Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Dual Chain Game

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > The Dual Chain Game   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] >>
I'm going to say mashed, as you can scoop some up with say a gherkin or something, more taste and variety Smile Smilie

Stripes or Spots? This depends on either you prefer a tiger over a leopard, of which I choose stripes everytime Orc Smiling Smilie
Yes stripes - don't know why but just can't get to grips with spots....... Ha Ha Ha Smilie

Marriage or not
Marriage was good but now I like being single. However marriage is better than just co-habitation.

Ice tea or ice water?
Ice water - I have to have my tea to coin a phrase Tea, Earl Grey, Hot Ha Ha Ha Smilie

To snack or not
Oh, definitely to snack.

Sandwich: Egg Salad or Tuna Fish?
Tuna fish, I can't have egg salad, eating egg makes me very ill, along with dairy products... So egg salad is a no no Orc Smiling Smilie

Jitterbug or Lindy Hop? If you had the choice of either to dance...
Jitterbug

Waltz or Samba ?
Neither, but my partner's toes would have a better chance of survival if it were a waltz..!

Cranberry sauce: jellied or whole berry?
Sorry neither - but I like cranberry drink Wink Smilie

Smilies or not
Cat Smilie Dog Smilie Duck Smilie

white meat or dark meat? (like from a chicken)
Light meat only, please.

North or south?
North

black and white or in between?
I'd rather wear white hat.

mincemeat or pumpkin pie?
pumpkin
To remember to post the next duo or to forget? Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie Not that I've never forgotten. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Of course I remember.....
Orc Grinning SmilieElf Sticking Tounge Out SmilieOrc Grinning Smilie

Listen to one of Mozart's most famous pieces or look at one of Leonardo Da Vinci's most famous pieces?
There can never be too much Mozart.

Cream of potato and leek soup or Stone soup?
Probably cream of potato and leek, but, if you'll forgive my ignorance once again, I don't know if either one, especially Stone soup, is actually an edible product. If so, I'd like to be sent a quart of both in the mail for sampling.

Ups or Fed-Ex...whoops...this is an international site. Paranoid Smilie ...nevermind...

Adams or Vonnegut?
I prefer Adams, but I'm only forty-two (I'm not kidding. I left off on page forty-two at the end of a chapter) pages into my first Vonnegut book, Cat's Cradle.

Beware of Ice-nine!
Adams, if you mean Douglas Adams. I never could get into Kurt Vonnegut, neither his books nor the movies made from same.

Steel engraving or woodcuts

Stone soup is where the main ingredients are a large river stone (weighing about i kilo or 2 pounds) and a pot of water. The other ingredients are whatever is on hand and never includes the scarce commodity of meat. Often only salt and pepper.
Quote:
Stone soup is where the main ingredients are a large river stone (weighing about i kilo or 2 pounds) and a pot of water. The other ingredients are whatever is on hand and never includes the scarce commodity of meat. Often only salt and pepper.

It's amazing what you can do with stones - I've had a hot stone massage today - but I wouldn't put them in a soup after...l.o.l......

Woodcuts - seems to have more life.

Pedicure or Manicure
Pedicure (and my podiatrist doesn't do nail polish.

An imitation Christmas tree or a fresh cut natural one?
I'd love a real one - but have never had any luck with them - the needles keep falling Wink Smilie

In the chocolate box - hard or soft centres
Soft, except for the ones with nuts.

Orange rinds or banana skins?
Orange rinds. They're less hazardous.

Tapestries or rugs?
Definatly tapestries as they're very intricate!

Hot weather or cold weather?
Cold, I can't sleep when it is hot.

Banana nut bread or zucchini nut bread?
Banana (we just finished a batch of zuke bread so a change sounds nice).

Traditional carols or new modern ones?
Traditional carols. Smiling Santa Smilie Ones like Walt Kelly's
Quote:
Deck us all with Boston Charlie,
Walla walla, Wash., an' Kalamazoo!
Nora's freezin' on the trolley,
Swaller dollar caulifower alley'garoo!

Don't we know archaic barrel,
Lullaby lilla boy, Louisville Lou?
Trolley Molly don't love Harold,
Boola boola Pensacoola hullabaloo!

Bark us all Bow-wows of folly,
Polly wolly cracker n' too-da-loo!
Donkey Bonny brays a carol,
Antelope Cantaloup, 'lope with you!

Hunky Dory's pop is lolly gaggin' on the wagon,
Willy, folly go through!
Chollie's collie barks at Barrow,
Harum scarum five alarum bung-a-loo!

Duck us all in bowls of barley,
Hinky dinky dink an' polly voo!
Chilly Filly's name is Chollie,
Chollie Filly's jolly chilly view halloo!

Bark us all bow-wows of folly,
Double-bubble, toyland trouble! Woof, Woof, Woof!
Tizzy seas on melon collie!
Dibble-dabble, scribble-scrabble! Goof, Goof, Goof!

-from page 141 of The Best of Pogo edited by Mrs. Walt Kelly and Bill Crouch, Jr. with Introduction by Gary Trudeau. ISBN 0-671-42796-2

Smiling Santa Smilie

Tree toppers: Angel or Star?
I like stars since it's what I remember from childhood but we have a cute little angel that we've used for the last 29 years.

Roast beef or turkey?
Roast Beef Cool Smilie

Thanksgiving or New Year?
Thanksgiving; I've never had to feel ashamed of my actions while being inebriated after the turkey dinner.

White rice or Wild rice
Definantly have to go with the White Rice on that one, but it was a close vote

Gondor or Rohan
I'm gonna go with Rohan myself Big Smile Smilie
Yes, Rohan by a horse hair, much more romantic, don't you think?

For a pet: a Frog or a Snake?
Probably a Snake, to scare everyone, it's also a better defense than a baseball bat if your house is being broken into Orc Smiling Smilie

Darts or Snooker? The more traditional Pub games Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
Well, I never seemed to get the handle on darts, so probably snooker as I've played both billiards and eight-ball.

Lemon sherbet or Raspberry sherbet?
I very much dislike sherbert. Funny, my best friend could eat an entire carton in one day!

Cold Cereal or Hot Cereal?
I'd have to choose hot cereal! Great for typical cold English mornings!!

Healthy food or "not-so-healthy" food? (Not naming any particular fast food restaurants) Wink Smilie
Not-so-healthy, you can't beat a lazy day with a pizza next to you... and before the *tut*ing starts, it comes with a salad Wiggle Smilie

Fountain Pen or Biro?
Thin Fiber Tip

Peach or Apricot?
I don't know, I'm not a huge fan of either, but I would rather have a peach. Big Smile Smilie

Cold Weather or Warm Weather?
Warm weather, but not hot: around 75°F (24°C) is best for me.

Colored Christmas tree lights or twinkly white ones.
COLOURS

fruit cake or shorbread?
Shortbread

Sugar cookies or Chocolate Chip cookies?
Sugar for me!
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Roast Duck or Roast Pork
Pork,please.

Eggnog or spiced cider?
Either will go down good when the weather is cold, but I guess I'll start with the spiced cider. Thanks.

Caviar or raw oysters?
Urrgh. Neither!!

A Mug of Tea or a Mug of Coffee to warm your hands
Either as hand-warmers; however, I'm more inclined to drink the tea than the coffee unless it is still morning and I need a stronger wake-me-up. Good Morning Smilie

Gingerbread topped with whipped cream or Strawberry Cheesecake?
Oooo Gingerbread! I haven't had any for ages!!

Smooth bedsheets or flannel?
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] >>