Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Pour out ur heart and soul here!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > Pour out ur heart and soul here!   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] >>
I think the chocolate do melt, but as it is surrounded by doe, don't go anywere..
Quote:
How come the chocolate chips don't melt when you bake chocolate chip cookies?

All right, if u want the correct answer, here it is (and I'm dead serious)

When u bake the chocolate chip cookies, the sugar coating arond the chip does not melt but stays intact in the shape. The chocolate inside the sugar shell melts bt is held together due to the shell.
My local Thorntons branch is closing on the 20th March. Thorntons make the most delicious chocolates in the world! Friends and family will be sending me Thorntons food parcels but today I bought 3 bags of my favourite - Hazelnut nougat, covered in dark chocolate to keep me going for a while.

Now THIS is tragedy!

Chocolate + Wimmin = Madness and no Naughties for us blerks!

Can wimmin actually achieve something approaching ecstacy on chocalate consumption alone... i heard a rumour that suggested Men are becoming more and more surplus to requirement b/c of this, i put this question to our resident chocalate expert - Vee

Pixie Smilie
There is something in chocolate..... can't think at the moment though, been eating chocolate......

Men? Of course we need you! Someone has to buy us the cholocates....

Wiggle Smilie
I heard that a scientist defined "Lurve" as nothing more than a simple chemical reaction equivalent to the sensation or high experienced when eating chocolate. Having eaten very little chocolate,(compared to wimmin) and having fallen in Lurve, i find this very dubious, unless of course the scientist in question was gender-specific in his/her research.

Alternatively, if the scientist was a women, then the experiment is fundamentally flawed - due to chocolate contamination of the facts!

Read Smilie
There was something in New Scientist not so long ago. I'll try and find the article.
Certain chemicals have the effect of stimulating the endorphins and dopamines in our brains (the hormones which make us feel good). Among the hundreds of chemicals present in each of them, both chocolate and cannabis share the same "feel good" chemical which stimulates the brain's dopamines. As falling in love also stimulates the brain's dopamines, the feeling often feels the same.
All three at once? Mmmmmm...

Quote:
All three at once? Mmmmmm...

Won't work. The brain has an upper and lower limit on happiness/depression. Which is good. Some lack these limits naturally, and run the risk of serious mental disorders... Medication solves it though.

Sugar coating? We use regular chocolate and chop it into pieces ourselves.. still don't go anywhere.
Quote:
Sugar coating? We use regular chocolate and chop it into pieces ourselves.. still don't go anywhere.

Sugar in the chocolate maybe. I don't make cookies myself.....get them readymade. Y take the trouble?

Chocolate is good for the heart. That's y I take it! Acts as a medicine and helps my heart and acts as an anti-depressent and helps my mind. Heaven!
Quote:
Never made cookies huh? Cookies are mostly made of sugar, more sugar, little pile of flour, chocolate and a little vanilla. Darn tasty though!
Cookies??? Overrated in my opinion, gimme a Peanut Yorkie anyday, "there not for girls" heh

Wink Smilie
Flakes........ not for boys......... or men........
Uhm... I quite like Flakes, does that make me less of a man Vee, i must say that i prefer them in Ice-cream, but that in itself may infer some sort o nonsense-Freudian appraisal...
YeaH, Does anyone recall those "dodgy" Flake adverts, a woman eating one in the bath - Whoa be still my beating heart lol
*ponders*

OK i dont like Flakes, and from now on i'm gonna have a Yorkie bar in my Ice-cream cone.

Cool Smilie Very Mad Smilie Tongue Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie
Quote:
Never made cookies huh? Cookies are mostly made of sugar, more sugar, little pile of flour, chocolate and a little vanilla.

Yup! I have. But in my original post, pre-la86, I referred to the sugar, sugar and little pile of flour as "doe". Don't think there is a minimum requirement of flour in order to call it "doe" *gets strange urge to watch Simpsons*
*Does a Homer* *Slaps forehead and says Doh!*

Don't look at me or blame me.....I don't cook anything (except stories) and as for the answer, I picked it up from an "Its a fact!" book. It wasn't my answer!
lol so you don't cook!?!?!?!?! Hee hee hee hee hee I do I love to cook. Okay so what where you guys talking about??
Y shld I cook? My mom's an excellent cook and wateva I need she gets it done for me. So I never bothered to learn cooking.

Anyways, we were talking about chocolate chip cookies. And y doesn;'t the chocolate melt on baking.
And have spent 3 pages discussing it so far! Big Laugh Smilie Orc Grinning Smilie

Lord A: But since you are not italian you probably plan to move out before the age of 40? And not starve to death in doing so? Tongue Smilie

A friend of mine from Nepal had also not cooked before coming to Norway to study. A friend of his: "In the beginning I didn't like beeing invited for dinner. But now it is ok!" (about 6mnd after arrival) Big Smile Smilie
There is a bit of morphene in all lactose products, and chocolate tasts good, so we all get addicted~!

