Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Your Favourite Band!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > Your Favourite Band!   << [1] [2] [3] [4] >>
Yeah, who'd have thought a miserable git like Gilour would have "Dancing in the street" as his favourite tune?

And the Foo Fighters are pants as well, way too cheery for my liking. Though their first album was pretty good.
No the Colour and the shape is the best album, although the first album did have lots of snide dig's at Courtney Love which is always good!
Quote:
heh, I just didn't like them, and so many people thought it was so clever and new, and it wasn't and it really annoyed me.

I like Slash though Gimli, don't worry, best thing about that d@mn band.

Clever? I wouldn't know about that. I just think he had a uniqe way of saying things. And I belive I could hardly be influenced by their popularity in the past, since I was 6 when Cobain died and didn't even know they existed. And saddly, I live in a enviroment, that seems to be very fond of Timberlake and Bepop. But I do belive, Cobain's lyrics all do tell something. His feelings perhaps? I find their music extremly good. And, yes... that is just my opinion.

I just had a fight about music styles and I want to make it clear, that I am no forcing or trying to convince anyone, that my right is better.

And I find Slash to be a very good guitar player. Not my personal favourite... but unbelivibly good.
Quote:
nd I find Slash to be a very good guitar player. Not my personal favourite... but unbelivibly good.

Yep because everybody knows Gary Moore is the best Guitarist! Cool Smilie
Well, acthualy... please don't crucifiy me for this... well, this is quite not what any of you might be thinking, but my favourite guitar player is the old slowhand... Eric Clapton. But as for a band guitar player I don't have a fauvorite. Maybe the guy who plays it in Dragon Force... I don't realy know his name dough.
You really are obsessed with Ainslie, huh? Elf Rolling Eyes Smilie
I'm usually quite up on bands, but who the Hell is Anslie Henderson?
Is he the guy from Can't Cook Won't Cook?
Ahh Fame accademy, that explains it all. I don't watch these crappy reality TV shows where you have people who don't have enough talent to be noticed on their own merit so they go on to a TV program where they get voted for by the majority of the public. After all the Public are responsible for Hearsay, Will Young, Gareth Gates, Girls Aloud the ones with the Boys (I don't even Know what they are called) and Anslie Henderson Tongue Smilie !
Quote:
At least the guys from fa can write songs, actually have a decent voice, and play piano, guitar (and even mandolin) etc.

Actually, it's a lot easier to play a mandolin than pretty much anything else, not a lot of people know that, and I don't like to spread it around too much as it makes me look clever if people think it's hard.
I think everyone know Deam theatre! Wink Smilie
I thought everyone here knew how much I hate Dream Theatre, John Petrucci really gets on my nerves, poncy git. Prog Loves them though, that much I know.
Can listen to them, but I wouldn't go out and buy any of their work.
Cos they have the same problem as a lot of Prog-rock, and metal bands these days. All technique and absolutely no soul, it's horrible. And Petrucci is the worst exponent of the soul-less guitar player I've ever heard, worse than Joe Satriani, and that's saying something.
Nope, the only widdly widdly merchants i've liked in recent years have been Steve Vai (for his work with Zappa and Pil) and Kirk Hammet (early stuff) otherwise anyone since Eddie Van Halen and Randy Rhoads has been a bit dull.
Hello everyone, I think is hard to think of one band that I like the most, but I'll post a few in here.

Hammerfall: Great band, epic lyrics, fast in some songs slow in other, just great.
Stratovarius: I just like the musica, I've never payed too much atention on the lyrics.
Shaman: All songs are different.
Blind Guardian: Loved the "NightfallInMiddleEarth" album
Sonata Arctica: Pretty much like Stratovarius
DragonForce: Couldn't be more epic.
Sadly you haven't, some of those bands are inspired by Tolkien.
Mhh, I forgot Rhapsody Big Smile Smilie
Some one actually answering the question!

