Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Person Below Game

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > The Person Below Game   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] >>
Because cats are lazy, and swimming or flying would take a lot of work without fins or wings. I think flying would also require a pilot's license. And most importantly, a wee itty-bitty pilot's hat. Have you ever tried to get something on a cat's head?? T'ain't happenin' bub. Wink Smilie

What's your favorite NON-Tolkien book that you ever read?
Let me think, only one is rather hard.
I would have to say Celtic Myths and Legends, particularly the tragic and heartbreaking tale of the Children of Lir. Such pain and suffering and yet such dignity and love all thrown together.Yes that will always remain my favorite I think outside Tolkien.

Which terrain and atmosphere makes you feel the most healthy and at peace?

I feel best in a forested mountain area, preferably with a lake or river or stream somewhere about. I would like to either be alone or with my daughter as she and I share a very special, unspoken bond and if there were a couple of horses with me/us, I wouldn't complain. Smile Smilie

Do you like Italian food?
I'm not a big fan of pasta but I do like italian PIZZA
Do you like Jamie Oliver ? (the chief )
Not enough data, though I don't dislike him.

Which is your favorite soft drink?
I usually drink Diet Pepsi, but once in a while (when I'm willing to splurge on the extra calories) I love Mug Root Beer. Especially with a nice big scoop of vanilla ice cream in it.

What is your favorite alcoholic drink?
Depends on the occasion: beer with pizza, wine with pasta, Jynnan Tonnyx at cocktail parties. As a rule I seldom inbibe.

Do you ever wear headgear: like a cap, hat, or scarf?
Usually a baseball cap. My favorite is a navy blue "Samuel Adams" hat -- that should tell you *MY* favorite alcoholic beverage LOL! I received it with last year's annual report (I'm a shareholder -- up 5% this past week, new all time high WOO-HOO).

Do you have any plans for Father's Day?
My daughter and her new boyfriend are here; my grandson is with his dad.

How many siblings do you have; do/did you fight with or for them?
I have four and we never fought, period. We were very good friends and cherished one another. I cannot imagine how it would have been had we fought, we were all very sensitive each in our own way.
Happy Father's day all of you daddies. Bless you all.

Did you ever cry in public and couldn't make yourself stop no matter how you tried and if so were you little or older?
I cried at my uncles funeral when I was in my teens and at my father's when I was in my late thirties. However, I was able to pull myself out of it within a few minutes.

What is the longest you ever lived in the same place: dwelling or area?
Ummm, I lived in the house I grew up in until I was 12, then we moved to a place just down the road for two years. So I lived in the area for 14 years total I guess.

What is your favorite type of weather?
I love great big noisy thunderstorms.

How long does it take you to read a book?
Matchbook, checkbook, or novel? I recently finished one in six hours non-stop and as I do my reading in bed when I'm supposed to be sleeping, I often don't remember the ending after a day or two. Usually I read until I drop the book three times and then I turn off the light. It took me three nights to read H. P. and the Half-Blood Prince.

What is your favorite breakfast?
A sandwich with ham and cheese on salad
What is your typical day like ?
This could take some typing! Get up, take dogs out, get dressed, feed rabbits, get Grandpa's breakfast and empty dishwasher, feed dogs, eat breakfast with Grandpa, check email and ebay auctions, do cleaning laundry lawnwatering or whatever or pack and ship sold items, get Grandpa's lunch, take dogs out and do more of whatever including sewing and painting especially of things I've been paid to make, On wednesdays go to visit Grandma, tea or pop for Grandpa at 4:30, start getting dinner ready, veggies for rabbits, eat dinner, feed dogs, relax some maybe, more feed and water for rabbits at 9pm, take my pills, clean water for birds, let dogs out, shower and go to bed and read. Of course there'r a few other things like answering the phone and holding the horse for the vet or the farrier and taking a dog to the vet.. Sorry if this was boring.

Do you collect anything, stamps, coins or figurines for instance?
Sian o'the Green, that was a busy day and no dear,it was interesting to read
To answer your question : I collect books..I love to read
If you could visit a memorial place , where would it be and why ?
I would dearly love to visit the Holocaust Memorials all over Europe because during World War II, a lot of my family perished in Nazi death camps, as did too many Polish and Hungarian Jews. Specifically, I would like to go to the one at Dachau, as that was where most of my family members were. Such a sad and horrible time, that was. I do know, without getting too political, that there were worse genocidal crimes committed by Mao Ze Tong of China and other such atrocities, so I do not dwell on how my father's people were so persecuted wrongly, I only pray for all lost loved ones in those kind of situations.

Have you ever had an experience with other-worldly entities that you can remember?
I sure as heck hope not. Those things scare the begeebies out of me! Wary Smilie

Do you reduce? reuse? recycle?
All three, but especially reuse & recycle.

Do you have trouble making a realistic budget and sticking to it?
Sadly...yeah granted its not very realistic, me with a part-time job and all...but I try....

When you were younger did you ever dream of visiting a foreign country? If so...which one(s)?
Oz and John Carter's Mars (I was too old by the time I learned about Middle-earth and Narnia: 27 in fact.)

When you have an ice cream cone, do you take bites from it or just lick around the edges?
Some of both; the Drumstick things are good but you have to eat the nutty coating off before you can lick at the ice cream underneath.

Besides insects and reptiles, are there any animals you are particularly afraid of?
I've always been unnerved by monkeys....

If you could have an accent that is foreign (to your home country) what sort of accent would it be?

I've been stuck on foreign things and writing all day long...Big Smile Smilie
I would love to have an Irish accent. They're so cool, or if not me at least my boyfriend! *mmmm...Irish boyfriend*

Has there been someone in your life that you met for a short time, but they taught you something that changed your life? If so, explain!
Actually, yes. When I was going through my divorce a few years ago, I met a girl (who had been through a divorce a few years earlier), and we dated for a few months. She taught me how to get past my anger and move on with my life, and also how to see more than "just the bad things" from my failed marriage.

