Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Person Below Game

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > The Person Below Game   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] >>
I live on five acres of prairie but only the area by the house actually grows very much, the rest is wild flowers, cactus and funny weeds.

Person below, what would you have growing around your dwelling if you had a choice and unlimited energy and income?
Hmmm... get a team of expert scientists to genetically modify birch trees until they grew to hundreds of metres, them plant them in a huge forest all around my house.
I'd name the new species mallorn.

Person below can't go without their breakfast in the morning.
You are right. I can't do without my breakfast.

Next would love to live in a house full of books and books and books.
Absolutely! Bibliophile thy name is Sian!

The person below has a favorite place to sit and read.
No, I do most of my reading lying in bed at night. My Kindle2 now has 50 plus books on it and it was a blessing in the nursing home.

Do you have a song you hate to hear, because it always turns into an earworm; which one is it? Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
There is one such. The song from a movie called 'A Walk to Remember'.

Next loves nuts better than squirrels.
Nuts are tasty but squirrels are cute Smile Smilie

Next person, do you like cashews?
Me like'ms ka-chews.

Next person doesn't like walnuts in their chocolate chip cookies (biscuits).
Not 'etten' them yet.

Next would have seen the movie 'A Walk to Remember'.
It sounds very familiar so I think I have but can't say I remember it right now. This is in no way a testament to the quality of the movie, just to my aging memory.

Next person, are you just going to sleep or just waking up?
Neither, it is almost 6 pm where I live.

What did you eat for your last meal?
Dosas and puri.

The next could have a guess at my nationality.
Indian? What I would clarify as being East Indian as opposed to Native American Indian. (The term Indian is slowly becoming obsolete here as a designation for Native Americans.)

Next person: What is your nationality?
American.

I'd say Undomiel was Indian from India, rather than East Indian from the East Indies (Malaysia, etc) and certainly not indigenous to any of the Americas.

Do you still live in the same city, town, village, as your parents; if not how far away from them are you?
I'm a teenager (though I hate to use the word Rolling Eyes Smilie ) so I live with my parents.

What's your dream job?
I love the sewing job I have now Smile Smilie It's just hard to do it and keep up with the house and family too.

Person Below, what wild animal do you find most interesting?

Grond, your right, I forgot about Malaysia being the East Indies..
Not sure, maybe the giraffe or the sloth.

When you come home from work or school, do you dress up or down?

Some blue collar workers in the eastern US changed into suit and tie from their work-day clothes; out here in the west I changed out of my suit and tie into blue jeans and a chambray shirt.
Down, I usually just pull my overalls of and walk around in my boxers

Do you love History?
Yup, how else can we tell when we humans have made the same mistakes, yet once again.

When will they ever learn; when will they ever learn?
When the flowers have gone..

Where have all the young girls gone?
Beleive me, I have nothing to do with that.

For the next person, speak on something that you love.

How did you guess at me an Indian Grondy and Sian. But it was right on the mark.
I love reading, I suppose. I like being taken to another place, time or even world, and then relating to and becoming interested in the characters and plot.
Oh, and I think the only reason that Grondy and Sian guessed your nationality correctly, Undomiel, is the Indian food (dosas and puri) that you said you ate. A tenuous connection, but right nonetheless!

Next has read a Terry Pratchett book (or books!).
Yes I have read all or most of them, the last one being Unseen Academicals about playing futbol in Ankh-Morpork.

Have your read The Gathering Storm, the latest book in 'The Wheel of Time' series?
Nay, sadly. I've read the first three but have yet to go out and buy the rest of the series.

Do you find biographies interesting?
No longer though I read many of them in elementary school.

How did you break your fast this morning?
Not yet though my stomach growls. I must be a hobbit instead of an elf to have such a ravenous appetite. And to call myself a Vanyarin at that.

Next would have a voracious appetite but for books.
Books and food both!

Person below, do you have any allergies?
Well, my nose is running due to the high pollen count.

Which is your favorite hat, if you ever wear one?
I have a sort of broad brimmed woven grass gardening hat that I wear if I'm going to be out in the sun.

When you were a child did you have a favorite stuffed animal?
Yes, I had a brown and tan teddy I called 'Bearkins'.
Question, please? Smile Smilie
The next would wish you were in a medieval time period or the ancient ages of Tolkien's books.
Absolutely. I love old things and, although I know life used to be harder than it is now I'd like to live when life was slower..

Next person: What time period would you prefer to live in and why?
The 80's. Way better than 2010 IMO. We rely on technology too much.

Do you agree?
Well, the eighties aren't that long ago. We still relied on technology to a huge extent then.
I'm not sure what time period I would have liked to live in. Possibly in the Stone Age, living in a clan of hunter-gatherers. I know it sounds a bit weird, but I think that life was probably more fulfilling back then.

Next has seen the movie Braveheart.
Yes, it's among my top favorites! You live near where it took place, don't you Fornac? It must be exciting to have so much history all around. And I think living in a time nearer the stone age sounds good too.

What is your favorite movie (in addition to LOTR)?
I would like to say the entire Star Wars Saga, but that is cheating. So Either 'The Empire Strikes Back' or 'Revenge of the Sith'.

Do you think the Star Wars Movies are better than the LOTR Movies?
I love it when this happens. No one will admit that George Lucas is superior to Peter Jackson on a Tolkien forum. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
Those movies are like apples and oranges. Like comparing classic rock to classical chamber music is won't work from either side, so we may as well agree to disagree.

Do you part your hair, if so where?
Ummm...parted differently every day.Sometimes to the right, sometimes down the center... sometimes, not parted at all.

Have you ever been in the habit of biting your fingernails?
Hi Clover! Great to see you back here! I tear at my nails but don't usually do any biting.

Person below, what do you think your worst habit is?
Pick my nose?

What is your favorite hobby.
Fish keeping

full cream or low fat milk?
Lactose intolerant.

What's your favourite cocktail?
jynnan tonnyx

How many miles/klicks do you walk in a day?
I walk around two miles everyday except maybe on weekends.

Seen 'How to train your dragon' yet?
I haven't seen it yet, but I would like too, although I have too many films I should see but haven't, I missed Sherlock Holmes, Alice in Wonderland (but that is probably still on), and a few others, but 'How to Train Your Dragon' would send me back to my Scandinavian roots, whereas Ama wouldn't need sending Happy Elf Smilie.

What are your ancestral roots?
One half Slovak and/or Czech, one quarter Scot, one quarter French-German = all Americans.

What are you planning on doing this weekend?
This weekend, I think I'm going to see the films I have wanted to see at the cinema. I think Robin Hood will be a definite one. Ready the popcorn and hopefully comfy seats Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie.

What was the last film you saw at the cinema? And did you like it?
It was either 'Bolt' or 'Star Wars; Clone Wars'.

Grondy, that was the chickens way out on that answer. It is hilarious that no one will admit that George Lucas is better than Peter Jackson.

Do you live in a house, bungalow, semi-detached, or garage?

<< [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] >>