Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Poems & songs.

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > Poems & songs.   
That is a great poem Namo! Unfortunately I have none of my own at present, but I will post one when I write it. Big Smile Smilie
Well, the poem is really not mine, is from a music group, they have an album dedicated to the Silmarillion. That song is from that album.
Here is one.....I put a little twist to it at the end but the rest is not mine but from LOTR The Riding of the Rohirrim:

From dark Dunharrow in the dim morning
with thane and captain rode Thengel's son:
to Edoras he came, the ancient halls
of the Mark-wardens mist-enshrouded;
golden timbers were in gloom mantled.
Farewell he bade to his free people,
hearth and high-seat, and the hallowed places,
where long he had feasted ere the light faded.
Forth rode the king, fear behind him,
fate before him. Fealty kept he;
oaths he had taken, all fulfilled them.
Forth rode Théoden. five nights and days
east and onward rode the Eorlingas
through Folde and Fenmarch and the Firienwood,
six thousand spears to Sunlending,
Mundburg the mighty under Mindolluin,
Sea-kings; city in the South-kingdom
foe-beleaguered, fire-encircled.
Doom drove them on. Darkness took them,
horse and horseman; hoofbeats afar
sank into silence; so the songs tell us.

So Théoden rode forth to battle the besiegers, but a dart from the black riders lord, fell his trustworthy, loyal horse Snowmane...Snowmane became his master, Théodens´ bane.

How do you like the ending? I made it myself but I am not a good poet...Big Smile Smilie
Wow, great poem Aulë, and you wrote it all by your selves? I'm impressed. By the way I'm back, been apsent for a while because of worck issues, but now I'm here, no for a long time though. nut anyway.
Time stands still (at the iron hill) is a song from Blind Guardian right? I have not heard it myself but I know it cuz of this guy in my class recommended it to me some time ago...hehe, maybe I should listen to it sometime... Tongue Smilie
Well, I do write poems (u can always check out my journals) but I haven't touched the subject of LOTR or tolkien's works yet in my poems. I admit, most of my poems are about being in love, being heart-broken or just writing out my emotions but now I'll try to write a poem on LOTR if I've time with my exams. anywayz, if uu ppl wld like me to write anything about any incidence in LOTR, plz post here and I'll do my best to fulfill ur wishes! (since it'll prevent me of cooking up my own subject!Wink Smilie )