Tobin broke up with his girlfriend and was eyeballing me all day1 I feel so loved!
There are no morphine in the chocolate, but the brain start producing something in the morphine family when given chocolate..

Eyeballing??? Super Wow Smilie Like Sauron?? Now that sounds scary!! Super Scared Smilie
Mad Smilie Sugar usually just makes me even less hyper, which I don't think is possible, as I'm already monotone and bored 24/7. I even fainted once after having too much sugar. But if I just go under that boundary and DON'T get dizzy, then you won't be able to shut me up for a couple hours straight. Good Morning Smilie
An ode to the cookie! Clicky
Whoo hoo and ODE!!!!!!! Hee heee...........so........la la lalala lalala.........hmmmmmmmmmm..........lets see oh yes I'm in LOVE!!!!!!!!!!! with a book
GET HELP!
My friends say I'm in love with my copy of LOTR, and that's why the writing inside the cover is smudged. "To Heidi, happy 11th birthday, from Granny and Grandad Boulter." I told them it was because it got in a puddle at Melville Swimming Centre, but they say it was because I kissed it too much.
I'm trying to install a programme here, but it doesn't work on this *fantastic* computer. Well it does work, but the one function I need to work doesn't because this computer uses Windows 98. Waaaah! *sob* Very Mad Smilie
I found out that I had virii and several spyware programs crawling through my computer; I had to fix everything Very Mad Smilie
i got electricuted by a video game
I got hit on by a collage dude.
Hiya CC!! Think that's something?? Try getting hit on by a guy old enough to be your dad - that's what I call insanely weird and sick. *Shudders* This guy really thought he was something, too. Kind of like, "Allow me to inform you of something, mister..." He didn't try too much after I got my "fighting look" - that's what my friends call it anyhow. They describe it as a cross between, "Do you really want to know what I'm capapble of" and "You are going to be so sorry you said that." Works on most bothersome men...not that that applies to any of you guys here, mind you!
I split with my girlfriend on friday, ah well, guess i'm back to being a "bothersome" man again! Sad Smilie

i hope that's just a euphemism for single, but drink (beer) may increase the bothersome factor by degrees of one to Warp(ed) nine.

Cool Smilie
You are not bothersome, Aelric (wellll, not usually Animated Wink Smilie ). I have had the pleasure of never having to go through a break-up and I hope it stays that way.
Quote:
I have had the pleasure of never having to go through a break-up and I hope it stays that way.

It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, Nil.... Or so they say.

A sperm whale got stranded on one of the marshes where I work last week. It survived until the following morning, but when the tide came in its efforts to free itself only drove it futher up the shore. It was quite sad seeing it thrashing about, and then it died on the following low water. Now it's stuck just where I go off to collect my mussel samples. All the creeks are full of decomposing blubber which has begun to stink already. I'm rather hoping it washes back out to sea before the weather gets hot. I'm not looking forward to having to pass 30 tonnes of stinking flesh each week.

That's three whales washed up in the last year in the Wash. We're not supposed to even get them in this neck of the woods. Just another sign of how we're managing to mess up the world I guess.
Quote:
I have had the pleasure of never having to go through a break-up and I hope it stays that way.

Quote:
I am a rock, I am an island.
And a rock feels no pain
And an island never cries.

Paul Simon

Sorry for the Whales, Val.
Quote:
It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, Nil.... Or so they say.
Very true! Thumbs Up Smilie But there is plenty of time for that..

Quote:
We're not supposed to even get them in this neck of the woods. Just another sign of how we're managing to mess up the world I guess.
Was there not whales before commercial whaling took off either? Maybe they are just coming home. Or, if their navigationsystem is based on earth magnetism, they'll get worse trouble soon.. (poles are drifting faster +sun is unusually unstable). We (norw.) usually tow the whales out at sea and anchor them. 30 tons of rotting flesh, teaming with birds that then fly off to take a bath in the drinking water supply are not a good neighbour to have...
I'm sorry about the whale, Val. Have a question though - have you ever tried loving and losing? It really hurts...especially when it's no fault of either side! I will admit this: I WOULD do it over again, even with the pain. Orc Sad Smilie Vee, was that encouragement or agreement? Wink Smilie
No, Nil, it was an expression of how sad it is to never feel love or pain. While I would never wish pain or suffering on anyone, it is part of our growing process that we suffer pain, loss, love... So, unless you are willing to lock yourself away as in the Paul Simon song you are more than likely to go through some sort of breakup/pain/loss. It is better to go through it than to cut yourself off from anything that can cause that pain.

