Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: What are you listening to?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > What are you listening to?   [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] >>
Concerto Madrigal by Joaquin Rodrigo from EMI's four disc The Rodrigo Edition Conducted by Enrique Batiz
The gurgle of the aquirium and the hum of the computer
Xenon Codex by Hawkwind
'All Things Considered' - National Public Radio's evening news broadcast
i was listening to: "i could have danced all night" from my fair lady.

i am listening to: "A man for all seasons" from johnny english.

i will be listeing to: "Love song for a Savior" by jars of clay.
I'm listening to "18 bullet holes" by Waterdeeep
and Jack Johnson
Adult education, by Hall and Oats
ADULT, Adult, education. Be du duh duh duuh duuh du!

Mark & Lard - radio one
Neil young : after the gold rush album
Black Sabbath : Black sabbath
Bootsy Collins - Light it up
Kings of Leon- Youth and Young Manhood, highly reccomended to anyone who hasn't got it.

And All things Considered is a great show Grondy, I heard it on the net a while back when they did a residents special, proving it's not justa snappy title.
Layo + Bushwacka - Brass
Im jaming to Collective Soul--Preciouse Declarition.
Trapt--Headstrong
I love that song Tongue Smilie
I`m listening to: Get Busy-by Sean Paul.
Collective Soul(again)--Maybe
Like Glue-Sean Paul
No holding back-Wayne Wonder
Business- eminem
Now I`m just listening top a load of swearing! LOL! (Still listening though...)
Well Iím sure like a lot of people what I listen to changes on an almost daily basis, although as Iíve stated before, the vast majority of what I listen to is Jazz and Blues. Albums to me are like flavors, and on different days, Iím in different moods for different flavors. I try to listen to at least a few albums everyday. I stopped listening to the radio a long time ago.

Anyway, one album that I basically havenít been able to get out of my CD player for like the last three weeks is an album called Sergio and Odair Assad play Piazzolla! I cannot say enough good things about this record! Itís absolutely mind blowing! Sergio and Odair Assad are brothers originally from Brazil (now based out of Europe), and they play classical guitar, but also infuse elements of Jazz, and Latin music into their playing. These guys are insane! They are true masters, and are regarded to be the finest guitar duo in the entire world. Theyíve been playing, and studying since they were little kids, and they even studied under a guy who was a student of Segoviaís for like seven years.

Astor Piazzolla was a famous Tango style composer from Brazil (he passed away around 10 years ago), and was a big influence on the Assad brothers. This album features the Assadís playing his compositions, including the incredible Tango Suite, which Piazzolla wrote specifically for them after seeing them play at a party in his honor in Paris in 1983. The Assad brothers are also accompanied by violin, and bandoneon on some of the tracks (including Nadja Salerno-Sonnenberg on one of the tracks, who is regarded as one of the finest violin players in the entire world). This album is a complete tour de force, and I highly recommend it for anyone out there with an open mind, or anyone who is looking to broaden their musical horizons. This album is one of those things that I kind of randomly stumbled across, that has ended up being one of those rare gems, and now is one of my most beloved, and treasured albums in my entire collection. Truly one of the best albums ever recorded, and definitely some of the most amazing playing I have ever heard in my entire life!!!!

Some other records Iíve been listening to I guess a little bit more than others in the past week or so are Son House-The Complete 1965 Sessions, Lightniní Hopkins-Blues In My Bottle, Sonny Terry-Sonny Is King, and Gershwinís-Greatest Hits among many other things.
Elf Smilie
'Switchback' and the rest of the album 'Free Fall' by Jesse Cook. I guess it is "Flamenco meets World-beat".
Texas Flood-Stevie Ray Vaughan
Soundgarden - Fell on Black Days
Massive Attack - Future Proof

The last one finished just as I posted.
Right now I have on the Music Choice channels of DTV. I am listening to the Soundscapes channel...new agey stuff. The rock channels are just too poorly sorted, IMO, and they play the same artist over and over.
ok, I`m singing to myself at the moment bc my mum won`t let me put on the music yet, until later...I`ll put it on in about 10 mins.

