Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Guess the word!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > Guess the word!   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] >>
Ooo march/marching sounds right, but I'll take a shot at advancing?
Please be maneuvres!!! Please be maneuvres!!!!
March is what I was after, however, I'll accept 'marching', so Rockhat gets the Wooly Gem, which this time started out life as melon flavored lifesaver before it had its run-in with the dust bunny.

What word means: an infant's bedroom Question Smilie
the cellar!

woohoo what i win?
Not nursery, then, I guess.
Cellar it is. Very Sad Smilie
Hey You!, aka: Laurelindhe ilmarin wins the Wooly Gem (based on a rasberry-drop) for her answer of "nursery".

What word means: false; sham; counterfit Question Smilie
I'll let someone else have this one, Grondy, but I believe it is only Turin that may call me that. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
I Believe the answer is fake

Hey you! I'll take that as a complement Smile Smilie
Well, well, well, a compliment eh? Like a speckle. (Sorry about the speckle, it's just a phase. Everything's like a speckle.) A great big speckle.

Fake.... fake...... FALSE!!!! I shall put in my bid for false. And if I get it, someone take the turn for me. But I haven't got it yet. These Woolygems are harder to get than pseudo-silmarils!!!! I want a woollygem necklace to go with my silmaril one. But I need a woollygem first!!!!!!! PLEASE BE FALSE!!!!
I like the answers given already of fake or false. But in case they are incorrect, how about a guess of bogus?
Terrijayne's bogus is the word. And her award is a bright green Wooly Gem (ex-lime drop).

What word means: an alphabetical list of names, subjects, etc. together with page numbers, usually placed at the end of a book or other publication Question Smilie
bibliography?
Index?
haha gondy i see why the word was bogus, and i respect that 110%

hey loni i didn't quite catch your drift on that last post, silly me :

if it's not index it's gotta be appendix!
OOH, I think you're right, Turin.
we'll see Wink Smilie

Either way it's gotta be either index or appendix.
Laurelindhe ilmarin's index is the word. Happy Elf Smilie Ah, a light blue topaze colored Wooly Gem is the prize. (Twas made from a used crystal mint)

What word means: to bring, carry, put, or send back.
move ?
Nope, try again.
Quote:
hey loni i didn't quite catch your drift on that last post, silly me :

I told you not to ask what 'like a speckle' was. It's what I say when i can't think of anything to say. Or I don't want to answer. Or I can't think of the phrase I want. And on this occasion, it was the former. Like a speckle.
Transport?
To take?
Nope, the key word in the definition is "back", use it with each of the preceding words and see if that makes more sense.
This sure is a tough nut to crack we've got here, Grondy.
Replace?
Laurel has the right prefix for my missing word, but not the basic word.
Return?
Stonehelm has it and a brand new Wooly Gem in the flavor, er, color of his choice. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

What word means: Even; flat; not having one part higher than another; parallel with the free surface of a liquid at rest. Question Smilie
Is it something to do with equilibrium?

(It probably isn't even close, but it's worth a try)
level?
Túrin turambar has the word and a rich amber colored Wooly Gem (a former root beer barrel, before it met the dust bunny) Happy Elf Smilie

What word means: "Interchange and discussion of ideas, especially when open and frank, as in seeking mutual understanding or harmony"
Conversation?

Nope, it starts with D.

Debate?

Discussion?
DISCOURSE
Two good Di words, but not the one I'm looking for. Third letter is a.

Please don't shout Virumor, we can hear you just fine. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Dialogue?
Yup, that's the word. Gildor inglorion gets the tangerine flavored Wooly Gem. Happy Elf Smilie

What word means: "a heap of stones of a rounded or conical form, erected by early inhabitants of the British Isles, apparently as sepulchral monuments" Question Smilie
I know what Stonehenge is, but I don't think that's the word you are looking for. Sorry, I have no idea what the word is. Shaking Head Smilie

First letter is C.
Is it Cairn?(I hope I spelled that right!)
That's it Laurelindhe ilmarin; a Light Emerald (lemon-lime) Wooly Gem for you. Happy Elf Smilie

What word means: "a long, slender piece of wood, usually rounded; a long rod of any material."
Starts with P.
pole?
Waving Hello Smilie

Nice to see things are going well here! Have to go now, stupid internetclub!
Pole it was, Ulmo lord of waters, you get a ruby flavored Wooly Gem (Wild cherry hard candy found under Tommie's bed)

What word means: "any of various long-handled tools with teeth or prongs at one end, used for gathering loose grass, hay, leaves, etc., or for smoothing broken ground." Question Smilie
Rake?

Stonehelm got it. Must have been too easy. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie Give that man a lemon-lime Wooly Gem. Happy Elf Smilie

What word means: "to dip water out" Question Smilie
Come again, Grondy? I didn't understand the clue. Dunce Smilie

Incidentally, I'd like a nice dark emerald gem next time, if I can please!
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] >>