Love is a good thing to experience even if it doesn't last.
Wise words... Wise woman.

*clutches his broken heart*

oooh the pain,
To be honest i didnt love this particular girl(care for her, and fancied her, and friends - Yes, but not love!), and i know this b/c i HAVE Loved, Lost, felt the stark vacuum of feeling that results in a break-up, and the pointless, heart-rending nostalgia that only serves to remind you of whats gone.
Ach, whatever... like Vee said but phrased in another way, "you cant fully enjoy the lurve without first knowing the pain (thats the essential difference between an infatuation or crush and true love)- its like Good n Evil, one necessarily follows the other"

But i'm no expert, i'm positively rubbish at relationships - but it dont stop me looking for The One.
Quote:
Have a question though - have you ever tried loving and losing? It really hurts..

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been there... In fact several times. The one thing I have learned though, is as you get older, and become accustomed to the feeling, it gets easier to deal with. I tend to view break-ups as an opportunity to begin afresh with someone else. Life's for living, not for dwelling on what could be, or crying over what once was. Remember the good times, and try to learn from any mistakes, but don't let the past spoil your future.

I don't believe in waiting for that perfect person either. Unless you are really lucky you'll find they don't really exist. There's a lot of people out there who can come close, though, so if at first you don't succeed, just keep trying. If nothing else, it tends to be fun.
*worships in general assumed direction of Val* Agrees to everything!

My x-girlfriend, the love of my life (this far), fell in love with someone else. Not her fault, emotions can't be commanded. It hurt a lot, but I wouldn't have been without the time we had together for anything! Lots of happy memories! Smile Smilie
Whoops.... double posting... there again the topics are quite different.

What a week. Last week we had a whale strand itself and die, and now my old research boat has sunk in the night. She was sold to local fishermen a year and a half ago when we bought a new research vessel, but it is still sad to know she's gone down. I have a lot of fond memories of that boat. I can still remember clearly every nook and cranny aboard her, how she smelled and how she sounded. Fortunately the two fishermen got off her okay before she sank, and were rescued shortly after by another boat.

RIP Surveyor Sad Smilie Sad Smilie

For those of you are interested, here's a link to her. Surveyor She's the eighth thumbnail down on the left hand side.
Quote:
I tend to view break-ups as an opportunity to begin afresh with someone else. Life's for living, not for dwelling on what could be, or crying over what once was. Remember the good times, and try to learn from any mistakes, but don't let the past spoil your future.

Great words of wisdom for all of our younger members out there (and really for all of us, least we forget sometimes)! Couldn't have said it any better myself Val! Sorry to hear about your old boat btw, but my you do truly have the Elven call of the sea!
Elf Winking Smilie
Sorry to hear that, Val. Sad Smilie I think I have a weak idea of what you feel. My father is a fisherman and has almost all his life (he's 54 now) been on the same boat, a 40+ year old north-sea trawler(Flud). A year ago it was made into nails, and a new boat was built. (Christening this week). I found it very sad to think of the old boat being cut to pieces. Ships have soul, and lots and lots of personality. My father wasn't quite as sad about it, guess a 40 year old engine, a rusty hull and stormy winters had something to do with that..
Quote:
I tend to view break-ups as an opportunity to begin afresh with someone else. Life's for living, not for dwelling on what could be, or crying over what once was. Remember the good times, and try to learn from any mistakes, but don't let the past spoil your future.

*sigh* I am having trouble remembering that Sad Smilie
You and me both, Lady Fea. Hey, bright side - we've all been through it (or are going through it) so maybe that'll enable us to help others...if I can ever find the scattered pieces of my heart.
Im confused about whether or not nil and la86 are going (i know u said it was an april fools joke nil but what about la86)
Yeah, mine was April Fool's - sorry for any heart attacks. Wink Smilie LA86 is leaving though and that's really sad. Sad Smilie
Quote:
LA86 is leaving though and that's really sad.

Well, yeah. Only 12 more days left now. Leaving on 14th April! No need to get sad for me. Ppl come and they go. That's a fact of life and u have to move on. Stagnation is not good. Provides a breeding place for mosquitos and I HATE those insects. They can't even hum in tune.

As for my love life, my crush had a crush for my best friend. I told her that I loved her bt she said that she loved my best friend. I ended up getting both of them together and now they are a happy couple. It was real hard to see them together for the first few days but now I've accepeted the fact and moved on. Life is short and sweet. It really is, trust me!
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] >>