Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Only great minds can read this

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Golden Perch > Only great minds can read this   
This is weird, but interesting!

Quote:
fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

I don't know if the above statistic is accurate; and I have no idea whether having English as your first language helps or hinders. Towards finding out, how about everyone trying to read it and then posting yes or no below and also giving their first language and that they use mostly.

Yes - English - English
Yes, English, English
Didn't someone post a very simmular thread not too long ago? Oh well.
Yes Norwegian Norwegian
yes i could read it without blinking. English, English.
Whoops! Here I am laying "another egg", reading what only great minds can read!
Read Smilie I Read Smilie
I am ever so sorry, but I do not promise, never to do something stupid again!

But this "Cambridge Cure" was known to me!
That was kind of wierd, but yeah, I can read it. I didn't even notice what was up at first! Then I thought the words were just backwards...wow.

English. English.
I funod taht esay ot raed. Mybae taht si why I otfen msis raed wrods wehn I raed too fsat.
yes english english
Halloen!

I just sneaked in to have a peek at what great minds are reading! Na-na-na-na-na Smilie Pixie Smilie Dunce Smilie Pixie SmilieNa-na-na-na-na Smilie
Wow! im a great mind!Even though i had to read the word amazing two times befor i understood it.
no-finnish-finnish
I took some sort of test where the words are like that and it explained that the reason it should be easy to read is that our brains don't take account of every letter but a 'mind picture' of what the beginning and end of the word should look like and just fills in the gaps.
That is why we need proofreaders and spellcheck!
yes-english-english

serioulsy...our minds are pretty cool!!!
yes-english-english

Wah amazing experience grondy. It's quite easy to read.
It's amazing how our minds work...
yes arabic-english
Yes-English-English

Strange, no one had posted that they couldn't read it... I doubt the statistic is accurate.
Yes, it looks like the premise is phoney: our eyes can rearrange the letters just as they often skip over the word "of" (found elsewhere in the forum).
Yes, yes, yes Egnlsih. I srot of lkie tihs way of dniog tihs, but it's wreid smomties but all wlel smoe pleope can raed tihs. Can You?Big Smile Smilie
Everyone who is proficient, meaning they can read and write at an acceptable level, in English can read it. Beats me where you found the 55/100 statistic.
easy.
That's amazing, this exact subject has been posted in another forum I belong too, spoooooky!!
I've seen this before too. But it's still cool Wink Smilie Found it REALLY easy.

Yes-German/English-English

Can I put two languages for the first one? I learned German and English pretty much simultaneously.
Yes-Tamil-English
yes-English-English