Thanks Namo good Wink Smilie
I stand by my previous comments of Slash.. and completely agree.. he was the only good part about GnR.. well that and the break up! I have a whole bunch of downloaded movies of slash playing....

so what do you think of the late Steve Clark then???
I love U2,any other U2 lovers out there?
The Chieftans rock
Lifehouse is okay.
And I'm really undecided about John Mayer.I don't like any boppy boy bands.
Enya is very good. I like some hard rock music, but I do not appreciate there crudeness. Shaking Head Smilie
Did I mention Collective Soul?They're awesome. Wiggle Smilie
Okie dokie!
~~~LadyF~~~
Quote:

so what do you think of the late Steve Clark then???

I think he's the reason I learned to play guitar, no word of a lie. Heh, I just played my girlfriend's 11 year old son my copy of Hysteria, apparently he's not stopped listening to it all week, see, quality lasts.
Shorty Sewell and the Rocky Mountain Oysters. (country-swing band, in case you couldn't guess.)
Do they have really large Abraham Lincoln style beards grondy? Wink Smilie
No they were clean shaven, but they wore both a belt as well as pair of suspenders, braces, or galluses to hold up their pants. Elk Grinning Smilie
So their not blue grass then. Tongue Smilie
i like different music and i can listen to about anything it depends on my mood, but i can't stand country and smooth jazz, my favourit bands are
In Love Smilie
queens of the stone age, nirvana, interpol, is so romantic!, coldplay and the streets
I don't care what other people say, my most favourite band is matchbox twenty. I've been their fan for years and I think they're awesome Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie Other bands that I like are linkin park, collective soul, good charlotte... can't think of more right now. I think Michelle Branch is okay, but she sounds like Alanis sometimes. No offense, but I don't like Avril - she seems fake- and I cannot stand limp bizkit. At all. Shaking Head Smilie
Rage Against the Machine/Audioslave are the best band there is. I also like Leftfield, Massive Attack, Royksopp, Eminem, Tenacious D, Sublime, Layo + Bushwacka, Jimi Hendrix, the list goes ever on and on.
People always grow out of bands like Good Charlotte, they are prescribed teenage railing music.
I don't have any favorite bands per se,but I am fond of that motown sound and a lot of the old time rock and roll that kids in the fifties drove their parents crazy with.I really hate music from modern rock bands such as Limp Bizkit,Nickelback,Third Eye Blind(even though my sis likes a few of their songs I can't stand them Boring Smilie ) and Linken Park Shaking Head Smilie .However,I can never tire of Billy Joel,John Couger Mellencamp or Bruce Springsteen!!We were driving home from a vacation to Estes Park,Colorado, and the only tape I brought to relieve my boredom was Bruce Springsteen's Greatest Hits--I must have listened to the whole thing through 5-6 times,but I liked it better every time I did!
Quote:
Adding on to those who I like would be Zwan
I'm not really into Zwan, but I do love the Smashing Pumpkins!

Quote:
I don't have any favorite bands per se,but I am fond of that motown sound and a lot of the old time rock and roll that kids in the fifties drove their parents crazy with.I really hate music from modern rock bands such as Limp Bizkit,Nickelback,Third Eye Blind(even though my sis likes a few of their songs I can't stand them ) and Linken Park .However,I can never tire of Billy Joel,John Couger Mellencamp or Bruce Springsteen!!We were driving home from a vacation to Estes Park,Colorado, and the only tape I brought to relieve my boredom was Bruce Springsteen's Greatest Hits--I must have listened to the whole thing through 5-6 times,but I liked it better every time I did!
Now for the Motown I salute you, as I think you are only about 13 and as such to be in to some classic class you deserve a round of applause, But for listening to the boss of your own free will, I will have to clean your ears out with soap! Tongue Smilie Wink Smilie
My all time fauvorite band are defenitly Nirvana. The second and third place change quite ofthen though.
Quote:
My all time fauvorite band are defenitly Nirvana. The second and third place change quite ofthen though.

same here! Big Smile Smilie
i'm so happy

so there are people who listen to it. Look Around Smilie
TOOL.
That's all that needs to be said.
My favorite singer is Kasia Kowalska, favorite bands, Grey Eye Glances and La Oreja De Van Gogh.
Welcome to PT Carcharoth, I hope you stick around. Smile Smilie
It has to be Queen, followed by Depeche Mode.

Namarie!
Nirvana will always be no. 1 to me.
long live kurt cobain forever in our hearts
Actually, I agree wholeheartedly about Nirvana, onewiththechainsaw and LadyBlue. Good to see that I'm not alone. I have always liked Nirvana since I first heard "Bleach". Kurt was a great songwriter. If only he had lived to make more of the more bluesy stuff that he was starting to do after Unplugged. My favorite line of his, illustrating his poetic brilliance, is from "Heart-Shaped Box":Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet. Cut myself on angel hair and baby's breath I can't really write the rest because it would be inappropriate for the younger ones...but the gift he had at turning a phrase was insanely brilliant. They definitelt rate as my one of my top three picks.

