Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Person Below Game

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > The Person Below Game   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] >>
Quote:
Yes, today is Sunday and we watched the Broncos stomp the Chiefs while putting up the gigantic Christmas tree. I think Grandpa enjoyed it all.

I missed that game!! (I am a huge Denver fan that lives near Dallas, but Dallas is #2) To busy watching the Cowboys almost lose to Detroit! Detroit!

P.S. I know this doesn't follow the game, I'm completely sorry....
Yes, I have seen Santa Claus; in fact lots of him. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

How often do you get your hair cut/permed?
I manage to get to the discount hair place for a trim a few times a year, not as often as I should, I know.

What color is your hair and what color would you like it to be?

Hi fellow Bronco fan, Gimli-man!
My hair color is a blondish-red (I know, its pretty weird). I would prefer it to be completely blonde.
What is your favorite sport? (To watch and/ or play)
Thanks, fellow Bronco
Football or soccer as some call it Smile Smilie I also like handballSmile Smilie
Quote:
How often do you get your hair cut/permed?

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow ..goodbye to brown curly hair Smile Smilie
What is your favourite coulour on eyes ?
Green, but it doesn't really matter, because it's what's on the inside that counts. Wiggle Smilie

How tall are you?
About 5' 6", but still growing(hopefully!) I'm a sophmore in high shool, if anybody is curious.... Paranoid Smilie

Do you have any pets?
I have a parakeet and cat that live inside with us, plus three dogs and three puppies that are outside pets.

What is your favorite holiday and why?
I like the Winter Solstice best.. then Thanksgiving. I think both are quiet meditative times plus I just like the time of year when the sun goes down early.

What is your favorite animal?
I dont know, I like dogs a lot and I also like cats...... but I think I will have to go with dogs.

Have you ever flown on an airplane?
Fifty-one safe landings thank heavens, with only one aborted takeoff at Glasgow and one aborted landing at Chicago's Ohara.

What did you tell Santa you wanted for Christmas?
I asked Santa for a portable dvd player, to use while on 10 hours train rides to New York City, to visit friends and museums. Are there any people out there who like a non-traditional Christmas? Standing Up Santa Smilie
If there is, than I am most definently not one of them! Smiling Santa Smilie

Do you prefer home-cooked meals, or 'going-out-to-eat' meals?
Home-cooked!

What is your favorite thing about the Christmas season?
The smell of fresh-cut evergreens and people trying to get along with everyone else.

If your family keeps Christmas, when do you open the presents: Christmas Eve, Christmas morning, one a day during the Twelve Days of Christmas, on the Epiphany (Twelth Night in honor of the three wise men), at some other time, or not at all?
lol A hard question o answer. My family has 3 Christmas get togethers, one just this part of the family, and one for each set of grandparents. My family normally opens on Christmas Eve. This year we are having one on Saturday, Monday and another on Tuesday.

To continue, same question as Grondy.
My daughter and her boyfriend are coming here tonight after spending the day with his grandparents who live in the vicinity, so we will be having Christmas tomorrow. They are going skiing at Levenworth WA USA Christmas Eve and day. My ex-son-in-law has my grandson this Christmas so I'll use the the phone to call him, my brother, and my sister on Christmas Day. I'll probably go to the early Christas Eve church service.

And we may as well continue the previous question:

If your family keeps Christmas, when do you open the presents: Christmas Eve, Christmas morning, one a day during the Twelve Days of Christmas, on the Epiphany (Twelth Night in honor of the three wise men), at some other time, or not at all?
Christmas morning, only once have we opened a(1) present on Christmas Eve.

Why not, Same question.
As I've already answered the question above, I'll as a different one today.

