Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: What are you listening to?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > What are you listening to?   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] >>
Apocalyptica - Farewell
Narnia Soundtrack -amazing!
Alanis Morisette- Ironic .. Great one ( I think )
listening to annoying sound of the computer when its working
Open Source via KUOW2 and kuow.org
the Memoirs of a Geisha soundtrack..."A new name...a new life"
AND IM STILL LISTENING TO THAT ANNOYING SOUND OF THE COMPUTER!!
Good Charlotte - It Wasn't Enough, a classic???
James-Blunt you`re beatiful
(i love that song)((AND I CANT HEAR THE ANNOYING SOUND!))(((HOORAY!)))

AmaroK playlist

current
amarok

playlist of floyd_n_milan

ArtistTitleAlbumTrackNoLengthGenreScore
Blind GuardianFlyFly (Single) 5:45 Power Metal97
Blind GuardianPrecious JerusalemA Night At The Opera 6:22 Power Metal92
Blind GuardianAnd Then There Was SilenceA Night At The Opera 14:08 Power Metal88
Blind GuardianNightfallNightfall In Middle-Earth 5:35 Power Metal98
Blind GuardianThe MinstrelNightfall In Middle-Earth 0:32 Power Metal94
Blind GuardianThe Curse Of FŽanorNightfall In Middle-Earth 5:41 Power Metal95
Blind GuardianBlood TearsNightfall In Middle-Earth 5:25 Power Metal95
Blind GuardianMirror MirrorNightfall In Middle-Earth 5:06 Power Metal94
Blind GuardianNoldor (Dead Winter Reigns)Nightfall In Middle-Earth 6:51 Power Metal97
Blind GuardianTime Stands Still (At The Iron Hill)Nightfall In Middle-Earth 4:54 Power Metal95
Blind GuardianThe EldarNightfall In Middle-Earth 3:39 Power Metal97
Blind GuardianBright EyesThe Forgotten Tales 4:20 Power Metal94
Blind GuardianLord Of The RingsThe Forgotten Tales 3:57 Power Metal94
Blind GuardianMordred's SongThe Forgotten Tales 5:16 Power Metal96
Blind GuardianImaginations From The Other SideImaginations From The Other Side 7:18 Power Metal94
Blind GuardianA Past And Future SecretImaginations From The Other Side 3:47 Power Metal88
Blind GuardianThe Script For My RequiemImaginations From The Other Side 6:09 Power Metal92
Blind GuardianMordred's SongImaginations From The Other Side 5:28 Power Metal94
Blind GuardianBright EyesImaginations From The Other Side 5:15 Power Metal
Blind GuardianThe Quest For TanelornSomewhere Far Beyond 5:55 Power Metal92
Blind GuardianAshes To AshesSomewhere Far Beyond 6:01 Power Metal88
Blind GuardianThe Bard's Song: In the ForestSomewhere Far Beyond 3:11 Power Metal95
Blind GuardianTraveler In TimeTales From The Twilight World 6:02 Power Metal88
Blind GuardianLord Of The RingsTales From The Twilight World 3:18 Power Metal92
Blind GuardianThe Last CandleTales From The Twilight World 6:02 Power Metal88
Blind GuardianBanish From SanctuaryFollow The Blind 5:29 Power Metal94
Blind GuardianValhallaFollow The Blind 4:58 Power Metal88

Moderator Smilie Grondy says: Please don't use html in this forum; only use our bulletin board code per Grep's request. Moderator Smilie
"Another holy war" and "Hall of the King" should be in that list too, Floyd. Not to mention, "Into the Storm" and "Journey through the Dark".
"if it were up to me" by rooney. Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie
I didn't know Wayne Rooney had a band. That lad keeps on surprising, doesn't he.
Quote:
Grondy says: Please don't use html in this forum; only use our bulletin board code per Grep's request.

*Bows*. Thy wish be my command.

Quote:
"Another holy war" and "Hall of the King" should be in that list too, Floyd. Not to mention, "Into the Storm" and "Journey through the Dark".

Yeah actually I thought about the other three and forgot "Hall Of The King". I think I'll add them. I guess I wasn't in the mood for those three songs when I made up the playlist.
Quote:
I didn't know Wayne Rooney had a band. That lad keeps on surprising, doesn't he.
sure.

Nazareth - Broken Down Angel
my dad used to listen to them when he was about my age...
The Doors self titled debut album, truly a stunning first album, right up there with Are You Experienced?, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Dire Straits.

"The West is the best."
Canons Guitar Guy

you have to watch this i havnt stopped watching it yet its amazing

So..... What do ya think???
PRI's The Tavis Smiley Show via KUOW2 via kuow.org.
Fallen by Sarah McLachlan( What a voice ...)
The Birthday Massacre ~ Lovers End. highly psychotic and scary, but then again I'm a goth so I can take it!!

