Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: ok people what is the best comedy you have seen?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > ok people what is the best comedy you have seen?   [1] [2] >>
The Fast Show. Discussion closed. Smoke Smilie
Dumb & Dumber-I love that film Tongue Smilie
'It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, ... Mad World'

I again watched 'Harvey' last night.
DEFINITELY the Monty Python's Flying Circus sketches!! And if I got to chose an episode, or just a part, I'd say it's when Mr Gumby goes to the doctors office shouting: "MY BRAIN HUUUURTS!" ROFLMAO! It jsut cracks me up. Big Smile Smilie
I love those too Aire,hehe,very funny,Monty Pythons the Meaning of life is funny in some parts,I cannot say its the best comedy though Big Smile Smilie .
Quote:
I love those too Aire,hehe,very funny,Monty Pythons the Meaning of life is funny in some parts,I cannot say its the best comedy though Big Smile Smilie .
The Life of Brian is hilarious. I recommend, if you haven't already seen it.
I realllllllly enjoyed "Bruce Almighty". And almost everything by Robin Williams.
Quote:

I have watched that before,it is hilarious. I also think that 'Bringing up Baby' is very comical,old but anything with Katherine Hepburn,funny or not is worth watching.

And when it comes down to T.V shows The Cosby show is good . The Simpsons is a classic,and Seinfeld when its humor is not being gross. hehe,sounds like I watch too much tv.
-ladyf
yes the cosbey show is good. i like the one were cliff dreams he is pregnent.lol. Big Laugh Smilie i disagree with the whole story about bruce almighty. i admit it looked funny but God is not one to be made fun of. Moderator Smilie
mr. bean gives me the fits. i love that show/moivie.rowan atkinson is really good.

i also enjoy evenstevens. i think shia labouf& rowan atkinson are my fav comdiens.

it's a mad mad mad mad world is to die for. and i love lucy is good so is the d.ick van dyke show, and the mary tyler moore show. Tongue Smilie
And don't forget 'M.P and the Holy Grail'. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

But the building full of ancient pirates attacking the Wall Street Mogals with broadsides fired from filing cabinettes was hillarious. That was in the 'M.P. and the Meaning of Life', wasn't it?
Quote:
i disagree with the whole story about bruce almighty. i admit it looked funny but God is not one to be made fun of.

I agree with you on that Elf Smilie
Quote:
But the building full of ancient pirates attacking the Wall Street Mogals with broadsides fired from filing cabinettes was hillarious. That was in the 'M.P. and the Meaning of Life', wasn't it?

haha,I love that!Thats one of the best parts of the movie Ha Ha Ha Smilie
I have watched some of the MP movies,all are pretty comical,'cept theres a few times you got to push the fast forward button when the young children are in the room Smile Smilie
I never have had much liking to the Mary Tyler Moore show,but shes great in D!ck Van Dyke.
You all pretty much named my favorites, Monty Python, Mr. Bean, Robbie Williams and Jim Carrey.
I really liked Patch Adams with Robbie Williams. Big Laugh Smilie
has any one here seen black adder? i havent but REALLY want to. i saw the whole entire dvd set at fries but it was $89.95 and there was no way i was gonna buy that. i just want to know if it is any good. heck it probably is cause rowan atkinson is in it and if he is thats a given. Elf Smilie
Blackadder is extremely funny.
Quote:

Quote:
And don't forget 'M.P and the Holy Grail'.

Yes, "Life of Brian", "The Holy Grail", "The Meaning of Life" and "And Now For Something Completely Different" are all great movies! But let's not forget about the sketches! Or the songs for that matter. Smile Smilie My favourites are "The Bruces Philosopher Beer Drinking Song" "The Galaxy Song" and "Eric the Half-A-Bee". Aah. Yes, they made first class comedy. I know a whole lot by heart. Atleast all the songs. Smile Smilie

Oh, and btw Grondy, yes, the pirates attacks Wall Street just in the beginning of "The Meaning of Life".
Quote:
I'm a lumber-jack and I'm okay;
I sleeps all night and I works all day.
Heres another good one:
Quote:
How sweet to be an Idiot,
As harmless as a cloud,
Too small to hide the sun,
Almost poking fun
At the warm but insecure, unpostThreadIDy crowd.
How sweet to be an idiot,
And dip my brain in joy,
Children laughing at my back,
With no fear of attack,
As much retaliation as a toy.
How sweet to be an idiot. How sweet.

Quote:
Blackadder is extremely funny.

glad to know. and what is MP about? Wink Smilie
Blackadder is one of the best comedies ever written, I got the complete scripts for Xmas from my bro. It's great. After Monty Python I think it's britain's funniest export.
Arthur Pewty, are you a man or a mouse?

Quote:
What you mean teh Crimson Brigade life assurance!

Life of Brian is by far the best of the Python films. The latin teaching centurion is just pure class. My rabbit Sprout is the basis for the beastie with "sharp pointy fangs and a viceous streak a mile wide"

But I can't belive that nobody has mentioned porridge. When the bent judge ask goddpah what he's in for his response is "I got caught"
so what are the monty python flims about?
and blackadder, what is that about?
Wink Smilie um has any on seen/or heard of waking ned divine?

