Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Person Below Game

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > The Person Below Game   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] >>

I don't think any movie made me cry, books may do, though!

What are you doing to stay healthy during the winter season?
Staying warm; eating well; and above all, staying away from little children. :elfgrin:

Do you know why the sky is blue, the grass is green; and the sea looks blue-green?
The blue color of the sky is due to Rayleigh scattering. As light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air.
However, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. The absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. Whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.
As you look closer to the horizon, the sky appears much paler in color. To reach you, the scattered blue light must pass through more air. Some of it gets scattered away again in other directions. Less blue light reaches your eyes. The color of the sky near the horizon appears paler or white.
When the sky is brilliant blue, the sea is also, because it reflects the blue of the sky.
Grass appears green because all of the colors in the rainbow are absorbed into the leaves of the grass except green

what are your apsiration in life?
and the sea is blue-green because water is blue for the same reason that the sky is and the sea contains life and 'sea-grass' which is green Animated Wink Smilie

I aspire to make a difference in the people's lives who I come in contact with.

Why is it going to be 40C in Cape Town this Sunday - that's just madness?
because of global warming, that's why.

If you had a chance to kill someone you really hated who would it be(i'm imune as i asked the question, sorryElk Grinning Smilie
No one. Hasn't your mother taught you that it's not nice to kill?

What do you like to spend most of your time doing?
Nothing

What hoopy do you wish you could start up again?
crocheting, you did mean hobby, didn't you????

which do you prefer? running outdoors or on a treadmill?
I think it may depend on the weather conditions. Snowman Smilie Lighening Smilie There is a saying in Norway though: there is no bad weather; only bad clothing!

How many hours a week do you read? Read Smilie
Eight to ten a week at bedtimes, maybe an hour or two with the newspaper, plus maybe another hour a week searching books while working the forum. I seldom read my magazines. Of course I spend two to four hours here almost daily, which entails reading the monitor, but I don't think that was part of the question.

Have you ever swung from a rope into a swimming hole?
Nope I haven't Smile Smilie
Have you ever met your favourite actor ?
I haven't met any actors.

Have you ever met your favourite author?
My favourite writer is a certain Tolkien and yes I have met him, but regrettably only in his writings.

What would you do if your favourite celebrity asked you for help?
Depends on the nature of the request and whether I would comply with the same request from a non-celebrity. Change a flat tire: probably were I able. Monetary loan: doubtful. Small monetary donation: possibly. Use of telephone: undoubtedly. Food or shelter: probably.

Which shoe do you put on first: left, right, or center. Elk Grinning Smilie
Left and right together or left first; center? Shocked Smilie

What edged weapon would you take into battle?
A good, strong sword. I like swords better than guns, by far. I think they are more fair.

What do you prefer, guns or edged weapons like swords, axes, maces and the like?
If the intention is to get rid of annoying enemies, guns are the efficient ones, even though pushing the red button may be most efficient, killing-wise. If duelling or rather killing strangers face to face is the intention, I may be a weirdo and need a straight-jacket.

Is it possible to prevent war?
No...not with humans around. we have to change our priorities for that to happen.

do you have exams??
Luckily I've passed my exams, not all with flying colours, though, but I passed!

How are you planning a career as an artist!
i'm not an artist and never thought of being so.

Do you like to go out VERY often with friends
Once a week we gather friends!

Does the danger of extreme weather frighten you?
It always does ..though I love to watch the programmes at Discovery Channel
What is your future plans ?
Immediate future....do some dishes and go to bed (its getting late!)...next ten years...raise my kids to be productive, law-abiding citizens...long range plans...travel, travel, travel!

If you could travel to anywhere in the world (this world), where would you go?
I guess it may be "The New World"; North-America where some of my family settled in Chicago, and some settled in the "Scandinavian" part of USA.

Wouldn't it be nice to find relatives and roots when one is travelling the world?
Oh ..Rafael , That would be great Smile Smilie I often wonder if I would find lost relatives in Ireland/Scotland coz I love it so much..(the nature and music..)
What's your favourite Snack while watching a movie ?
i personally always enjoy a good wad of SKOAL Mint chewing tobacco.