"1, 2, 3, 4... underneath cellar floor
5, 6, 7, 8... lover will suffocate."

yeah, I'm a freak...
The Open Source radio program via KUOW2 and kuow.org. Today it's about imigration and migrant workers.
My daughter cleaning her room - banging doors etc....My cats crying for tea....
Secret Garden - a norwegian/irish band ( Rolf LÝvland and Fionna ?) it sort of Celtic style I think
Anyone heard of them ?
No, but I'll try to find a site with them on as I love Celtic music.
I have a couple of tracks by them but unfortunately I am unable to listen to them as the server they are on seems to have gone AWOL. Pah!

So instead I am listening to some moody music by The Dandy Warhols - Come Down. Wonderful. Was also listening to Vast. No idea who they are but I like them. Anyone know anything about them?
Now moved on to Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb.... Mmmmmm....
Quote:
Secret Garden - a norwegian/irish band ( Rolf LÝvland and Fionna ?) it sort of Celtic style I think
Anyone heard of them ?

Didn't they win the Eurovision song contest for Norway a couple of years ago?
PRI's Open Source where they are discussing 'The Death and Life of Jane Jacobs' who wrote The Death and Life of Great American Cities.
Quote:
Secret Garden - a norwegian/irish band (

I went onto Amazon and listened (still listening) to some tracks - wow, really good. Reminds me of some of the music from Lord of the Dance, saw that at Wembley.

Will now be buying a Secret Garden CD.

Thanks Mellon :o)
Has anyone checked out Andrea Bocelli? His songs are very soothing and sort of lulling. His voice...I can't say it's AMAZING or STUNNING, but it is sensational in his soft smooth way. And it's cool that he sings in a language I don't understand, because then I can imagine what the words mean. "Cuando Me Enamoro" is most definitely my favourite. He sang a lot of songs with Sarah Brightman, and in every one of these duets I find Sarah Brightman's voice highly (literally) annoying.
Quote:
He sang a lot of songs with Sarah Brightman, and in every one of these duets I find Sarah Brightman's voice highly (literally) annoying.

Then you must've really hated The phantom of the opera. She's a soprano for something.
This morning's podcast of WBUR.org's Only a Game hosted by Bill Littlefield.
Quote:
Will now be buying a Secret Garden CD .Thanks Mellon

Your most welcome Maydmarion Smile Smiliemy pleasureSmile Smilie
Quote:
Didnt they win the Eurovision contest for Norway a couple of years ago?

Time goes fast VirumorSmile Smilie Its 10 years ago Smile Smilie I personnally think their music is getting better by the years Smile Smilie
I am now listening to a Secret Garden CD called Dreamcatcher - I really like their music.

Thanks again to Mellon (Friend) Big Smile Smilie
Again your most welcome MaySmile SmilieIm currently listening to the misic of the trailer from the Davinci code as Im watching it a the same timeSmile Smilie
Currently My Own Prison and Human Clay the whole soundtrack (not at the same time, although...lol) both by Creed...so what if im a Rebel...

(my ENTIRE family likes Country music...i personally think the artists they listen to are a bunch of old men who are whining about things they cant change...wimps)
Right now, "Hump de Bump" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers off of their new Stadium Arcadium which is AMAZING!!! if you like RHCP make sure to check it out!
My 1996 rendition of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony.

I really should get back to making music again. Especially as earlier in the year, Elly pointed me to an online score of Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture" and she translated its instructional notes from the Russian for me.

I've been bogged down in Mozart's Violin Concerto in D Major, K.218 trying to fit the horn and oboe parts in after finishing the string parts and then finding insufficent room the way I had it arranged. Being limited to only six instruments playing at any one time can put a crimp in the works. I'll probably have do a little judicious swapping of the second violins, violas and first and second oboes in those passages where the oboes are playing an octave above thye violins.

I like listening to Mozart, but his music is too fiddley, when it comes to minimalizing it; Vivaldi and Bach are much easier to do. Of course it took me two weeks of fiddling with the 'Malaguena' from Ravel's 'Rapsodie Espagnole'. That was two weeks for one-and-a-half minutes worth of music: he kept changing instruments every two bars and my having to adjust their volumes for a good blend was a nightmare. Oh well, that's done and it came out very well. And I can finish the Mozart when and if I've a mind toit.
'A Horse with no Name' by America la la lalalala la la la Very Mad Smilie oh now it's the next one 'I Need You' lol
Our national song "Ja , vi elsker "( translated:Yes we love..)on the radio , simply because its Norways national day this very daySmile Smilie
Pary SmiliePary Smilie
Delta Lady by Joe Cocker
"The Hidden Histories of Slavery" live via www.radioopensource.org
Sting - he has a very sexy, dreamy voice mmmmmm
The Senate confirmation hearing for General Michael Hayden, nominated to be director of the Central Intelligence Agency, via NPR.
seven curses by Bob Dylan, who cares if he cant sing very well? he plays like a god and composes like a god to
hes like, the god of folk
which means the god of msic Smile Smilie
Donald Duck , a big noise from the telly (my youngest daugther is watching cartoon Smile Smilie)
Less than a pearl - by Enya from her latest album Amarantine
astronomy by blue oyster cult from their dont fear the reaper album
'Mario Takes a Walk' by Jesse Cook from his album Gravity
Build God, Then We'll Talk by Panic! At The Disco from the album "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out"
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] >>