Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: How random can you be?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > How random can you be?   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] >>
Not very far if memory serves correctly...

What's that lil plastic thing at the end of your shoelace called?
A knobblebobbin.

Did you hear about the possibly habitable planet in the Libra constellation, whose star is a red dwarf and could possibly be covered in liquid water?
YES I DID!!! Very exciting if you ask me! Not that I really would want to live way out there...but who knows...somebody might.

Supposedly you can't move while you dream. WHICH makes no sense.
What i know a guy who walks while dreaming!!

Why do people like gossiping?
Because it makes them feel important to share information that other people don't know.
Because it makes them feel better about their flaws.
Because it's just a great way to find out info you might not ever find out!!!!

Why do spiders and octopuses have 8 legs?
Why do we only have two?

Is there a difference between loving your appearance and being conceited?
Yes...it depends on how long you spend in front of the mirror.

Who else thinks Eyeore needs his own series?
Never heard of eyeore.

Why are stupid american series so popular?
You KNOW who Eyeore is...he's the donkey from Winnie the Pooh...

Because they are mindlessly entertaining...

Why do pointe shoes have to be SO painful?

Because if God had wanted us to wear pointed shoes she would have made our feet pointed; instead, wanting us to maintain our balance when we walk, she made the widest part of our feet near our toes. And not wanting us to be slothful she gave us more than three toes on each foot which precludes the comfortable wearing of pointed shoes, unless we wear longer shoes that allow for the width of our feet; of course then the points can be turned up with a tassel or a bell hanging from them and our feet could be comfortable.

Why do plants reach for the sky, yet rain falls down?
They are reaching out for each other, because theirs is a loving relationship. When there is love involved, both parties are willing to meet in the middle. Wink Smilie

Is there an end to the universe?
As far as i know the universe is made up of a universe inside a universe which is in turn a univers inside a universe....

Why are humans so destructive?
Hmmmm...that can depend on your point of view...but, to ignore politics...I will just say...ignorance.

Why do guys have to be SO HARD TO READ???
this is so because girls can't read properly!! Elk Grinning Smilie

What do you understand by quasi rent??
Ummm...what does quasi rent mean!?!?!?!

Why don't guys just say what they are thinking?
Because if they did so, the earth would collapse on itself, and we will all be dead.

do fingers really fing?
They do if you're angry at someone and you choose to make a crude jesture, if you catch my drift...

Is it time for that again?
Yes it really is, because what goes around comes around.

But why does what goes around continue to come around again?
because it goes around so it must be going in a circle, leading it back where it came from

why do we park in the driveway, and drive on the parkway?
Because it was i who invented that.

Where does the word titicaca come from?
From the high Andes, where there is a lake by that name which only one old native remebers its meaning, though some think it should be called "Lake Kittycaca" because the ancient space aliens, who drew all that Peruvian stone art that can only be viewed in full from the air (simiarly to that on the plains in England), said it looked like a large feline chasing a bunny-wabbit. After being eaten by the cat, all that would remain of that rabbit would be kittycaca. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

How does the above almost-fact-filled story grab you?

Because its funny and i knew where the lake was though i did not know the history if its real.Elk Grinning Smilie Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

What do you understand by genetic engineering?
Scientists playing God for the benefit of, or at the detriment to mankind.

Why are people who slip on a banana peel considered funny?
No idea. They don't make me laugh. I think its something left over from the 30's..

What color are wargs?
Blue from all the beating they got from the beornings.

Where did the huns live?
In a hun-house where else would one expect them to lay their huggs!

Can you hear fish sing?
sure, as they keep opening and shutting their big mouth all day long.

Why are billabongs found only is Australia?
Because other places in the world of the English language call them dead-end creeks or oxbow lakes; while Billa means creek and bong means dead in the indigenous language of the Australians.

How high can a fly fly; how far can a flea flee?

As far as far can be.

If pigs could fly, would there be herds of pigs or flocks of pigs?
Flocks, being of an aerial nature. Somwhere I was told that I could have a million dollars when this happened...so can I now? Please?

Why in the world do people like to watch things that are excrutiatingly awful for entertainment, like train wrecks or surgeries or American Idol?
Do the words "masochistic voyeurs" ring a bell?

