Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: ok people what is the best comedy you have seen?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > ok people what is the best comedy you have seen?   << [1] [2]
Show? Simpsons, hands down, even if quality satire is the first sign of civilizations decline (just ask Juvenal.)

Movie? Best I can think of is still Life of Brian, especially the "alien abduction" non sequitur (the non sequitur is a beautiful thing when done well.)

"Blessed are the cheesemakers?"

"It's a metaphor; he means all dairy workers."

And, yes, the Assault With a Dead Language was awesome, too.
although Harold and Maude is the best comical movie i have ever seen, 'The Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy' BOOKS are better
This amused me a bit : Store Wars
either Monty Python and the Holy Grail or What about Bob? Big Laugh Smilie
monthy python "and now for something completely different"
and i also like dumb and dumber" that is awesome
has anyone seen kung pow: enter the fist with Steve Oedekerk?? it's such a funny film
Life of Brian is great fun Smile Smilie
'Monty Python and the Meaning of Life'
P. L. Deshpande. It is worth learning Marathi just to read his works. Such a pity that he had stopped performing by the time I got to read and understand his works. I have seen him on television, but my teacher was telling me, just yesterday, that it's nothing compared to watching him live. Hmmm.
There are quite a few good comedies on the market, but Blues Brothers ranks towards the top of the list.
Music, laughs and over-dramatic-massive car crashes... what more could one need?
Big Smile Smilie

Quote:
Such a pity that he had stopped performing by the time I got to read and understand his works. I have seen him on television, but my teacher was telling me, just yesterday, that it's nothing compared to watching him live.

Well, you could always invent a time machine.

Simpsons rule! Bart and Homer have the ability to perk up my day. And sometimes, I wander into South Park also. Though the humour is not class, its better when you don't want to think.
Yay! for Simpsons and South Park and also Futurama!

The funniest thing on British TV at the moment is Green Wing. Such wonderful moments like a doctor eating the gallbladder of a patient on the operating table....

You gotta laugh!
When I was a teenager back on the farm, before we had TV, I used to listen to the Goon Show on the radio in the dead of a summer's night. It was very funny and starred Spike Milligan, Peter Sellers, Harry Secombe, and Wallace Greenslade.

Speaking of Peter Sellers, all the Pink Panther movies were quite hillarious.
La grande vadrouille & Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain.
Anyone seen Little Britain ? So funnySmile Smilie
Russel Peters.....the funniest guy like ever
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum starring the late Zero Mostel; Elf With a Big Grin Smilie though It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World might just beat it out. (I can't remember how many "Mad"s there were.) Elf Winking Smilie
Oh Sir Grondy ..It's so funny Big Laugh Smilie I think that is the version I used to watch with my
father ..We watched it over and over againSmile Smilie
The old version of Pink Panter is also a good oneSmile Smilie
I remember enjoying Monty Python - though I haven't watched it in many many years.

Shows that are really funny would be: The Simpsons, Allo Allo (hilarious), Absolutely Fabulous, that's all I can think of now.

Funny movies: Spaceballs was good, also Zoolander, Finding Nemo, Madagascar.

I'm sure there's many more, but I can't remember them right now?? Orc Going Huh Smilie
YeahSmile Smilie Ben Stiller is Hilarious and his father as well
Showgirls.
movie... something with Danny Kaye or Robin Williams. Or possibly the end of Cars... I am sure I have seen funnier ones that I can't recall right now.

tv show: Due South, M*A*S*H, Bill Cosby and a few episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

live performance: Cafe Espresso
Wildboys off of MTV along with South Park. Also the "Axis of Evil" SNL sketch with Will Ferrell is amazing and a bit of the E. Izzard never hurt Orc Smiling Smilie
Mmmmm... Eddie Izzard....
For TV shows, I'm going to have to say either The Class (new this season!) or Corner Gas (A Canadian comedy show with Brent Butt...quite good! They blew up a tractor! lol Elf With a Big Grin Smilie )

For movies...hmmm....Corky Romano was pretty good...not many people have heard of that one. Umm...Probably going to go with MP and the holy grail...good one! lol...I love when Launcelot is running towards the castle to save the 'damsel' and he never gets any closer then all of a sudden "ARG!" and he kills/injures everyone in the castle! lol good scene if I do say so.

I really want to see Spamalot...it's in the area around christmas time, hopefully we'll be able to make time to go!
My favourite comedies are:

Blackadder, Open all hours, Porridge, Keeping up Appearances, Only fools and Horses and My hero.
  << [1] [2]