Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Guess the word!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > Guess the word!   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] >>
I think you are right Laurelindhe ilmarin. Also "shipshape" is acceptable as one word. It is in my dictionary and if you check it in the P-T spellchecker, it is a valid spelling.

Note: At Tommie's request, I'll be taking over facilitating this game, when she leaves for Minsk on Wednesday.
It was indeed "shipshape".

Thanks to Grondy for taking over the game, and big hugs to everyone while I'm away!

Byes!

Tommie
Okay, the next word means:

'To crush into bits or fine particles between two hard surfaces.'
Waving Hello Smilie

Crumble?

And now I'm outta here! Cheers!
Thanks again, Grondy! *hug*
Grind? or Powder?
Arwen evenstar has it with her "grind". Happy Elf Smilie
Okay, the next word means:

'A showy trifle; a pretty thing of little worth; a bauble; a trinket.'
Ornament?
Nope, this is a hard one, it is from Middle English.
It wouldn't be a ring, would it? Animated Wink Smilie
No, I think if you were to look up the definition of "ring", you would get a completly different definition from mine above which I copied out of a dictionary.

I'll give a hint: It starts with g.
The second letter is e.
Third letter w.
Gew-gaw! Nice one Grond! You really had me thinking.

"A slight variation in tone, color, meaning, etc."

_ _ _ _ _ E
Well I'd guess it was "shade", except it looks like your word has six letters, though also ends in E.
Nope, not shade. I'll give you another hint:

_ _ _ N _ E
Well, change fits, but I doubt if that's what you were looking for.
Nope. Not "change" either.
Here's another hint.

_ U _ N _ E
Now THAT'S a hard one. I haven't the foggiest notion.
You're right, it is a pretty tough one!
You guys deserve another hint...

_ U A N _ E

c'mon, you gotta get it now!
I know what it is... Very Big Grin Smilie But I won't say it, because I don't know when I'll be online again. Animated Wink Smilie
How about nuance?
CORRECT!!!!! Nice job Terri
New word: The lowest classification of mental deficiency. Like having the IQ of a two year old.
Although alot of names come to mind (mainly people I've encountered over the years) , I am guessing the word to be idiot?
Retarded?
Idiot it was; and Terrijayne has proved she hasn't been one since she was two. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie Way to go Terrijayne!

New word means: "the greater part or larger number; more than half."
Majority?
Yes it is Rockhat; you as well as the rest of our recent winners get one of Tommies infamous Wooly Gems. (I still think they are a cross-breed between a dust-bunny and a wet lemon drop and that this coupling takes place under her bed, though I may be mis-informed.) Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

So, what word means: "a little piece of stiff wire with a pointed end and a flattened or rounded head, for fastening things together."
Pin?
Yes, a Fuzzy-lemon drop to Peredhil. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie Okay, you may have a Wooly Gem if you'd rather. Happy Elf Smilie

What word means: "to pour off from the edge of a vessle."
Decant!
A Wooly-Gem to Moriannon for decant. (This one has a cinnamon flavored redhot as its base.) Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

What word that means: to prevent or forbid entrance to, or exit from; to close, to bar Question Smilie
Block
stop??????
Simple..Shut!
Shut it is. Moriannon gets another Wooly Gem. (This one started out as a Smith Bros. Cough Drop.) Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

What word means: "the style of dress of a certain country, period, people, etc., often worn at a masquerade or in a play." Question Smilie
how about costume?
That's the word Terrijayne. Happy Elf Smilie Your Wooly Gem is started out life as a grape lifesaver.

What word means: "an antimonial powder for darkening the eyelids; used in certain Eastern countries."
Mascara? Or something like that? Big Laugh Smilie
How about eyeshadow?

By the way Grondy, I love grape lifesavers...so thank you!
Nope, starts with K.
easy kholi
You got it Shipman, and a Wooly Gem too. Happy Elf Smilie (This one started out as a cystal mint before it was attacked by the Phantom Dust Bunny.) Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

What word means: "a space or passage between a bed and the wall" Question Smilie
It starts with R.
Room?
Nope.

I actually heard this word and definition on the radio program Says You! last Sunday, though I did need my dictionary to find its correct spelling.

Second letter U.
Runway?

although that makes me think of airplanes taking off and landing, not small spaces between a bed and a wall
Nope. Third letter: E
Either it was too hard or you've lost interest. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie

The answer was ruelle.

So what word means: "The process or exercise of moving from place to place in an orderly manner, as of soldiers." Question Smilie
maneuvres!!!!! Maneuvres!!!! Or however you spell it. Someone else take my turn, if I have one.
Or is in Marching?
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] >>