Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Person Below Game

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > The Person Below Game   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] >>
umm...I like a few of them...not many though...they all start to sound the same to me. Sorry. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Do you like the Matthew Good Band?
Not sure who that is.During the winter months...do you hibernate or feel more live outside in the crisp air?
hibernate, I find winter incredibly depressing and confining.
Do you play ice hockey?
No, my ankles were too weak for any kind of skating. Still, when I was in high school, I went with my friends to a few impromtu skating parties at a frozen pond in the back half of a pasture a few miles from my hometown. We had to remember to close the barbwire gate behind us to keep any cattle from getting out. And back then we could still burn a couple wornout tires for heat and light; then a thermos or two of hot chocolate kept us warm on the inside.

Have or did you play basketball or volleyball at school, varsity, junior varsity, or intermural?
No I have never done that Smile Smilie
When was the last time you attend a wedding ?
About 3 months ago if I remember right.

How many pairs of jeans do you own?
I think it's about 10 ,but I only use 3 of them.Favourites Happy Elf Smilie
Do you own many suits/dresses ?
No, I don't.

Do you like to read old novels, like Don Quixote?
I really do: It started as a boy when I read 'Illustrated Classics'

Do you read something from our Scandinavian Myths?
I've read the English translation of the Icelandic Eldar Edda and a few other short bits from here and there, but that's about it.

When was the last time you got your ears lowered ( a haircut)?
about a month ago, which is really not good when you consider I work at a hair salon, but i'm tyring to grow it out so dad will quit calling me "dutch boy" (that is, by the way, an extremely annoying nickname when one is a girl...)
and when your clearly not dutch........

What do you think/hope the next life changing invention be???
Well, a recent news program said that they have already developed the hover/flying car(but it won't be available for the general public for 25 years yet) and now cars that can parallal park themselves...I would say vehicles that can totally drive without human assisstance. Are you a people person or an animal person...and why?? Puppy Smilie Cat Smilie
I believe I'm a person people though I have a black cat named BatmanCat Smilie I've always been interesting in peoples' stories and histories .I think of my self as a good listener and I like meeting new people Smile Smilie
If you could chose to play an instrument what would it be and why ?
Classical Guitar: I can get the notes to play on my Commodore 128/64 computer with the stereo cartridge, but I can't get the proper resonance and true harmonics when I enter them in slow time for real time playback. I'd like to be able to play the real instrument in real time.

What was your longest trip made by yourself? When I was sixteen I rode the then Great Northern Railroad's local afternoon milk/mail train from my home town 50 miles to Spokane Washington, where I later caught the Empire Builder at midnight for the 250 mile cross-state run to Everett Washington (30 miles north of Seattle), where I took a bus to Anacortes and called my Aunt in Oak Harbor to come and get me. On the return trip I accompanied my little sister, who was twelve at the time, from Everett via that same milk/mail train which left in the early hours of the morning to our home town, making a stop at almost every town in between.
Up to the Twin Cities, 90 miles, and even then I was with a bunch of friends.

Who has been on the top of the World Trade Center?
(I've been to New York City three times.)
I never travelled abroad so no I didnt.Iwish I could go there.have you ever had a lifelike dream?
Me neither, and no longer wish to go there; too painful.

Have you any artistic talent?
Quote:
have you ever had a lifelike dream?

I have had many, just had one this morning: beautiful girl was just about to kiss me... and my brother wakes me up. Very Sad Smilie

No, I don't consider myself to be any kind of an artist.

Do you know what a liger is?
a mix between a lion and a tiger, as seen on Napoleon Dynamite, if i remember correctly....

chocolate or strawberry milk?
Chocolate! But I don't go cuckoo for Coco Puffs.

Which do you prefer: Sugar Pops or Pop Tarts or neither?
Umm...I don't know what that first one is, but I do like Pop Tarts!

Do you know what NaNoWriMo is?
Gesundheit! Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie (That was the closest I could get to a sneezing smilie.) No I do not.

What is it?
I don't know either, but hum a few bars and I'll fake it.

Where has this tired old year gone to?
I don't know...down the drain?

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. A competition that starts every year on November 1st, and goes to the end of the month of november, where you write a novel. By the end of the month, in order to 'win' the contest, you must have written 50,000 words. I'm participating...almost done! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Why do people always rely on me to do things?
Maybe because you are a reliable person - you can take it as a compliment to your character.

Good luck with the NaNoWriMo!

What's the best thing that you've done or that has happened to you over this past year?
I cared for my daughter after an op...all is well now.

How many Christmas parties are you going to?
Maybe one; maybe none. I only have the one invite so far. Wiggle Smilie

Will you have to travel 'Over the river and through the woods' to get to grandmother's house for the holidays?
nope just down the canyon and through the city.

coloured or white xmas lites?
Coloured! Girls like my sister prefer white.....

