I got a new e amil address and I forgot my old password.
Oops! I hate it when that happens!
yeha oh well though. AOL sucked gave our computer a virus. Thank god that my uncle is like a computer genius so he fixed it lol
Sounds a lot like my uncle Jake.
Well... what do ya know? I guess everyones has realitives that know everything there is is know bout computers. hmmm me myself and I is also wanting to be a computer geek because I want to be a computer animator. Gotta know a lot bout computers if ya want to work with them. That avaitor that I have on my righ is one of my own drawings. Its one of those thestral things from Harry Potter 5.
Crystle caves and Loni, I moved your posts here where they belong. Stay on topic, it isn't that hard. Just think one more time befor you post, "does this post belong here?", that is all.
Thank you AmariŽ . I was affraid we were the only ones here. Thank you for prooving that we are not alone.
My pleasure! Smile Smilie
By the by, where is everyone? It's not THAT late, is it?
It is probably because of the easter holidays. A lot of the members use computers at school and work to come here, and people are going away and visiting relatives and stuff like that. I will probably be a bit quiet too. Oh well..
Im sorry.... I wasnt staying on topic maybe Ill shut up next time. Nexxt time I start a conversation, just tell me to shut up. Ill understand
Ok, shut up. Big Laugh Smilie just kidding babe, I still love you.