Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: What are you listening to?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > What are you listening to?   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] >>
Noisy critters at 4am.......

Currently listening to Gomez - Liquid Skin - Hangover.....
Switch foot-Meant to live.

Anybody heard that song it's awesome
Yeah that is a great song.

'Dare You To Move' is another good one of theirs.
Linkin Park- Paper Cut
Good choice..... so good in fact guess what I am listening to now.......

Yes!

Papercut!

ps. My son is horrified that his mum likes Linkin Park.
Well, that is a sure way to get him to listen to something else!
Yes it is a good song.

the radio
I'm listening to myself typing oh so very fast, fast, fast, and I'm listening to myself as I mutilate a piece of Mozart's on the piano because I overworked my right arm, so I can't play with it, and I'm trying in vain to desperately reach all the notes and use the pedal to play it with just one arm. Aren't I stupid? At least I'm getting exercise, unlike those who just twiddle knobs on the radio.
how can you type and play the piano at the same time?
What am I listening?! Ahh, yeah, Blind Guardian's Blood Tears.
I wish i were at home listening to either The Coral or Led Zeppelin, instead of being in this dirge of an office listening to idle chatter or the random tapping of keyboards.

Mayhap i'll buy a CD later, to cheer me up.

Cool Smilie
Listening to the hum of the computers and me rattling on this keyboard. Yup, in the library computer room at school again.
The wretched rain outside.
This can`t be right - 2 Play (I LOVE this song! Tongue Smilie )
I have no idea...burnt CD Cool Smilie
Blind Guardian - Time Stands Still (can't have enough of it!)
The hum of the computers and my friend typing a *very* long mail on the computer next to me. Cool Smilie
Blind Guardian - Noldor .............

l think the greatest song EVER made.
At this very moment its Gollum's Song sung by Emiliana Torrini whose voice sounds similiar to another Icelandic singer, the mad one in a Swan's dress!! I find this sound is very haunting and her voice is strangely drawing you into the song, I do enjoy listening to my soundtracks!
Yes, the soundtracks are very nice - do you have the 3rd one, Sevrinn?

I'm currently listening to Antissa (E.S. Posthumus), which is coming from my brother's computer.
Other than the Soundtrack of the movies i listen to LED ZEPPELIN,AC/DC and similar music. Their is so much stuff the Zepellins sing about LOTR you woudnt belive.Anyway Robert Plant(the lead singer) was a Tolkien fan himself.
i think their the BEST !!!!!!!!
Pink Floyd, 1987, "Momentary Lapse of Reason" on the Bose while in the bath......

In particular...

On the turning away

On the turning away
from the pale and downtrodden
and the words they say
which we won't understand
"Don't accept that what's happening
is just a case of others suffering
or you'll find that you're joining in
the turning away"

It's a sin that somehow
light is changing to shadow
and casting it's shroud
over all we have known
unaware how the ranks have grown
driven on by a heart of stone
we could find that we're all alone
in the dream of the proud

On the wings of the night
as the daytime is stirring
where the speechless unite
in a silent accord
using words you will find are strange
and mesmerised as they light the flame
feel the new wind of change
on the wings of the night

No more turning away
from the weak and the weary
no more turning away
from the coldness inside
just a world that we all must share
it's not enough just to stand and stare
is it only a dream that there'll be
no more turning away?

Mmmmmmm....

I'm listening to the T.V running (Friends) and May it Be by Enya Smile Smilie
Arcormacolindůva, I have the boxset of 3 that came out here in the UK, not sure about anywhere else, it came with individual images from the films as part ofthe collection. What did you think of Annie Lennox singing on the 3rd album? She is a good singer but I think for me I wouldve liked to have Enya return because I think she captures the sound of the films and books very well, she did a fantstic job with the Fellowship film....wouldve liked to have heard Andy Serkis sing the Gollum song in TT where the little guy is fishing at the Forbidden Pool! Big Smile Smilie
At the moment, Iím listening to an album called Duke Ellington and John Coltrane that was originally released in 1962.

Yesterday would have been Dukeís 105th birthday, and I didnít listen to any Duke yesterday, so Iím making up for it today!
Smoke Smilie
'Diminuendo And Crescendo in Blue' from 'Ellington at Newport' (07 July 1956) all 27 choruses of Paul Gonsalves on tenor sax: they were literally, dancing in the aisles.
Jacques Brel - Ne me quitte pas. They do have some taste left on that radio.
My fifty-four minute version of Handel's Water Music Suite.
Finally, someone who understand's the finer tastes in music! I'm listening to myself play 'Rondo Alla Turca' on the piano by Mozart.
The main title from Schindler's List. (a movie)
The birds outside, my keyboard, and the washing machine. Such a fine array of sound!
Quote:
'Diminuendo And Crescendo in Blue' from 'Ellington at Newport' (07 July 1956) all 27 choruses of Paul Gonsalves on tenor sax: they were literally, dancing in the aisles.

You're right about that Grondy! P.G.'s solo at that show is one of the greatest moments ever in recorded Jazz history!
Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie
Triple J.
Never heard of Triple J... explain.

The Mamas and the Papas - nostalgia heaven!

I'm listening to Matrix Reloaded Suite, obviously from the Matrix: Reloaded soundtrack, which I think is by Don Davis.
ZZ Top yeaaaah
Xenon Codex by Hawkwind.
So Far Away by Stain'd
A Crow Left of the Murder - Incubus. It's their new one. I like it alot.
Triple J is a radio station in Australia, it's very cool they play alternative music and that.
Rob Dougan - Furious Angels
'All Things Considered' streamed live on the net since KUOW FM is messing with their transmitter and antenna this week and I can't pull-in anything but their static on the radio.

Silence...absolute silence. Sounds good, too. Wink Smilie Big Smile Smilie
The only time I get silence is during a power cut when there are no machines buzzing and whirring......

Enigma, while in the bath, and amazed at how the beginning of Out of the Deep sound slike 'Dear Prudence' by Siouxsie and the Banshees.
P.O.D. - Sleeping Awake (I love that song....)
Slip - Echo (echo,echo,echo..hehe)
ACDC, Led Zepellin, ZZ Top....
Been listening to The Small Faces - The Darlings of Wapping Wharf Launderette - great couple of CDs - second one features Prof Stanley Unwin..... what a laugh!
Lifehouse- Hanging by Moment
I LOVE this song!!!!
Since I've been loving you by Led Zeppelin.... Possibly my favourite song of all time.
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] >>