Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Famous People

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > Famous People   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] >>
Eugene O'Neill - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Laura Ingles Wilder : Robert Louis Stevenson

When I was in the third and fourth grades (1948-50) our teachers (Mrs Gray and Miss Cormana) took the first fifteen minutes after lunch to read to our class. In the third grade we started the 'Little House' books and wrote a letter to Mrs. Wilder and received a reply from her, not from a publicity agent.
Robert Louis Stevenson: NienÚr Daughter of Hurin
NienÚr Daughter of Hurin : Norman Rockwell (Deceased American painter of true to life art-work for magazine covers)
Norman Rockwell: Ludwig Von Beethoven
Ludwig van Beethoven : Natty Bumppo aka: Hawkeye, the Deerslayer, the Pathfinder (hero of James Fenimore Cooper's adventure stories which took place in 18th century America.
Natty Bumppo - Ophelia (from Hamlet)

Ophelia : Antonio Vivaldi
Antonio Vivaldi-Ignotus Peverell (for all of you HP fans).
Ignotus Peverell : Lionel Hampton (legendary jazz vibraphonist)
Lionel Hampton - Neville Mariner
Neville Mariner : Rachmaninov, Serge
Rachmaninof, Serge - Edvard Grieg
Edvard Grieg - Georg Friedrich Hšndel
Handel - Louis Armstrong
Louis Armstrong : George Harrison
George Harrison - Nat King Cole
Nat King Cole - Enrico Caruso
Enrico Caruso-OJ Simpson
OJ Simpson - Norman Wisdom
Norman Wisdom - Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson - Neville Longbottom
Mitch Mitchel (drummer of the jimi hendrix experience)
Mitch Mitchel - Lemmy (from MOTORHEAD - my fav Wink Smilie love a bit of headbanging - even at ??..........oh ok 45 Very Sad Smilie )
Lemmy-Yakkity Yak Ha Ha Ha Smilie
Yakkity Yak - Karman-Ghia
Karman Ghia-Agatha Christie

Author of And Then There Were None(first published as Ten Little Indians)
Agatha Christie - Edith Pargeter (aka Ellis Peters, author of the Cadfael mysteries among other very fine books)
Edith Pargeter - Ring Lardner (American author, humorist, journalist)

I read her Brothers of Gwynedd Quartet about Llewelyn, the first true Prince of Wales back in the thirteenth century, that's not when I read her books, that's when he ruled. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Ring Lardner - Richard Adams (author of Watership Down)

The Brothers of Gwynedd is what I'm reading now and for the third time. Its a favorite of mine. Smile Smilie She writes so well!
Richard Adams-Samuel Adams
Samuel Adams - Sarah Bernhardt (19th century actress and courtesan)
Sarah Bernhardt - T. S. Eliot
T. S. Eliot - Toots Shor famous mid 20th century New York City restaurant proprietor (saloon keeper)
Toots Shor - Richard Bach (author of Jonathan Livingston Seagull)
Richard David Bach - Henry David Thoreau, 19th century American author, naturalist, civil activist
Thoreau - Uris, Leon
Uris, Leon - Neil Leslie Diamond singser, songwriter
Neil Leslie Diamond - Donny Osmond - Yes I had a crush on him In Love Smilie
Donny Osmond - David Niven
David Niven-Nanny McPhee
Nanny MacPhee - Ewan McGregor (no crush here)
Ewan McGregor - Reginald Van Gleason III - rich drunken playboy character played by Jackie Gleasin on his variety show in the fifties.
Reginald Van Gleason III - Nefertiti
Nefertiti - Ira Blue the late host of a late night radio broadcast over San Fransisco's Station KGO in the fifties and sixties that originated from the Hungry Eye. I could pick up the station's bounce in eastern Washington. Ira had visiting musicians and authors on his show, but I mostly remember the players of jazz.
Ira Blue - Einstein ( the guy who said human stupidity is the one thing other than the universe that is unlimited, and he wasn't sure about the latter)

Ira Blue - Einstein - Natasha the feminine half of Bullwinkle's nemesises
Natasha - Alvin (of the Chipmunks)
Alvin - Natty Bumppo, aka: Hawkeye, the Deerslayer. The friend of the Mohicans Chingachgook and Uncas
Natty Bumppo - Orlando Bloom mmmmmmmmm aaaaaarrrrrrhhhhhhh oooooohhhhh I Love You Smilie Making Out Smilie Kiss Smilie In Love Smilie
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] >>