Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: How much mithril do you have?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > How much mithril do you have?   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] >>
I have 1180 pieces of mithril at the moment and with them I could buy lotrk extended version of the 3rd part,a 15 day holiday to N.Zealand and that beautiful dress that cought my eye yesterday!!!
When I logged in today I found that my pile of mithril now amounted to exactly 18,000 (eighteen thousand) pieces, with which I can purchase the Moon or a certain bridge in Brooklyn were I able to find a sucker to sell it.
I have 738 mithril

I could buy a friend!
Turin, I have 12, 563 today, but I'll be your friend for nothing.
Being a newbie I have 80 pieces, what'll it buy? Not much of anything.. ah I know! I'm headed for the pub! Hey, that Vee scares me does anyone know about that barbeque grill?
Quote:
Gandalf-olorin
Turin, I have 12, 563 today, but I'll be your friend for nothing.

It's a date! ...ummm i mean deal! :p

you drive a hard bargain. Smile Smilie
9241 Smile Smilie I hope it's enough to invite all of you to a partyPary Smilie

Ladies, I'm rich and I am old!! Marry me!!

Elk Grinning Smilie
I'm married, old and not rich, 3.125 Vir collects new wives, I collect friends! But I don't have to buy 'em I hope! I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Quote:
I can purchase the Moon or a certain bridge in Brooklyn were I able to find a sucker to sell it.
I'm selling you the sun, the moon, a lot of stars, any brigde in the world you fancy and a lot of similar stuff, Grondy. I just wonder if the sucker will be the buyer or the seller???
Jumping Flame Smilie Moderator Smilie Good and Evil Smilie Bad! Smilie Angel Smilie Good and Evil Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie
Quite possibly Rafael, quite possibly. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
I have 934 pieces but i'm such a miser that i'll take it to my tomb and not spend a piece. Very Big Grin Smilie

We're lucky ther's no tax collector in PT.... Very Evil Smilie
1700 people! I mean, 1700 mithril, not people Elf With a Big Grin Smilie . Maybe I chould come up with another poll...
I'm poor compared to some here, but who cares, not much to do with it anyways.
Fionwe! I see you are closing in your post nr 400. Congrats'!!! Pary Smilie Angel Smilie Pary Smilie
Ah, I didn't even notice. Thanks! This is 401, I was hoping to hit 400 before the new year, but things got so busy the few days before, that I got no chance to get on, or only enough time to make one post. I made my very first post on March 15 I think; I've been a member for 9 months and posting for 7 months. Orc Grinning Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Wiggle Smilie
Congrats FinowéSmile Smilie But how mithril do you have ?
I should perhaps cut back on collecting new wives... I've heard from Bluebeard (not related to Treebeard) that every new wife takes away 1 year of your life, which made me realize I won't even reach age 50.

Yikes!
Hah Vir Smile Smilie You may not even last that long in marriage ..what will you offer when your mithril is goneBig Laugh Smilie (no offence ..)
He'll take ours...of course... Dunce Smilie
Quote:
Virumor
I should perhaps cut back on collecting new wives... I've heard from Bluebeard (not related to Treebeard) that every new wife takes away 1 year of your life, which made me realize I won't even reach age 50.

Are you a mormon? Yes a life involving polygamy can be very taxing, no? Wink Smilie
FYI, polygamy is outlawed in every state of the USA, including Utah, the prime dwelling place of the mormons.

I was in fact intent on assembling a harem. That is not outlawed in the USA, just look at Mr Hefner's humble abode, for instance.
I can see your point, Vir, collecting a harem, but someone told me that there may be mother-in-laws even in a harem, what may then happen to your "paradise"?
I also see that Mr Hefner's lifestyle is known to you! I'm told that he has got himself a load of gold and other metals, but no mithrils as far as I know!

Happy new year, though! Angel Smilie
Quote:
Virumor
FYI, polygamy is outlawed in every state of the USA, including Utah, the prime dwelling place of the mormons.

haha I know polygamy is outlawed in the USA but there are still cases of polygamy that exist. I've seen documentaries on TV that show mormon families that involve polygamy to this present day. Obviously the families names have been changed and they blur the face of the man whom has 3 or 4 wives.
Quote:
Obviously the families names have been changed and they blur the face of the man whom has 3 or 4 wives.

