Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: *ahem* Attention please!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Golden Perch > *ahem* Attention please!   
Hi there everyone!

I have this silly idea in my head, and I plan to go through with it now.

I intend to make a sort of database that lists all the active members* of PT, with their birthdate and the country where they live. I think it would be kinda fun to see what the average age of the active members* is, and to see where we have the most members.

Anyway, I need your help for this. I will get the active members* from the member list here on the site, but I need you all to post below your birthdate and the country you live in. If you do not want everyone to know your age, you can also private message me (right Vee? Tongue Smilie ).

Thanks a lot folks!

Tommie

*Active members are (to me) those who have chosen a race and location.

(Council: I don't know if you all think this is a good idea, if not, please let me know, I'll check back here often enough.)
Quote:
If you do not want everyone to know your age, you can also private message me (right Vee? ).

Dream on!

But an interesting idea.
Sounds fine to me tommie, of course... The PT database does already hold all of our active members date and location information for those who chose to provide it in their profile. If you wanted, it shouldn't be too much trouble to make this information available at some point.
That would be fantastic actually! I have started to pick the active members from the member list, and it took me about an hour to reach p 100. I got over 300 active members. Super Wow Smilie

I don't know what you consider active members, though. Animated Wink Smilie
For my two cents worth, I would consider all members who post at PT on a regular basis active members. Elf Smilie
You might want to classify active members as those (1) who post regularly and (2) Have at least 100 posts. That way we know they aren't newbies who might fade into the void.

Birthdate- June 12, 1985

Country- The United States of America
You can get most of the birthdates from The Party Tree.
Birthdate - 14th August, 1991
Country born in, and will go back to as soon as possible - ENGLAND!!!!!!!
Bountry stuck in against my will at the moment - New ZEaland.
Oh how exciting, I get to do this again then?

Birthdate: June 15th 1977

Country of origin: Engerland engerland engerland....
Date Of Birth; 28/03/1983

Country Of Origin; Bury (I have decleared independance for all of Lancashire from England on account of it being a bit rubbish)
Quote:
You might want to classify active members as those (1) who post regularly and (2) Have at least 100 posts. That way we know they aren't newbies who might fade into the void.

Yes, but isn't that a bit discriminating? I mean, whether you've been here for a few months, or just for a week, when you are a member of the site and posting on the forum, you are an active member, right? And once again it should be proved that it's not the number of posts that counts.

Anyway, thanks y'all for posting, please continue to do so, while I'm working on the database. Cool Smilie
Oh, darn it! Stoney beats me by a year! Wink Smilie Anyways, here ya go, Tommie!

Date of Birth: March 19, 1986

May 5, 1981
Norway Wiggle Smilie
June 26th, 1979.

Norway normally, living in Germany now. (So be careful, wooly one, I might just come visit! Very Big Grin Smilie )
Wiggle Smilie
Date of birth: 23th April 1987

Country of origin: The Netherlands
Date of birth: February 10, 1992

Born:28.2.1989.

Quote:
Yes, but isn't that a bit discriminating? I mean, whether you've been here for a few months, or just for a week, when you are a member of the site and posting on the forum, you are an active member, right? And once again it should be proved that it's not the number of posts that counts.

That was not my meaning, what I ment was that I don't think that someone that posts 5 times should be counted as as active member. The nember of posts I suggested ment that they were serious members and not just surfing the site.
I agree. If the newbies post more and more they will become "active" in no time, otherwise they are just surfing the net.
Point taken. Though I still think 100 posts is a bit high for a limit. But I will probably start from the council's list now anyway. Cool Smilie
I like posting my b-day.

December 14th, 1986

Born in the USA.
August 18, 1982.

Belgium.
Birthday- Feb. 18, 1989
Country- The U.S.A.
Born on the twentififth day of the fifth month of the year, in the year nineteen hundred and seventy-three, Anno Domini.

In the COSMIC FEDERATION of CELTIC STATES (The C.F.C.S) or WALES, and Eire and wee bit of Scotchlandt.

Wink Smilie Cool Smilie Wink Smilie

Technically there is no such thing as A.D or B.C. anymore as they worked out that if Christ existed he was born 6 years earlier as the star was hayles comet. It's now C.E. (Common Era) and B.C.E. (Before Common Era)
The "Anno Domini" was present for purposes of ostentation, not an excuse for a some smart*** to point out the blindingly obvious... here ya go have yourself a wee medal for acts of pedantry in the face of extreme aberration.

*pats Ross on the back*

Good lad, you have served your country well. Cool Smilie
Why thank you and that would be your country too! Cool Smilie Wink Smilie
Heh. I didn't know that. (about the Common Era and stuff) Nice one.

Thanks to all you folks who already posted their bdays and countries!

But come on folks, I know there are tons of other people out there who haven't done so yet, so help me out here, otherwise it's never going to work!

Wiggle Smilie
March 15, 1971, Gainesville, Florida, in the good ol' U.S. of A.! Elf Smilie
Date of Birth - 26th September 1970

Country of Origin - Wales

Wiggle Smilie
Birthdate: March 31, 1989
Country of Origin: The U.S.A.
Species: Syconycteris hobbit
OK this is as far as I go...sorry Smile Smilie February 1, 19** New Hampshire USA!!
Name: Me

Date of Birth: Sometime after the last Ice Age

Country of Origin: Here
Me thinks the above post is one of those sick raptors that need instant destruction. Elk Grinning Smilie

After the last ice age? Whoo that's old, too bad we don't have a mammoth smilie!
Hehe. I do know Grondy a bit better than that. And he knows I do, but he's been so kind as to post anyway. Tongue Smilie
Yes, Tommie's got my number. *Grondy runs and hides*
Anyone else out there willing to post? Please?

Wiggle Smilie
Date of birth: 6th May 1987
Country of origin: England
I think that's most everyone, Tommie. I don't think there are many more that have not posted here.
hey!!!, Wait for meeee!

Stone, im late but I have my 100 posts fee... Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

My birthdate is on : may 06th 1977

was born in Mexico city

there you go Peredhil!!! exactly 10 years older that you!!!!, what a coincidence, isnīt It?

P.s: What time were you born???

Elen sila lumennī omentielvo!!!
Quote:
there you go Peredhil!!! exactly 10 years older that you!!!!, what a coincidence, isnīt It?

P.s: What time were you born???
Cool! I think I was born at about 1in the morning.
Quote:
I think that's most everyone, Tommie. I don't think there are many more that have not posted here.

I think (I hope) there's loads more who haven't posted here yet, Stoney! This can't be all the active members, right? There's gotta be more of us. Anyway, we'll see.

Wiggle Smilie
Who me: Ainamenelwen Elf Confused Smilie
D.O.B.: 29/08/73 Birthday Smilie
Hibernation: Canada Fast Asleep Smilie