Or to put it another way: To ensure I don't have to watch commerical TV.

Where is my other shoe?
Uh, probably on your other foot.

Who else has two tests, one to determine where you place in college and the other a driver's license exam, next week that will be quite important for their life, and a grandma visiting from halfway across the country at the same time?
No tests, but I do have a Grandma coming next week.

Why do people speed up when they get to a passing lane?
To make me consider swearing.

Why do SO FEW people seem to know that when two people walk up to each other...they both move a little to the RIGHT when they pass???
Because they live in countries that drive on the left side of the street so they are in the habit of veering to the left when they meet fellow pedestrians?

Have you ever seen a dog running backwards, or do they always circle around in place and then head back?
I've seen a dog back up away from something that it was growling at?

Why do we say "It's like comparing apples to oranges"?

Because apples and oranges each have different: shapes, textures, colors, aromas, and tastes.

Do centipedes actually have 10 legs; do millipedes actually have a thousand legs?
if they didnt, why would they be called that?

what came first, the chicken or the egg?
One of them certainly did. Anyway who cares because they're both good to eat and that's what matters.

Why did the Yankees sing yankee doddle during the american war of independence?
Because Francis Scott Key had yet to pen the words sang to the tune of that Olde English drinking song they would later sing before their ballgames. Besides, as I remember Yankee Doodle had been sang at them as an insult, which instead of accepting as such, they appropriated and used as their marching song.

At noon, how many stars can you see using only your naked eye?
You actually can see many if you really try hard but you can never see the brightest!

Where would you find Abraham Lincoln?

I remember having read about the original rhyme which was started with "father and i went down to camp" and a captain Goodwin was mentioned. It was pretty funny
I'd find him on my $5 bill and also on my one cent piece.

Here is a link to the tune and written lyrics of Yankee Doodle.

Did Peter Piper eat any of those pickled peppers from that peck he picked?
No, he traded them to the Pied Piper for some pies. Elf Winking Smilie

Speaking of pies... since pies have a crust, and the Earth has a crust, does that mean the Earth is filled with cherry filling? (Yum! Someone pass the ice cream!!!)
No, it is filled with chocolate and chunky peanut butter or was that chocolate and Crème de Menthe?

Where would you go to find out how to thread the twine on a McCormick Reaper/Binder?

I ran one of those for one day each Summer during my High School and Uni years. I had ten acres of registerd Whitmar Beardless Wheatgrass that we bound and shocked usually on the Fourth of July. A week later we threshed it through a John Deare Model 55 self-propelled combine that we used as a semi-stationary threshing machine. We had: vacuumed its interior clean, removed its cutting bar, and opened wide the concave gap. The seed we bagged in gunny sacks and I used a big needle and chord to sew closed the bag tops. I hauled the bags of seed about 90 miles on a 1949 KB6 International truck to a seed facility where it was sold. That and a small scholarship paid for my Uni years.
I'd go directly to Mr. McCormick Reaper-Binder, who, being a very busy man, would promptly tell me to figure it out for myself and please leave him to his business!

Do you want to fly?
Not without my own wings.
Quote:
I'd go directly to Mr. McCormick Reaper-Binder,

Sorry, but Mr. McCormick passed away in 1884. I found a picture of the contraption: McCormick Grain Binder Illustration, we used a small Farmall wheel tractor in lieu of horses to pull it.

How far can you or have you swam underwater without an underwater breathing apparatus?
The entire length of an in-ground pool at my grandparents' apartment building (say about 40 feet). But that was when I was a teenager and obviously in much better shape.

What would happen if you found a four-leaf-clover under a ladder?
I'd pick it up to press and save but being clumsy I'd knock the ladder down in the process. I'm not superstitious but like 4 leaf clovers because they are rare.

What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
Finally seeing a dentist last year after several years of ignoring some really bad problems. I was terrified but it turned out to be one of the best things I've ever done. It's only one year later (and about two dozen visits) and I can't believe what an awesome difference.

If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Actually, I really like my name. I didn't when I was a kid, but I think that is pretty normal. If I was to change my name, it would be to something more original.My real name seems to be very popular lately.

Why do people say "Bless You" after a sneeze?
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] >>