Also high up there is:Smashing Pumpkins, Coldplay, Blondie, the Pixies, and Concrete Blonde and always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.Smile Smilie

Right now I am super into four extremely talented bands that do not get their share of recognition. Judging by the fact that some of you guys like Nirvana so much, I think you'd really appreciate these groups: 1. The Yeah-Yeah-Yeah's, 2.British Sea Power, 3.Secret Machines, and last but never least, 4. The Scissor Sisters. Try these, you can't go wrong.

I don't just like "modern" or "alternative" rock, though, I also really like "classic" rock, i.e. Led Zepplin, the Moody Blues, Blue Oyster Cult, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, etc...especially early Stones and any Beatles...

I also really like jazz, classical, rap, r&b, blues, and opera...I know, I'm odd...the only type of music I do not like is American country. It sounds like dying animals to me.
My favourite band is....... NZSO!!!! New ZEaland Symphony Orchestra. And my favourite artist is Beethoven. (Alright, they're not really bands or artists, rather orchestras and composers) You asked for my favourite band, which I define as 'music group.'

Bet this is the first time someone has said that on this thread!! Ha Ha Ha Smilie
Oasis / Travis
My favourite band after 20 years is still U2. I am a fan of the Dutch band Blřf. That band is being called the Dutch Counting Crows (just to give you guys an idea of what kinda music they play). I am fond of (Jon) Bon Jovi as well. I am someone who likes to try new bands or singers. So over the years I have added a lot of artists/bands to my favourite list. I value live performanse a lot, if they cannot perform live well, I tend to drop them. Just a selection of what I like Wink Smilie

Live, Pearl Jam, Coldplay, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Metallica, Gun's n Roses, Def Leppard, Venice, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, INXS, Crowded House, Sarah MacLachlan, John Mayer, Robbie Williams, George Michael (Wham too), Joe Cocker, Elvis Costello..... and so on Smile Smilie

I love Oasis, too, Einar!
Excellent taste, Rhapsody. I love U2 also, especially early stuff off of War and the like.

Loni, that qualifies completely if that is your favorite music. Why not? The artists these days would not be what they are without the forefathers of music, Beethoven encluded. You can still hear influences of classical music in rock, rap, pop, jazz sometimes, etc. A great example of this is the rapper Naz's song "I Know I Can", featuring the work of Beethoven(I think), which is basically a classical peice with a beat put over it. A very positive song and the use of the symphony backdrop sounds great. Or "Bittersweet Symphony" by the Verve from 1998, a fantastic rock song, also incorporates a great symphonic backdrop. I could list many others...We owe modern music to classical. That is my theory. Teacher Smilie

I forgot to mention two types of music that I particularly love: Big Band and Swing Music, circa 1925-1947. Great stuff. The newer versions of these kinds of music are generally bland, with exception to The Brian Setzer Orchestra(Brian Setzer was from the Stray Cats, the rockabilly band from the late seventies and early eighties, for those of you who don't know), which is awesome.
Ya Nirvana was sooooo deadly when i was in grade 7 and 8. I don't have favorite band anymore, but i do have a favorite music artist; and that is Tupac aka Makaveli! need i say more?
No please.......

But id like to shake the hand of all the people here that picked LED ZEPPELIN, AC/DC and AEROSMITH!!!!! YEAH, WOOOHOOO!! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie I Orc Grinning Smilie Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie Also id like to add ZZ TOP. And i also like some stuff by BLIND GUARDIAN and MAN O WAR. THEY ARE THE BEST!!!!!!! ( Turin Turambar, if you need an avatar, PM me )
Love the avatar, Rhapsody. Where'd you get it?
Quote:
Love the avatar, Rhapsody. Where'd you get it?
Me thinks she swiped it from the cover of The Mists of Avelon. I approve!

I'm partial to Dave Brubeck, Miles Davis, and of course Vivaldi. Happy Elf Smilie
VIVALDI!!!! HE ROCKS!!!!!!

(Hmmm... I should go looking around for "The Mists of Avalon." Any dwarves in it? Very Big Grin Smilie )
Quote:
Me thinks she swiped it from the cover of The Mists of Avelon. I approve!

Nopes Smile Smilie Livejournal icon communities can be so much fun. Have you guys never watched the mini-series of Mists of Avalon (be aware, I am a huge fan of Marion Zimmer Bradley and her creations) ??? I loved Julianna Marguiles in there (yes I know, not completely true to the book, but oh well, fangirl here). The image is a cut from a scene. Funny that people think that it is Liv.

Etharion, can I PM you as well about an Avatar??
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] >>