To be or not to be?
To be....wiser,stronger and even more of a traveller in the coming new year. Not to be...as much of a chocoholic...lol. Animated Wink Smilie
(oops...).....Do you make New Years resolution, if so...how long do they last?
I don't think I've ever made a New Year's resolution, cos from what I've heard people hardly ever keep them - (probably because they were made with a glass of bubbly in one hand). Alcoholic Smilie

Though I'm sure they work for some people...

If I need to make some big change in my life I prefer to do it when the thought or option presents itself instead of waiting until the beginning of a new year.

What sport/hobby do you enjoy most? - that doesn't include watching sport on TV.
DDR (dance dance revolution, and it is sooo a sport no matter what people say, you should try it sometime. It's jolly good fun.

Water skiing or snow skiing?
Can't do either....but would love to snow ski.

I can just about cope with walking on my own 2 feet, don't know what would happen if I attached something to them Very Mad Smilie lol....lol....

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet (if you celebrate Chrimbo)?
Yes Smile Smilie I've bought many so far (20 )
Do you remember your first kiss ?
ya, it was from my mommy.... just kidding, it was actually one of my sister's friends.

All i want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth, how about you?
the Wii gaming system and those new metal DDR mats, both of which i'm getting. =D

What is your favorite christmas ornament and why?
An Angel Angel SmilieI find the Angel so beautiful and it gives me the symbol of X-mas more than Santa
Do you have any traditions during X-Mas ?
We would extend the holiday by having a special Christmas eve dinner and allowed to open one present.When myself and my four cousins were very young, we were told that all of God's creatures were able to talk amongst each other on the Eve..I had a collection of pets.My Grandma had a dog. So,after dinner we would pick out the one gift and quietly listen for what our pets would want to say.Ofcourse, we fell asleep before that happened Christmas Tree Smilie
What's your favorite type of Christmas tree : live, atrifical,flocked- if so, what color? Christmas Tree Smilie
Ooooh I don't mind what sort of Chrissie tree. I just love them all Christmas Tree Smilie

Have you got cold feet at the moment or are they warm and cosy
Currently I'm warm and cozy, but earlier today I had to throw a lap robe over my legs as I sat here at the computer. We've had an Arctic cold front move down from British Columbia and with no cloud cover for the first time this month the temperature outside is below freezing and it is supposed to get worse. This morning I sat in my bedroom soaking up the rays from the first sun we've seen in ages. November set an all-time record for monthly rainfall of over 21 inches. That's why I hate November; and we only have to endure three more months of it if we're lucky.

Where would you rather spend your winter?
I dunno...somewhere very nice like here. I like the snow, but I don't like the freezing cold like it gets here. I don't really like the heat...so, someplace nice.

How much water do you drink everyday?
...Not as much as I should, apparently...

What sort of snow do you like better- a little wet (good packing snow), dry (it means its colder, but the powder is pretty), that fun snow that's all soft and loose with a layer of crunchy ice on top (it's funny to watch people walk in...), or no snow at all?
The "a little wet" snow, that way it sticks onto all the trees, making it look very pretty.

What is the largest amount of snow you have had, on the ground, in the past six years, since 2000?

We had, in southeastern Minnesota, in March of 2002 I believe, 22 inches of snowfall in one snowstorm, and it stayed for a few weeks too. We had so much snow all over Minnesota that when Spring came, the Mississippi flooded, about twenty feet higher than where it normally sits.
And then another year, I think 2003, for several days during the week between Christmas and New Years, we had about two inches of ice covering the ground, especially the roads. I was wishing I had ice skates then, 'cause a person could have skated up and down the roads.
i'm not sure. i never really payed attention. But it does seem as if there is getting less and less every year. cursed global warming Mad Smilie apparantly they have more snow in the prarie provinces than they have here. CAN YOU BELIEVE??? When does that happen????!!!!i don't think we are going to be known for snow any longer.

Don't you think something should be done about it??
Yes - we'll all have to get snow makers - in the UK (Essex, where I'm from) we don't get much snow and when we do get a little drop EVERYTHING comes to standstill. I don't know how we'd cope with the amounts you all seem to be talking about. Seriously though, we should think about 'doing our bit' on the environmental issues. My youngest daughter is doing an Environmental Consevation degree.

When was the last time you lost your temper
Oh ;Yesterday at work Smile Smilie I hate it when colleagues don't follow routines and do what they are suppose to do ( I work with youth who has Autism and it is VERY important to stay focused)but I say it straight out and then I'm done with it Smile Smilie
Have you ever tried Bowling ?
nah i prefer other games/sports like soccer, badminton or basketball

When was the last time you re-read the lord of the rings book?
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] >>