I didn't know Mr Hefner was a mormone. Apparently his lifestyle isn't as flashy as I had imagined.
oh haha very funny...
The show i'm talking about was on A&E or some knowledge network channel. NOt that lame show about Hefner and his playmates... Although having playmates like he does can't be all bad.
There is a case going through the courts now about a leader of an off-shoot sect forcing 13-14 year olds to merry old geezers that are his followers. Sounds like he thinks he's the King; I hope they throw the book at him.
Quote:
Grondy
Sounds like he thinks he's the King; I hope they throw the book at him.

Or crown him! just kidding.... or am I? :p
Quote:
1700 people! I mean, 1700 mithril, not people

1720 now.
At last count..2223 pieces of mitheral. Elf Smilie
i have about 20

with 20 quid i could by the lord of the rings "trilogy" or a large bottle of vodka and 10 cigs, or 8 pints

well that aint alot is it!

Big Smile Smilie
depends what you spend it on. Wink Smilie
1070 i'm getting rich!!!!!!
Vir Smile Smilie You can have my 9941 pieces of mithril to your case.... if you can get me a PalantirSmile Smilie
I have 6564, but get your own Vir, it's mine, my only, my pre......... ummmm what's the word??? I forget........ Anyway, that could buy me quite a bit of candy Orc Smiling Smilie
I'm saving most of my mithril until Grep or whoever does this kind of technical stuff for PT, puts in a few more races to choose from.
I've got 1148 and i could take a girl out for a date...if i found one. Very Evil Smilie

(800th post)
Thorin, when did you join PT, cause you're beating me in posts.
Now now, it's not a competition, but if it were, I'd be in first gear and still streaking ahead with you left behind choking on my fumes Elf With a Big Grin Smilie all in jest........

oh yeah, 6724 pieces Orc Smiling Smilie

Quote:
Thorin, when did you join PT, cause you're beating me in posts.

Sometimes in April or May last year but startied posting actively in late november. started from about 10 post to abou 820 now. Angel Smilie
I have 1352 pieces,but I like to spend as much as I feel on messages, it is nice to get to know people.
I could swear though(not that I would actually swear ......you know) that while I have been gone for a few days here and there I STILL continued to receive Mithril. Which means I am sorry to say, I .........am .............a .............fraud. A Mithril stealer. But I don't know what to do about it. Elf Confused Smilie
Oh Vir, you will never be old. You could start a small country with all your mithril or open a centre to help the poor. I would always contribute all my mithril to the cause and everyone that visited the centre would come away rich in Tolkien lore.You are after all a bona fide genius. And if Grondy supported the place I should never want to leave.
I've now got 18,880 units of mithril; any one really need a loan? Elf Winking Smilie
bragger. =p
I'll throw in my 10221 pieces of Mithril and we can build a new Shire Grondy.. with the help of some HobbitsSmile Smilie
I may be more stocky than most people. I am not overweighted but undertall, not a hobbit, though. but I may throw in my 4000 mithril to build a better world!
I am too lazy to check my mithril now. But I think I have quite a lot. Even though I haven't been logging on much for the past month and a half. Do PMs cost anything now? Because I don't think they do...
Quote:
Do PMs cost anything now? Because I don't think they do...

For you, there's a special prize of 10,000 mithril pieces!
Quote:
Quote:
Do PMs cost anything now? Because I don't think they do...

For you, there's a special prize of 10,000 mithril pieces!

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away; that's a price of 10,000 mithril pieces. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Spelling Bee coming through again!! Buzzzzzzzz..... But of course, I don't know if I can afford as great a sum as 10,000 mithril pieces! By Varda, that could make me a mithril shirt!
7264 pieces me, could I get that magic carpet I've always wanted??? Yes, I could get that and some scones.....
I checked and it seems like I actually have 5712! Not bad, really... But the green-eyed monster is starting to haunt me again, and I covet the fortunes of many others who have posted here. Oh green, green, green with envy have I become!

I should never have entered this thread...
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] >>