[Edited on 5/8/2003 by EvithianEhtmire]
The versions of father of the bride w/ steve martin are hilarious! any one agree?
Quote:
Yes, "Life of Brian", "The Holy Grail", "The Meaning of Life" and "And Now For Something Completely Different" are all great movies! But let's not forget about the sketches! Or the songs for that matter. Smile Smilie My favourites are "The Bruces Philosopher Beer Drinking Song" "The Galaxy Song" and "Eric the Half-A-Bee". Aah. Yes, they made first class comedy. I know a whole lot by heart. Atleast all the songs. Smile Smilie

I like Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life, I'll whistle the chorus just because it bugs my mom! Definately an earworm!
Quote:
um has any on seen/or heard of waking ned divine?
Lol,I have heard of it,but im not sure if I have watched it.
Quote:
so what are the monty python flims about?

There sorta like a collection of funny stories made up by some of the cast(for a short period of time that is).Thats all I can say for now(I am not too sure myself of what there about Tongue Smilie )but heres a site you can go to for more information on the series and show:http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A687945

[Edited on 9/8/2003 by LadyFeawen]
Quote:
How sweet to be an Idiot,
As harmless as a cloud,
Too small to hide the sun,
Almost poking fun
At the warm but insecure, unpostThreadIDy crowd.
How sweet to be an idiot,
And dip my brain in joy,
Children laughing at my back,
With no fear of attack,
As much retaliation as a toy.
How sweet to be an idiot. How sweet.

Quote:

I'm a lumber-jack and I'm okay;
I sleeps all night and I works all day.

Oh, oh, oh, oh... Don't make me go there... I've got cd's of the songs and all the songs on mp3 and all the episodes on VHS, and I know the songs by heart and.. oh, oh oh... Just... don't make me go there... I will never stop!
Bruce Almighty and practically every other Jim Carrey movie there is.....Black Adder is very funny indeed.....but Black Adder 2 and 3 are not that funny....
The elections in florida a few years ago!
evil dead 2, although some ppl call it horror, for some reason.

after this one, i take TTT : funny how pj completely failed at tellin the story of the book.

Quote:

And the one in Cali right now!
Quote:
Quote:

And the one in Cali right now!
I would call both of those 'tragedies' but then that is why we have outlawed politics and religion from P-T, for
Quote:
He who is one person's freedom fighter is another's terrorist.
Saw Bruce Almighty last night, it was HILARIOUS! The Clint Eastwood thing and Armagedon out of here.. I haven't laughed so much and so well from any move I can think of, and that includes Shrek! Big Laugh Smilie
I agree with Ama! And I also think movies like My best Friends wedding, The police academy and Rush Hour are exctreamly fun!! Big Smile Smilie
Just saw Anger Managemet, so I finally get Aule's signature! Funny funny funny movie!!!
I think Dogma is a completely hilarious movie....also Jay and Silent Bob Strikes backTongue Smilie hahahhahaha

Oh and Anger Management tooWink Smilie
Thanks for bringing it back to my attention AndreaWink Smilie I had nearly forgotten about it.....when will it come out on VHS? I wonder....because I just have to see it againBig Smile Smilie
All movies of Louis de Funčs are the best comedies i have ever seen.
It's radio comedy but Buzz Hawkins the Bradshaws are very good.
Well I will be agreing with Vir. Louis de Funčs is og course my favourite actor (like evry french btw Wink Smilie ) and his films are the most comic ones I've ever seen...Noone will ever do better than him Cool Smilie . Go french actors!! Big Smile Smilie Go France!! Hey I think I can say that, I wonder if I'm not the only french in the whole site Sad Smilie
Louis de Funes ones! I am still laughing madly when watching them although I have seen all of them several times already!
Besides, almost all French ones are really funny! It can be best seen when one sees their remakes - they are usually only half as funny as original French filmsl
I also liked a lot the first Asterix movie.
Besides, I like Monty Python and Mel Brooks movies, especially the his parody of "Star Wars" - a delight!

[Edited on 14/10/2003 by Eryan]
Quote:
Mel Brooks movies, especially the his parody of "Star Wars" - a delight!

I believe that the movie you are thinking about is Spaceballs Eryan....and yes it is quite hilariousWink Smilie Yogurt...the schwartz...... Dark Helmet hahahhaa very funny indeed...

But who in the holy name of Eru Ilśvatar is Louis de Funes?!?!?!
Yes, Spaceballs, of course, Aule!rI liked the most musical "quotes" from other films, especially in the scenes on the desert. The music from "Lawrence of Arabia" when the heroes land on the desert, and than the music from "The bridge on the River Quai" when the little monks-monkeys arrive. It was so blasphemous, superb!rI also liked the soldiers "combing the desert" with these giant combs!r
Quote:
rIs it possible Aule that this is NOT a joke and you REALLY do not know him?!?!?!
Quote:
Quote:
Is it possible Aule that this is NOT a joke and you REALLY do not know him?!?!?!
I don't know about Aulė making a joke, but I don't recognize the name, either. Of course I may have seen him in a movie and just never glombed on to his name. What has he been in?
As mentioned before, Monty Python and the Holy Grail. With Life of Brian a close second....
Well I aint kidding....I have no freaking idea who this Louis is!
Never heard of him either, maybe he's some famous french speaking comedian.
Perhaps you are right Ross....because it seems like noone else has heard of him except a few people....Tongue Smilie
It's incredible! You really have missed a lot if you don't know his films!
Instead of explaining you who he was I will give you a simple advice: go to Gooogle, write "Louis de Funes" and you will have plenty of www pages with his photos, his films, etc. etc. And then you may realise that, after all, you know him well!
I just have to add Finding Nemo to this thread....really hilarious...although it is maybe not in the same categoryTongue Smilie
Governor Arnold—that ain't politics, its comedy.
Harold and Maude, the funniest, wierdest movie ever
  [1] [2] >>