Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Guess the word!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > Guess the word!   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] >>
Okay then, rewritten: What word means: "to dip water out of, like from a boat" Question Smilie
Ah-thank you for the clarification. Elf Winking Smilie

Could it be bale? I have an eerie feeling I am wrong. Sad Smilie

At least I hope so, that way someone else can have a chance...
to bucket? Nah, bale sounds right to me. But it's worth a try!!! (is there even a verb to bucket?)
Yes, bale is the word for which I was hoping someone would answer so they could be awarded a Wooly Gem; however , we spell it bail over here.

So it is with great pleasure that I found a bright green spearmint hard candy under my bed and can award an Emerald Wooly Gem to Laurelindhe ilmarin with much fanfare and aplumeóI think the latter is used to brush the flys away, though they can't get through all the fuzz, so I don't think it is worth the bother. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

What word means: "hard to handle; inconvenient to use; unweildly" Question Smilie
The word was "awkward".

What word means: "one who bites a little at a time" Question Smilie
First letter is N.
Is it a nibbler ?

I only wanted to thank Grondy for his magnificent awarding of the lovely emerald WG/candy, but silly, I am from your side of the pond, so I should not have spelled it incorrectly, and thus, I do not deserve such recognition! Therefore...(Oh shut up, self, take the Gem!). Rolling Eyes Smilie
Nibbler was the word, so Heorogar gets a dark amethyst (grape flavored) Wooly Gem. Happy Elf Smilie

What word means: " a fastening for a door or a gate, especially one capable from being worked from either side by means of a lever and consisting of a bar that falls into a knotch in a piece attached to the door jamb or gatepost." Question Smilie
Yesyesyesyesyes!

Slurp, jewelssssssss ... I will curl around my gem like a dragon on his treasure. Beware you all! Don't come any closer or you'll go Jumping Flame Smilie Exploding Head Smilie or Super Scared Smilie

Is the word Latch? O Master of the Grond?

You got it Stonehelm, and a citrine (lemon flavored) Wooly Gem. Happy Elf Smilie

What word means "to see distinctly; to separate from surrounding objects; to perceive by the eye" Question Smilie
Discernment

btw i like pie
I do believe Jeff got it.
And I like pies too! Big Smile Smilie
Yes, Jeffrey2376 got the word and for him, I just happened to find a cinnamon-apple pie flavored Wooly Gem hiding under my bed. Happy Elf Smilie

What word means: "to bend the body donward and forward; to bend or lean forward or in a crouch" Question Smilie
To stoop?
To lean down?

The word was stoop, so Andrea has a Jade Wooly Gem. (Smells a lot like a lump of spinach, but how it ever got under my bed I doubt if we'll ever know.) Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

What word means: "to rove or wander over in a stealthy manner in search of prey" Question Smilie
Is it stalk?

Or stalk's brother, Hunt?
Hint: First letter is P.
prowl?
Adreia as it and an onyx Wooly Gem (licorice flavored) Happy Elf Smilie

What word means: " a ditch or deep trench round the rampart of a fortified place, sometimes filled with water."
A moat?

woo-hoo! thanks! hm...i think he got it! moat's as good a guess i can think of
Moat it was, Heorogar has a red and white striped Wooly Gem.

What word means, "any of the series of rings or loops making up a chain or chain armor" Question Smilie
Link?
Bonds?
I don't know how I skipped this thread, but Link was the word; so Vee gets a red and white striped Wooly Gem. Happy Elf Smilie

What word means: "to find fault with constantly; to scold continuously; to be continually pestering with complaints or faultfinding?"
Perturbed?
Ooh, I should know this one...or at least my hubby should...could it be nag?
Yep, nag was the word so, Laurelindhe ilmarin gets a green and white swirled Wooly Gem. (I dumped a whole bag of hard Christmas candies under the bed yesterday morning as I was emptying my Christmas stocking in order to wear it again.)

What word means: "to journey from one place to another" Question Smilie
Is it travel, my dear Grondy?
Move?
Or perhaps it is to venture?
Could it be the art of wandering?
a trip?
how about sojourn?
Meander?
It was travel, though your other guesses were good. Lord_aragorn86 gets the Wooly Gem (another red and white pinstriped one with the proverbial Dust Bunny fuzz)

What word means: "an interruption of continuity; blank space; hiatus; lacuna" Question Smilie
Could lapse be the word that you are looking for Grondy?
Perhaps a chasm?
Or perhaps void?
it's gotta be a cat... which is uhh, black, and likes to fly around in hiatus. If it's not cat then my next guess is dog!
Well no, none of the above, though Tķrin turambar's "cat" contains the correct number of letters. Cat Smiling Smilie
How about gap?
Princess_Lýthien has the word and a strawberry flavored Wooly Gem. Happy Elf Smilie

What word means: "to mend (cloth, etc.) or repair (a hole or tear in cloth) by sewing a network of stitches across the gap" Question Smilie
is it to darn?
Yup, that it is Eowiodith unadrieniel; you get a pale blue (crystal mint) Wooly Gem. Happy Elf Smilie

What word means: "to leaf rapidly through (a book , etc.), as by letting the edges or corners of the pages slip lightly across the thumb." also " to shuffle (playing cards) by holding part of the deck in each hand, raising the corners or edges slightly, and letting the cards fall alternately together." Question Smilie
Hmm.... might that be to rifle?
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] >>