Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: What are you listening to?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > What are you listening to?   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] >>
I'm listening to Charles Mingus, Mood Indigo Smoke Smilie
Dance all around the world, B.L.U.R.T.A
School's out for summer, Alice Cooper
All hail, King Alice.
Rhodry, I don't know where you're located, but if you are in the U.S. somewhere, then chances are that on one of your local radio stations is the "Alice Cooper Nights" show, if you haven't already found it. He has the funniest radio show around, as far as I'm concerned. The show is nationally syndicated, so I hope it's available to you. Otherwise, check out the website, www.alicecoopernights.com.

Right now I am listening to Queen's "I Want To Break Free". Rest in peace, Freddy.
My favourite song of all time:

Blind Guardian - Mordred's song
Evanescence- Fallen and Korn repetitively.
Myself singing 'Lucky lips', earworm, but I don't really mind.
Lucky lips are always kissing, lucky lips are never blue...
slipknot - duality
I am listening to Lightnin' Hopkins, Gamblers Blues (really good stuff) next up is Tito Puente, Sunflowers. Cool Elf Smilie
Right now I am listening to John Lennon's "Jealous Guy" and that song always makes me cry-I think it's the melody. Sappy, yes. I know it is said all the time, but I honestly feel the world was robbed when he was murdered. It always seems that the "good die young". Not that he should be held up as a god or as idol, he did have his faults, as we all do, but it is nice to remember the good things about someone after they go.

Sorry, it is easy to go off on a tangeant when you feel passionately about something. And yes, I am a silly old sap. Boring Smilie Rolling Eyes Smilie
Quote:
I am listening to Lightnin' Hopkins, Gamblers Blues (really good stuff)

You bet it is! I love Lightnin', definitely one of my fav's, and a huge influence! Right now I'm listening to Mance Lipscomb, the album entitled Texas Songster.
Cool Elf Smilie
Quote:
Right now I am listening to John Lennon's ...

Laurelindhe, funny, right when I read your post, 'Imagine' came on... John Lennon (in my opinion) was a great musicion. One of my favorites.
Quote:
Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

^ One of my favourite songs, also. Smile Smilie
How about Momento March by SChubert? THE COOLEST!!! Second best piece in the world. (The best one I wrote when I was seven)
DEUdeudeu DEUdeudeu..........
(Lightnin Hopkins)
Quote:
definitely one of my fav's, and a huge influence

I wholeheartedly agree! I love how he can take a simple melody and a few words and make them so soulful. He has great expression in his voice. Especially in a song like I'm Beggin You. A true master! Cool Elf Smilie

Now I am listening to Billie Holliday, Lady Sings the Blues.
Lady Sings the Blues is a bonafide classic. Billie's voice was so sultry and filled with the tribulations of life-you can feel her emotions through her music. She and Nina Simone are my all-time favorite female jazz/bluesy singers. Good taste, Melian.

Right now, I am listening to something infinitely less cool...Blue's Clues-thanks, kids. At least now we have all three clues and it will end soon!
I'm listening to: Blind Guardian - Mr. Sandman

Very funny Smile Smilie
Quote:
Now I am listening to Billie Holliday, Lady Sings the Blues.

Quote:
Lady Sings the Blues is a bonafide classic. Billie's voice was so sultry and filled with the tribulations of life-you can feel her emotions through her music. She and Nina Simone are my all-time favorite female jazz/bluesy singers. Good taste, Melian.

Billie Holiday is my favorite singer of all time bar none! Nina Simone is one of my favís too, when Nina passed away, I wrote a big bio about her and posted it on this site somewhere? Maybe if I find it again Iíll leave a link here if anyone wants to read it again.

Both of you ladies (Melian & Laurelindhe ilmarin) seem to have excellent taste in music from what Iíve seen so far! Itís always refreshing to see others who arenít blindly following MTV, Top 40 radio, and the major record label influence.

Anyway, just finished listening to the album Fats Waller, At The Piano (bluebirdís best)!
Smoke Smilie
Quote:
Nina Simone is one of my favís too, when Nina passed away, I wrote a big bio about her and posted it on this site somewhere? Maybe if I find it again Iíll leave a link here if anyone wants to read it again.

Please do post the link again, Elfstone. I would love to read it.
I stopped listening to the radio long ago, and can't stand MTV. I finally heard the Assad Bros play Piazzolla. . . Wow! They play as one person. Absolutely amazing. Thanks for the recomendation. Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie
I am curious to hear them play classical music. I think they have an album of Scarlatti others of the Baroque period. I am sure it is amazing!

Anyway, I am listening to the Little League World Series on TV.
I am listening to David by Nellie McKay. Great lyricist, she is. Catchy tunes, too, though I don't know what you would classify her under...probably shouldn't at all...

BBC News - The World Today which we get at 7 PM (2 AM GMT) from our local PBS radio station.
Fire and Rain by James Taylor - one of the saddest songs I've ever heard.

Quote:
I've seen fire and I've seen rain,
I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end,
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend
But I always thought that I'd see you again

Quote:
Susie Schnerr was a friend from JTīs Greenwich Village days. She committed suicide while he was in London recording his debut album but his friends didnīt want to bring him down during his big break, so they kept it from him until later.

www.james-taylor.com/
Quote:
Susie Schnerr was a friend from JTīs Greenwich Village days. She committed suicide while he was in London recording his debut album but his friends didnīt want to bring him down during his big break, so they kept it from him until later.