So if it hadn't been for her, I don't think I would have eventually met my fiancée a year later.

What was your favorite subject in school?
English and history ..though I do not attend school anymore they are still my favouritesSmile Smilie
What is your best SUMMER experience so far in life ?
Most definately last summer, when I basically went on vacation, and got to see Las Vegas, and the Hoover Dam...first time I saw a tumbleweed rolling across the highway...we ran over it...I had a great time!

If you could have any supernatural/super/strange/whatever power/abilty; what would it be, and why?

And by the way..yes Lemaly...Irish boyfriend....sounds nice..Big Smile Smilie
Oh definitely the power to heal hurts and physical ailments and afflictions as well as the power to get from here to there instantly by bilocation. I must choose both and I could do so m uch good for so many people.

If you were given a great deal of monies with a stipulation you must use it to purchase land anywhere in the world and build and live on it, where would that be and why?
Can this be based sorta in the future? Because if It could, I'd buy the air, and build an airship to live in/on, in my air. And then I'd charge people to rent airships or build their own to live in my air. Big Smile Smilie

Why do you think the sky is blue?
Because God's sister lost all the purple Crayolas®. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

What did you do yesterday evening?
Went on Planet Tolkien, same as usual.

Hey Icey, for that rent you should charge mithril. Then we'd finally have a way to spend some of it, LOL!

What are you planning to do this weekend?
Going to a party Saturday night otherwise cooking, cleaning birdcages, taking care of dogs, ironing etc.

Do you like being barefoot?
Only on the beach or in bed Smile Smilie
Could you work in Moria as some of the dwarfs did ?
Heck no, I'm such a weakling. And I also like the trees and wilderness too much to live underground. Also, darkness frighten me *cowers in corner*...eep.

If you could do anything with your life without the hindrance of money, what would you do?
I would spend more time going to quiet outdoor places... be alone with my thoughts and take in the nature... I don't do enough of that, though I do live on a hill, it's a hill that has a huge city built on it and at the base all the way around... But that's what I would do...

Would you rather go and be with nature or go out for day visiting new cities etc?
I would much rather go out into nature. I have always wanted to just pick a direction and go off walking in the forest, if it weren't for the obvious danger in that. It would be great to explore and see what kind of spectacular places I could stumble upon.

What is the song that means the most to you?
Oh that changes from time to time as I learn and hear more things. But I love the words Annie Lennox sings in Return of the King,is it that one, they all converge in my mind. I love the imagery of others waiting for you in that place, others that have fought the fine fight and have departed from the scene having completed their part in the story. It breaks my heart and gives me the strength to keep on the fight for good and to help the broken and especially the children of this world while I am here.

What is the highest building you have ever been in and did you enjoy looking down?
I was in the Skylon tower in Niagara falls Canada once. I'm pretty sure it's the biggest 'building' I've ever been in. It's 520 feet tall....which is smaller than the CN tower in Toronto, but still pretty dang big! lol.

How long have you gone without having your favorite food/drink?
Actually Lemaly, I had spaghetti last night, which is one of my favorite foods! I love it!

Let's make this one a little easier!

What time do you normally wake up?
Usually around 6:30 when the cat jumps up on the bed and starts walking up and down my back. "MEOW!!! TIME FOR BREAKFAST!!! MEOW!!! FEED MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Do you have any pets?
Not since my mother's cat, Sheba died; I do have a couple spiders I fish out of the sink after they go on a water drinking binge and get stuck in it. But it is more of a relationship that the pet and master thingy; if they stay out of my people area and stay in the dark corners and away from those near my bed, I'll save their hairy little legs from the newspaper wielder and the gurgling drain. Angel Smilie
When was the last time you went swimming?
Last year when we went on a cruise in August (my first ever). I can't understand why the Hobbits are so afraid of boats, this one was awesome. They would've loved all the food (and drink). Wink Smilie

Have you ever been on a cruise? Where? What did you think of it?
I have been on a ferry to go about 50 miles once, but not on a cruise ship... I'd be too concious of the rumours that the food is contaminated, you get the most cases of Food Poisening when you are on a big cruise ship than any other way of travelling... I'd rather fly to Barbados Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

If you could play a classical music instrument absolutely perfectly, what would it be?
Classical guitar, I love it. Wouldn't mind being able to play flamenco on it either. Wiggle Smilie

Where have you lived the majority of your lifetime? I've lived in this city 43 years, this apartment 26 years, those are both longer than the time I spent at my parent's first or second homes in two different towns, individually or combined; or my in first and second houses in this city.
I lived for the first fifteen years of my life in a small village called Camlachie...great place.

what do you do to de-stress yourself?
Relax myself and unwind. Read books maybe. Have a nice long, hot, steamy bath and massages.

Out of all instruments in the world which one would you play?
Well, I'd like to play this little wind instrument called the ocarina. It has a really cool look to it, and it sounds beautiful, though I've never seen a real one.

Are you really happy right now?
We had some friends stay over the weekend, they were returning from a trip to Kansas. They are really good friends, and we hadn't seen them for seven years. I had my first kiss on Sunday, words cannot describe how I feel, or what she's like I Love You Smilie . Though I seriously don't have much luck with keeping a relationship, because she lives in California.
I'm positively thrilled. We are less than two weeks away from moving into our new house, and all of the "business" end of it (lawyers, mortgage, insurance, inspectors, etc) has been going without a hitch... SO FAR! (knock on wood) Now we just have to survive packing & moving.

Do you have a pet? What is it? How old? What is its name?
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] >>