What do you call the jolly old man dressed in red with white hair and beard Fat Santa Smilie who visits the good little girls and boys with his bag of toys: Santa Claus, St. Nicholas, Kris Kringle, or whatever?
I call him Popo, which is Sweedish for Grandfather!!! Big Smile Smilie Yes, my grandfather is Santa Claus. He is a real-bearded Santa Claus, not one of them stupid fake bearded ones(sorry if that offends...)He works in College Station, Texas from around Thanksgiving to New Years. If you are aroud the area, go to Santa's Wonderland, and you will see him, and possibly me too! (I work there a couple of weekends a year!) Fat Santa Smilie

What is your favorite time of the year?
The warm part of Spring when the cold rains are over, the flowers are blooming, and we can take walks in the sunshine wearing short sleeve shirts without worrying about sunburn.

Same question again: What is your favorite time of the year?
I love fall and winter best but spring is nice too.

Do you plan to celebrate New Year's Eve?
Yes

Same question Question Smilie
Oh, I might order in a pizza, drink a bottle of Samuel Adams Winter Lager, and watch the midnight TV program of the fireworks display at the Space Needle.

And what are you planning on doing New Years Eve and/or Day?
I don't have any special plans at the moment except I always like to watch the Tournament of Roses Parade. We have some tiny little bottles of champagne so we'll probably drink one, otherwise its same old, same old.

Do you have a head cold? (I hope not!)
Not yet, but I went to the dentist this morning to start getting a broken tooth capped, so I suppose I was innundated by a few thousand germs. Hopefully my immune system will fight them off. Normally I hardly ever catch cold or flu as I stay away from little children and most public places.

Next promises to stay sober and not to make a fool of themselves tonight.
I do! I can't legally drink anyway, even if i could ,i wouldn't. I refuse to drink achohol.

Did you stay up all night on New Year's Eve?
Yes - till 4am - had friends over and they 'first footed' us we had a great time dancing and singing :o)

Do you know what 'first footing' means?
Nope, at first I thought it had something to do with that first step on the ice, but I guess that's not even close.

Can someone tell us what 'first footing' means?
No, but why need a footing when you have wings?

Does someone feellike they've been born anew?
I did once upon a time..

Did the Person Below miss PT while it was down?
Sure did SianSmile Smilie
Have you ever needed a operation at the hospital ?
Too many times!!!

What did you do while you couldn't post on P-T this past week?
Checked it everyday to see when it came back on! (no, i had nothing better to do.....) Big Smile Smilie

Same Question
Quote:
It's traditional in Scotland to go "first-footing" on Hogmanay, a wonderful excuse to go out visiting friends and partying all night, but certain things are essential to make your New Year go with a swing.
Here's our pocket guide....

Hawf (half) Bottle
Your most important travelling companion. For it's traditional - and polite - to offer just about everyone you see a "dram". It's also traditional for it to be whisky. Though in these more cosmopolitan times, it could be anything alcoholic.

Lump of Coal
In days of yore never mind the whisky, it was traditional for First Footers to carry a lump of coal with them. This was lovingly placed on the host's fire. If you're determined to do Hogmanay by the book then take the coal by all means but be prepared for some grief when you set it on top of the central heating radiators!

Toasts
Not pieces of carbonised bread in case of hunger pangs on your New Year yomp, but the good wishes you bestow on Hogmanay gatherings.

A simple and appropriate one is:
A guid New Year to ane an a' And mony may ye see
(A good New Year to one and all And many may you see)

The more jingoistic may offer:
Here's tae us. Wha's like us. Damn few, and they're a' deid!
(Here's to us. Who's like us. Not many, and they're all dead!)

Depending on the type of gathering you are attending you may hear other "toasts". They could be:
Gaun yoursel', Big Man!
(You're a big chap, drinking a lot and are going to continue to do so!)

Gie it laldie!
(Party furiously!)

Map
An absolutely essential item. Not to make sure you get home again - rather to make sure you don't! Have it all marked up with the best parties and bashes so you don't miss a jig!

Six Pack
Not so much in case the whisky runs out. More in case your party spirit runs dry. Then it makes a handy seat on the pavement while you await that elusive taxi home. However, should you be actually taking it to drink then make sure it's "good quality" Jocko Brew, hand it over generously to your hosts and quickly find something more palatable.

