Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: what character would you be.

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > what character would you be.   
I would like to be galadriel, but if not I would be suited with any elf in ME!
Hmm...I would like to be Galadriel or Gandalf, but they are high and powerful and I don't know if I could go through everything they did to get where they were at the time of LotR.
So though I would like to be Gandalf or Galadriel, I think I would be most comfortable and enjoy myself more if I were Merry or Pippin or Bilbo. I would also like to be Legolas.
Quote:
I would also like to be Legolas.
Not me; because once he had been to Pelargir and heard the cry of the seagulls, everything changed for him and he could no longer enjoy life among the trees. Sad Smilie
That is a worthy point Grondy. However, I think he had a happy life among the trees while it lasted, and he seemed fairly content to help Aragorn beautify Minas Tirith before he set sail. It seemed to me that it before hearing the gulls Legolas could not understand why the Sea lured away so many of his people. After he heard them for himself, he understood better and knew that there really were beautiful things beyond Middle-Earth.
And just as a quick note, after thinking about it a bit I think I'd rather be Elrond than Galadriel.
I'd like to be Arwen, or Galadriel, or Eowyn, but I think I'd be best suited as a hobbit, probably Merry or Pippin, the annoying tag-a-long!
After some considerable consideration, I have chosen to be either Haldir, Legolas, Arwen, or Galadriel. But then there's Pippin too...and Frodo...Ack! I can't decide between them! Pick one and that'll work.
I'd like to be FŽanor. He didn't last long, but at least he did some great things.
it would be to sad to be frodo or sam. but i would like to be Laura Baggins Wink Smilie [bilbo's grandmother] or arwen. the only problem with arwen is that almost every gal wants to be her. i would most enjoy being a hobbit lass Big Smile Smilie or Luthien Wink Smilie . i know luthien's life is just as sad as frodo & sam more or less but oh well. Sad Smilie i would enjoy more than these people be my very own hobbit lass that no one had ever heard of and lived in the shire her whole life. i would be content with that. Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie

[Edited on 2/8/2003 by EvithianEhtmire]
I'd like to be Gandalf or Frodo; we're so familiar. But I'd probably have to say Frodo; since Gandalf was the Wanderer; he didn't have a home or any real 'friends,' just allies and acquantainces. :'(
I would most certainly be Eowyn. She is by far the most beautiful creature upon Arda, to me, and she is very brave and I would really really like to be like her. She's a rolemodel.
I would have to say Eoywn. Shes not perfect,and I feel like I am the most like her,or Sam for that matter. I agree with you Aire.
Eowyn, I didn`t want to be immortal becoz I wouldn`t want to see every1 dieing. She is beautiful and she has skills when it comes to fighting with swords, I hope...
lol Sheryl, I thought you would say: a gil who knows Orli...
As to me I would be...uhh let's see...Faramir no doubt of that, and if not, I think I'd like to be Eomer...Hey, I'd be Sheryl's brother...creepy... Wink Smilie
I would be the Mouth of Sauron. Yes, that is a person.
Quote:
I would be the Mouth of Sauron. Yes, that is a person.
Well, his horse was cool in a horrid way, but I think I would like to remember my name rather than being the major-domo of Barad-dur.
Quote:
since Gandalf was the Wanderer; he didn't have a home or any real 'friends,' just allies and acquantainces.
I see Gandalf as one with many friends, even if he had to travel to a lot of unpleassent places, the road would always lead him to a loving friend and friendly faces. Frodo and Bilbo really loved him and being with them and their childlike carefreenes must have brought much joy to a worried soul.

Elrond is more on Gandalfs intellectual level, more ecual. So is Galadriel and Celeborn. With them he can discuss the problems of the world, getting another perspective of things, hearing news from scouts, as well as getting rest and healing from the magic in Rivendell and Lothlorien. Having the Three elven Rings would also bring Elrond, Galadriel and Gandalf toghether, as the Rings had powers few knew.

Aragorn is a wanderer much like Gandalf, also wise, kind and has great knowledge of what goes on on the world in addition to knowing where to go and who to find there. I suspect the two of them walked together when they could.

We also have the people of Dale and the dwarves welcoming him with open arms, every elf he met on his travels would great him as a friend, Beorn would great him and share his home. Radagast was his friend and a maia like himself, Gwaihir and his people/eagles were also Gandalfs friends, seeing them far up in the skys must have felt reassuring. Even the ents knew him.

Gandalf wasn't sent to be the Wanderer, he could have found a home if he wanted to, but he chose not to because of this love for Middle Earth and all of the creatures and people living there. He had a home with his friends but his real home was in Valinor where he came from. There the Wanderer could finally rest when his work in Middle Earth was over, and the lucky guy got to go there on the same boat as his closest friends.
i would love to be a ranger. U know the lands and u get to carry swords and arrows around. Anyway, i would love to be a nyt charcter because their all awsome!
Galadriel as the Dark Queen - "All shall love me and despair!"

Quote:
I'd like to be FŽanor. He didn't last long, but at least he did some great things.

WOW! I didn't see that coming, Vir!

As for me, I'll just say... NO COMMENT!
I would probably be Galandriel, but any elf is fine with me!!!!!
What about Helm, he killed a man with one punch! And in the great siege of Helms Deep (named after Helm of course) he went out in the snow to hunt the enemy with his bare hands Super Scared Smilie .
Yup, good old Helm. Nice guy, a real family man. Orc Going Huh Smilie

Quote:
Well, his horse was cool in a horrid way, but I think I would like to remember my name rather than being the major-domo of Barad-dur.

His horse? What was wrong with his horse?! I can't remember anything about his horse! Shocked Smilie What did he do to it? Ugh, it didn't have two noses or something did it? He didn't dye it pink did he? Somebody tell meeeeee! I can't remember. Very Sad Smilie
Sorry, Halo, I don't recall it either. Let's just say I don't get the point, which is closer to the truth. Tongue Smilie

I would like to be Gandalf. Or Treebeard. But that is waaay out of my league. Pity.
Faramir-Dunedian, high line of descent, awesome fighting skillz, part maia
or Glorfindel-Elf lordElf Smilie
Steal mine, then! I guess the fact I'm a girl might interfere with things. Oh, well. Faramina. Oh, well, you can be a boy or a girl in dreams. Heeheehee. (Everyone starts looking real strange at Loni) Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie
I would be Gandalf. The wise,kind wizard. There are no females I would wish to be in Lord of The Rings,though...
it aint a question of who i want to be
i have a very Boromir like attitude/reactions
Oh, really? Hi, big bro!
there are people i would less want to be related to than u(most of them R my relatives)
I would probably have to say arwen. I mean i would prefer to be a hobbit but unfotunately I look exactly like arwen (with an Aussie twist) and get teased by my friends because of it. It is actually quite annoying.
I am happy to be just a participant in the pellenor battle any guy a foot soldier even. I don't think i could handle the reponsibily of being a main character.
i'm not sure, but I'd like to be a main character, and the best one to be would be Eowyn, because she doesn't care whether she dies or not, and so it would be okay going into battle and almost dying, because hey, that's what she went into battle for in the first place. And although she gets hurt emotionally against her will, she is soon consoled by getting married to Faramir.
I would most closely associate myself with Melian, because she loved elvish kind and mortals and chose to live with the latter. She was also very powerful, though her choice of husband was questionable...she was fair(in the sense of being just, not beautiful) and had extraordinary foresight. Either that or I would be the Watcher in the Water, just to freak people out at the gate of Moria! Very Big Grin Smilie