Then I`ll post u, I`ll probably be listening to Watne Wonder-No holding back-or Eminem-Business...Depens wot CD`s in my DVD player.
Im listning to the Christian music radio station Orc Smiling Smilie
Semisonic - Secret Smile
I was listening to a whole album of Eminem.

Smile Smilie
Eminem - Stimulate
Right now I'm playing Aerosmith, but my mom is playing the Beatles, and my bro Cam is playing Mudvayne, so it sounds kinda weird when you don't focus on one... Big Laugh Smilie
Quote:
[Right now I'm playing Aerosmith, but my mom is playing the Beatles, and my bro Cam is playing Mudvayne, so it sounds kinda weird when you don't focus on one...

Lol Andrea!
Im just listning to the crickets and locust singing there song.
Quote:
Texas Flood-Stevie Ray Vaughan

D#$n good album!!! Stevie is one of my favs!!!

Quote:
but my mom is playing the Beatles

All right Mom!!! I'm with ya!!!
Elf Smilie

RŲyksopp - Fusions Alright
Al Green, Let's Stay Together.
Leftfield - Swords
P.O.D. -Sleeping Awake; Fluke - Zion; and the Two Towers Soundtrack - The King of the Golden Hall...
I`m listening to my stomache growling at me for food and I`m not even hungry! Smile Smilie

But apart from that I`m listening to: nothing...
Alien Ant Farm - Attitude
I've got nothing better to do, so I'll post here again.

Rage Against the Machine - I'm Housin'
A cover of the original by EPMD
Total silence.
Quote:
Al Green, Let's Stay Together.

Great stuff, AG is one of my R&B favs!

I only managed to listen to one record yesterday (had too much other stuff to do), and that was Dave Brubeck's The Crossing. I'm pretty sure that's his most recent release, although he might have something newer out now, I'm not sure? I got The Crossing back in November of 2001 when I was lucky enough to see the current line-up of The Dave Brubeck Quartet at the Lobero theatre here in SB. The album is top-notch, and at 83 years old, Dave is still on top of his game! Plus alto sax man (also plays flute) Bobby Militello is an absolute monster!

Iím sooo excited because I get to see Brubeck again at the Lobero on August 28th, and with I think the same line-up as last time (maybe a different bass player?), including the sensational Militello. Iím really looking forward to it, as the first time was one of the best shows Iíve ever seen in my entire life. Iíll probably be listening to a lot of Brubeck over the next few weeks.

Right now Iím listening to Louis Armstrong The Complete Hot Five And Hot Seven Recordings (recorded between Nov.1925 and March 1929). Today would have been Satchmoís 102 birthday so I have to listen to Satch today as he is one my greatest idols, and biggest influences. Iíve got tons of Louisís stuff, but The Complete Hot Five And Hot Seven Recordings are my favorite, so thatís what Iím running! Donít know if Iíll have the time to make it through all four discs in the set today (89 tracks in all), but Iím going to try. Coronet Chop Suey!!!!
Tongue Smilie

Quote:
Right now Iím listening to Louis Armstrong The Complete Hot Five And Hot Seven Recordings (recorded between Nov.1925 and March 1929). Today would have been Satchmoís 102 birthday so I have to listen to Satch today as he is one my greatest idols, and biggest influences. Iíve got tons of Louisís stuff, but The Complete Hot Five And Hot Seven Recordings are my favorite, so thatís what Iím running! Donít know if Iíll have the time to make it through all four discs in the set today (89 tracks in all), but Iím going to try. Coronet Chop Suey!!!!

Fun fun fun! I love that album!
Right now I'm not listening to anything except that clicky noise when you type. Smile Smilie
Nothing, but I'm whistling Happy Birthday, for some reason.
Well.. it's a swedish song really... Orup - Magaluf.
Oh, now it just changed! Tina Turner - Private Dancer.
Aah, winamp is good. Smile Smilie
It keeps you runnin-Doobie Bros.
Love this song, reminds me of Forrest Gump
The Stranglers - Golden Brown
Minute by minute- Doobie Bros
Chaka Demus and Pliers - Murder She Wrote
  [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] >>