A Tall, Dark Handsome Stranger
The first person to cross the threshold at Hogmanay brings all the luck, good or bad, for the year ahead. And, to follow in tradition they have to fulfil certain criteria.
They have to be male, tall, dark and handsome. They cannot be doctors, ministers or grave-diggers (!) - oh, and your first footer cannot have eyebrows that meet in the middle! If you do find a first footer that fits the bill (for remember, we Scots might be handsome but, as a race, we're not renowned for our height) then hang on to them - you could make a packet!
P.S. Being a First Footer is great because tradition dictates you can claim a kiss from every lady in the place! XXXXX!

Hangover Cure
This isn't part of your First Foot Pack as such, more something you'll need as dawn breaks the following morning with a thunderous bang in your heid! We only have two suggestions - take to a darkened room or keep partying.
Seriously, we'd be very interested in your hangover remedies and we'll display the best so other can benefit from your hard-earned wisdom.

Sorry it's so long but first footing is good fun......hic.......hic.....

At first I thought I had done something wrong on PT Paranoid Smilie I then realised there was a fault....phew!!!!! After that I just pined to get on PT....when you're busy it's ok but when you can't log onto PT you REALLY want to get on!!!!

Do you use a hankie or a tissue??
Tissues, my snot-locker too soon overloads hankies; though red or blue bandannas are almost sufficient receptacles.

What are you going to do after you finish posting today?
Take another Vicodin for the pain in my knee (Doc thinks I may havae torn cartilage and I've been limping since October so I'm really ready for whatever it is to get fixed up) and then float away on my little pink cloud to go back to sleep...

Person below, how are you doing today?

M, I just loved the stuff about Hogmanay in Scotland - it would be so nice to be there for it sometime!
Do you think Hogmanay is related to Hogwatch?
Smile Smilie It might be! I can imagine a wild Scottish boar coming down out of the Highlands to dress in red... Och, Aye!
What are you going to do next?
Reply to this thread!

Have you ever lost something that you now miss very much?
My little scrapbook of creative writing in elementary school, which I burned because I didn't want anyone to read the sensitive side of me. I can't even remember half of it, but I remember being proud of it.

Do you feel a twinge of remorse when you have to cut off young shoots and throw away bulbs because you don't have enough room for them all?
No can't say I ever have; not even when I have had to throw away onions that have gone bad because they have sat in the bottom of the refrigerator's vegie keeper too long. Which reminds me I better eat some of those red grapefruit that are sitting in there.

Do you ever forget to eat the fruit and vegies that are sitting in your refrigerator, because doing so would be too much bother?
Yes, I do this alot actually. Not sure if I get lazy at times or think that cooking for one person is such a bother. Dog Smilie Next person, how long after the new year do make/keep your resolutions or break them?
I don't even bother making them anymore I'm so bad.. Shocked Elf Smilie

Next, what was the most recent thing that happened to you that made your heart beat fast?
I had a go on a new type of rowing machine at the London Boat Show last week.

How many of your Christmas presents from last Christmas are still in view of you at this precise moment?
A box of chocolates... which are, strictly speaking, not in "view" any more... Very Big Grin Smilie And a purse which I don't think I'll ever use because it's so fancy... I keep it hanging behind my door, and the only reason it's in view right now is cuz my door's closed!

Do you like to play with hourglasses?

If I am really really bored I will! Very Big Grin Smilie

Do you like to travel?
Yes, I do alot. Actually leaving this saturday for NYC. Three of my dearest friends live many miles away. I travel to NY, VA, and eastern PA to visit them. Have traveled to Southern CA.From San Diego down the coast to Baja & Mexico border. Also down the east coast as far as Savana,GA. If you travel, wheres your favorite place to go? Elf Smilie
Ronda Spain in the mountains above Marbella and to the east of Jerez de la Frontera.

How much change do you currently have in your pocket or purse? State the denominations and their quantities.

<< [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] >>