That is so sad! Very Sad Smilie
That is a terribly sad bit of trivia. It's a shame that it takes something as awful as that to inspire such a fantastic song. May her soul find rest.

I am listening to The Nutcracker Suite by Tchakovsky(spelling?). Yes, I know it's not Christmas yet, but I love to hear it any time of the year...
http://prt.psp.ee/olympics.swf
I'm watching/ listening to this, it's actually quite amusing... Big Laugh Smilie
Alice's Restraunt by Arlo Guthrie, a tale of what happens to you if you are a litter bug.
Tom Dooley by The Kingston Trio
Howlin' Wolf, His Best! Smoke Smilie
Black Sabboth, Planet Caravan. Cool Smilie
Some political convention taking place in NYC, and with whose platform I heartily disagree. Boring Smilie
Well, I'M listening to my Beethoven CD. Now, when i play the piece he's playing my tempo is dee.......dee.......dee......dee..... (Well, not that slow, but in comparison). And his tempo is dedededederdededededededededededededededededede. AAAAAAARGGGGGH! Now if it was to be that fast, why didn't Beethoven put prestissimo instead of Allegro? Silly old Jeno Jando.
The warm and comforting sound of the washing machine. *sigh*
My 1996 rendition of Beethoven's Third Symphony (Eroica), the first major composition I transcribed for my Commodore 64 computer where only six instruments can play at any one time, three on the left and three on the right. Believe it or not, it worked and I received money for its 42 minutes of playing time from LOADSTAR disk magazine.
CD #3 on my car player has.....

Policemen & Pirates - Ocean Colour Scene
What's the Frequency, Kenneth? - REM
Beautiful day - U2
Day Tripper - The Beatles
Supervixen - Garbage
Laura - Scissor Sisters
2000 Miles - The Pretenders
Start Up - Jools Holland
Everywhere - Fleetwood Mac
Get Myself Arrested - Gomez
Baby How Long? - John Hammon
10 Miles to go on a 9 Mile Road - Jim White
An English Folk with Fiddles track - no idea who it is by
Superstraight - Regurgitator
Take Your Mama - Scissors Sisters
Can't Get Enough of Your Love - Bad Company
Daphne - John Paul Jones
Lessons in Love - Level 42
Hey, how's this for a playlist??

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Outside - Staind
Jeremy - Pearl Jam
Down In A Hole - Alice In Chains
Highway Star - Deep Purple
In The Flesh - Pink Floyd
The Thin Ice - Pink Floyd
Another Brick In The Wall (Part 1) - Pink Floyd
War Pigs - Black Sabbath
Sway - Coal Chamber
Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
Crawling In The Dark - Hoobastank
Hanger 18 - Megadeath
The Crush Of Love - Joe Satriani

Sad Smilie There is no Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers or Steve Vai because I lost my CD Sad Smilie

And by the way, this is one CD I listen to when I'm not feeling anything :d
McCoy Tyner, the album entitled Jazz Roots. Smoke Smilie
Excellent Elfstone!

Right now I am listening to Alice Coltrane, Blue Nile.
I'm chilling to a bit of Cyclone by Tangerine Dream. It's been a while since I last heard it, but when I rediscovered it in the bottom of my tape box, I just had to put it on. I can see me playing this a lot over the coming few weeks.
Foxy lady, by Jimi Hendrix.........**Here I come baby, I'm comin ta get youuu**
Ohh, and now*computer games* by My S*x
Sentenced - Guilt and Regret
System of a Down - Aerials
The History Channel on TV,
Computer fan, fluorescent lights, and refrigerater compressor.
The typing of my keyboard, air conditioning, and a song called "Corpone Brunch" by a great progressive jazz band called Tortoise, you guys should check them out
Okay, Mr. King. Yes, I recognise your name straight away. Heeheehee.

Well, I am listening to MYSELF (as usual) playing the most beautiful piece of music ever invented. Sonata Quasi una Fantasia, better known as Moonlight Sonata, by Batty Beety. (Beethoven). I've learnt the first page, and I only got it yesterday. I love it! Down with Sonata Pathetique in C Minor! Up with Moonlight Sonata in C-sharp Minor! All the pieces I have ever learned DO NOT COMPARE!!!!!!!!!!
C minor? You've got to be kidding me! E minor is by far the best, and then c major. NO contest.

Oh yeah, now I'm listening to a band called Karl Denson's Tiny Universe (amazing jazz), and the hum of my computer.
At the moment im listening to Missy Higgins, her album is amazing, it's called the sound of white. I don't know if it has been released over seas yet, but she is brilliant.
at the moment I'm listening to *Donnie Darko* play in the back ground, quite a few good 80s songs in the sound track.
More of A Canticle for Leibowitz.
Rafaga... though not by my choice!

Gonna listen to some LotR sdtk when I get home!
Oakland A's at Seattle Mariners, 4th inning, no score.
Blind Guardian - And Then There Was Silence
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] >>