Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: What are you listening to?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > What are you listening to?   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] >>
Lizzie McGuire or Lindsey Lohan or something like that... great fun... Rolling Eyes Smilie
The Fall of the House of Usher by The Alan Parsons Project
Enya - Only Time Smile Smilie
Val - Alan Parsons Project - my favourite is I, Robot

Now listening to Simon and Garfunkel.... Bookends Theme

"Time it was and what a time it was,
It was a time of innocence
A time of confidences
Long ago, it must be,
I have a photograph
Preserve your memories
They're all that's left you"

Awwww.

Currently listening to the soft hum of computers and the distinct rattling of my own fingers on the keyboard. I'm in the school's library, by the way. Animated Wink Smilie
Evanescence - Hello (a bit depressive, though...)
my big beautiful!!! very good, try em - www.mybigbeautiful.com theyve got three songs up ; )
I said
Quote:
Alan Parsons Project - my favourite is I, Robot

And then I remembered I don't have them on cd, just vinyl. ("What's vinyl?" I hear some ask.)

I can't listen to it.......

Very Sad Smilie

My rendition of "Into the West" using flute, harpsicord and two cellos; though not having Annie Lennox's voice on it leaves something to be desired. I'm almost happy with it, but still need to strengthen the harpsichord a bit.
Guys, this is really important. Do you know where you can get a recording of 'Into the West?'

I don't even know what it sounds like but Hey, it won an oscar, it's gotta be worth something.
Listening to Blind Guardian - Battlefield really good rockband. You should download some of them Smile Smilie
Blind Blake! Smoke Smilie
Rammstein - Asche zu Asche (now that's rocking...)
Canned Heat ... "on the Road again" on my way into work on me Kwaka... Sheer Delight (thought i'd share that wit ya folks)

Disturbed Smilie
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger (or should that be bad motherfather or bad mothercrusher) Big Laugh Smilie Classic Grunge!
Apocalyptica - Kaamos
Anything by Nickleback
Epitaph by King Crimson
The Beatles - I read Today Happy Elf Smilie
Rush - 2112

"What can this strange device be?
When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
Its got wires that vibrate,and give music
What can this thing be that I've found?

See how it sings like a sad heart
And joyously sings out its pain
Chords that build high like a mountain
Or notes that fall gently, like rain

I can't wait to share this new wonder
The people will all see its light
Let them all make their own music
The priests praise my name on this night"

Smoke Smilie

Crikey Val - next you'll be listening to Caravan or Shakti...

I'm currently mellowing to Yo-Yo Ma playing Bach Cello Suites.
I'm listening to myself play Rondo Alla Turca by Mozart from the recital on Tuesday. I am so proud of myself, even though I was grade 4 and the other kids my age were grade 7 and 8. You all know Rondo Alla Turca, surely? You know, the one that goes: Deedeedeedeedee, deedeedeedeedee, deedeedeededd(really high) deedeedeedeedeedeedeedeedeeeeee! Deedee Dee! Dee! Dee! Dee! Dee! Dee! Dee! Dee! Deedededededeeededeeeeeeeeeeeee! Dee dee dee! Dee dee dee dee dee dee dee!

Maybe writing it's just not the same, eh, guys?
Not listening to anything in particular, because the radio here broke down yesterday. Very Sad Smilie
In the Land of Grey and Pink by Caravan.... Thanks Vee. I'd forgotten I'd got that one until you mentioned it.
My pleasure, Val.

Was listening to Fun Lovin' Criminals and then Goldfrapp - Black Cherry.

Hey Val, a little more contemporary perhaps, but do you like Ozric Tentacles?

Juno Reactor - Conga Fury
P.O.D. - Sleeping Awake
L'âme Immortelle- Aus Tränen und Stahl
My computer rendition of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony.
The hum of the computer and someone unlocking a door to one of the other computerlabs or maybe to their office.
Quote:
Hey Val, a little more contemporary perhaps, but do you like Ozric Tentacles?

I've seen them a couple of times at Nottingham and have got one of their albums on the back of a Hawkwind tape. I like what I've heard, but they''ve not really been around long enough for an old dinosaur like me.

I'm currently listening to Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands by Bob Dylan.
Quote:
Hawkwind

Have you noticed how similar REM's 'Crushed with Eyeliner' is to 'Quark Strangeness and Charm'?

Different speed......

Quote:
Have you noticed how similar REM's 'Crushed with Eyeliner' is to 'Quark Strangeness and Charm'?

Different speed......

Haven't noticed that, but if you try playing Bruce Springsteen's "I'm on Fire" at 45rpm rather than 33rpm (for those who still have vinyl), it sounds as though it's being sung by Dolly Parton.

Currently listening to Cold Bent Sidewalk by Tangerine Dream.
OOOooooh Tangerine Dream....... not listened to them for ages.

You really should come into the chat room sometime so I can hassle you, I mean discuss music. You are probaly closest in age to me. All these young things and their strange music..... We need Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd and Caravan amonst others. But leave the fish outside please.... brings back memories.

Vee has something fishy in her past? Shocked Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie

At only 24 of age I'm alredy twice the average age on this board. Am I then one of those "young things"?
Baby Girl Smilie
Bob Dylan, REM and Pink Floyd are yummy music. Wich makes me very eager to hear the other bands you keep coming up with! *wishes my DC++ was working* Wiggle Smilie Wiggle Smilie (really like this one. oh, another one then!) Wiggle Smilie
Quote:
Vee has something fishy in her past?

Yes.... I had a boyfriend who was a Leigh fisherman and he used to bring me whole cod wrapped in newspaper instead of flowers. Head sticking out one end, tail out of the other.

Leigh on Sea is a local fishing town near where I lived on the Essex coast.
Sounds.. romantic! Cat Smilie

I worked in a fish factory a whole summer. So did my girlfriend. A fishy gift, regardless of who brought it, would not be welcomed! In fact it would probably be considered bad taste. (old fish...) *gets strange urge to shower*
Rammstein - Sehnsucht
silence is golden and I'm listening to someting gold
I'm listening to Pink Floyd, Darkside of the Moon but as it is playing in my bedroom and I am in the study directly below, I can only hear it through the floorboards.
Sheryl Crow - The first Cut
The Lord of the Rings on cd

So, I'm being extremely lazy the last day or so - but I've already read the book and I just wanna let me imagination run away with me while listening to Ian Holmes Paranoid Smilie
Neodämmerung — Matrix: Revolutions soundtrack Big Smile Smilie
Down in the Hole by the Rolling Stones
Daikatana's sdtk - never played the game, but the music's great!!!
Blee,my friends playing SugarRush by A-Teens
The printer printing out my task for next week. Cool Smilie
Alternative Ulster by the Stiff Little Fingers
Arabesque Zoudge - various artists but I have no idea who they are. Sort of ethnic, jazzy....

btw Val..... do you remember 'Airwaves' - did a song You Are The New Day?
I'm listening to Castle on a Cloud (Les Misérables). Very Sad Smilie
The new CD from A Perfect Circle :Thirteenth Step its called I think. Or something like that. Its a great CD!! I love the song Halo. Awesome.
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] >>