Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Guess the word!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > Guess the word!   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] >>
How about shuffle?
No, rifle is a long range firearm. But I'll add the missing "f" for Eowiodith unadrieniel, to make it riffle, so she(?) gets the Emerald (lime) Wooly Gem. Happy Elf Smilie
opps, i knew it looked wrong. thx grondmaster!
I thought I posted a new word to guess yesterday, but it wasn't there today, so here it is:

What word means "a structure erected around or by the side of any open space to prevent passage in or out" Question Smilie
Could it perhaps be an arc?
Ummm...Barrier?
How about door?
Is it obstruction?
Gate?
How about a fence Grondy?
Terrijayne's got it with fence and she also now has a orange Wooly Gem. Happy Elf Smilie

What word means: "to speak in a low indistinct voice" Question Smilie
Might that be to murmur?
Close, right first letter, but not the word I've got in mind. Happy Elf Smilie
Could it be to mumble?
No, but that is also a good M word and it also is the correct length as is Murmur, which also had the right ending letter. Dog Smilie Puppy Smilie Dog Smilie
Is it to mutter?
You got it Rue auburn and a frosty blue Wooly Gem. Happy Elf Smilie

What word means: "a harbor; a port; a bay, recess, or inlet of the sea, or the mouth of a river which affords good anchorage and a safe station for ships Question Smilie
Is it cove?
Or is it a haven?
how about fjord?
Haven was the word and Adreia gets a huckleberry flavored Wooly Gem.

What word means: "a person who pays rent to occupy or use land, a building, etc.: distinguished from landlord" Question Smilie
tenant! I'm a house tenant so i hope i'm correct...
Yes Tķrin turambar, so you get a grape flavored Wooly Gem.

What word means: "figuratively, dismal, gloomy, sullen, forbidding, or the like; destitute of moral goodness; mournful; calamitous; evil; wicked; atrocious" Question Smilie
Could it be corrupt?
would that be nefarious?
Umm...Dire?
All good guesses but not the one I'm looking for. Starts with B.
How about bleak?
Base?

Actually, I think Luthien's right...
how about "black"?
Black it was Oloriniwasinmyyouth. My above, was definition #5 in my dictionary. Olorin this time gets a Wooly Gem, which in honor of the occasion was licorice flavored.

What word means: "an open shed for sheltering cattle or protecting produce, etc, from the weather. Also a poor cottage; a small mean house." Question Smilie
A shack?
Any chance it might be a stall?
is it a lean-to?
How about a shed?
Hovel?
Fingolfin has it with hovel. He gets a Deep Red Wooly Gem (black cherry).

What word means: "to give confidence to; to inspire with spirit or strength of mind; to embolden, to incite." Question Smilie
Is it to encourage?
or how about motivate?
how about cheer?
It was encourage, so Adreia gets a lilac colored Wooly Gem. Happy Elf Smilie (lavender flavored)

What word means "a fine crust or film on bronze or copper: it is usually green or greenish-blue and is formed by natural oxidation: it is both preservative and ornamental. Also any thin film, coloring, or mellowed appearance on the surface of an object as a result of age or use, as on the surface of old woodwork." Question Smilie
How about tarnish?
Or perhaps "varnish"?
kind of out there, but is it patina?
Exactly Eowiodith unadrieniel. You get a crystal clear Wooly Gem (if you discount the patina from the dust bunny fuzz) Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

What word means: "to move with a long swinging stride" Question Smilie
Is it to saunter?
or stroll?
it's gotta be good <--- first word to pop into my head before i clicked the link Wink Smilie and i'm sticking to it... no matter how wrong it is!
None of those; it starts with L.
How about lunge?
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] >>