Which did you do first, read the LOTR books or watch the movies?
i watched the first and second movie first but read the last book before the third movie.

do u watch the new hit t.v show heroes?
Yes, Heroes on Mondays is the only network show I watch weekly; though I can catch the repeat Fridays on the SciFi channel.

How many books do you own?
It is probably 500 to 700 books around the house I love to read thoughRead SmilieI would love to make my own library..(how many du you own Grondmaster ?)
What are your plans for the weekend ?
A friend of mine is reading some of his poems in a pub Saturday evening, I plan to drop in.

Are you engaging yourself in your community this winter?
As always Smile Smilie I enjoy being committed in some sort considering the local community , if it is school , health care ..and sometimes they even listen to what I'm suggest
How do you prepare for an exam/test ?
"I never met an exam I couldn't flunk without studying!" (I made that up almost fifty years ago as a Freshman at what is now Washington State University.) However, toward passing a course I did study: If it was a course I liked I just kept up with the daily homework and reviewed my notes for an hour or two the night before the test. If it was a course I disliked, I had to review all the homework and spend a few hours going over my notes. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's my story and I'm stuck with it.

How many people does it take to stop an argument?
I have no clue, but it only takes two to start it.

Do you like to study ancient and medieval history in your free time?
I don't study but I do read lot of history Smile Smilie I love everything about it ...
What movie would you like to be a part of ?
It has to be a movie that doesn't make another celebrity, that seems to be to stressing!

Quote:
I have no clue, but it only takes two to start it.
It looks as if it takes a lot more people to stop an argument, then to start it!

Why would you be part of a movie?
I'd like to be the third reel; when I'm finished we can all go home.

Do you know where you are?
YES......
How old were you when you got your first kiss?
I am 16, and haven't gotten it yet.

What's your favorite subject in school?
I do not go to school Smile Smilie I'm working ...but it was always ENGLISH
What's the colour of your eyes ?
Deep Blue, as one of my previous Avatars proved correct...

What's your oppinion on the Slinky!!!???
If slinky is a toy, as one of the characters in 'Toy story' I'm not very much impressed. If slinky has another meaning I'd like to be informed!

Did you enjoy the animationcartoon movie of LOTR?
Not as much as PJs' movies
What was the last concert you attended
last concert was...lamb of god, if i remember right, was awesome and u could hear it all the way down the block.

When it comes to dr. pepper do u prefer regular, berries and cream of cherry/vanilla?
I usually buy a cube (24-12 ounce cans)of Diet Dr. Pepper and when it's available, a couple liters of the cherry-vanilla; this along with a cube of Diet Pepsi, two cubes of Diet 7-Up, and a 12 pack of Barq's Diet Root Beer will last me three weeks.
Alcoholic Smilie
What is your favorite flavor of Ice Cream?
I do prefer vanilla, pure as pure can be! Sometimes I can try some walnut in it! I take it that icecream is made the Norwegian way.

When it comes to dr. pepper do u prefer regular, berries and cream of cherry/vanilla? Such a beverage is not common in our part of the World! So I haven't tasted it yet!

How often do you make your own dinner?
All the time. Im a better cook than my girlfriend, so i normally cook.

When was the last time that you were not slightly, but completely and utterly lost?
I may be totally lost in a maredream, but not on a regular basis.

How much more snow do we have to endure before this winter is accepted as normal?
hopefully not much more cuz i'm going insane, but i leave for sunny beaches, palm trees, the ocean and warm weather in 24 hours, w00t!!!

what is considered a "normal" winter?
In my part of the country it should be 60 days with snow and -5 to -10 Celsius. Someone is telling that Norwegian are born with skis on their feet, but our mothers are quite normal!
Maybe some of us are born after-skiers.

Wouldn't it be nice if all who prefer can spend Winter in Summerland (for free, that is)!!?
Quote:
Wouldn't it be nice if all who prefer can spend Winter in Summerland
Oh ,Rafael ...you can do so in your imaginationAngel Smilie
But to answer your question ..that's why we live up north dadVery Evil Smilie
What made you laugh today ?
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] >>