Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Guess the word!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > Guess the word!   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] >>
Fingolfin, you have it again. You get a licorice flavored wooly gem.

Next...

wealthy, luxurious, ample, gradoise
Moderator Smilie Wait a minute! Time out! Moderator Smilie

Only one word guess per turn.
Fingolfin guessed three words and Princess Luthien awarded the Wooly Gem without telling us which of the three was the correct one. Let's try to do better at this folks. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

I'll guess rich.
sumptuous?
Loaded?
Affluent?
opulent?
You tell 'em Grondy! You tell the world!
Sorry about that Grondy...I'll try not to mess up again...
Well Fingolfin has it again with opulent, and receives a lemon wooly gem. If I can improve in any way, just let me know, but remember, this is a first for me...

Next...
having a deep-seated distaste, opposed, unwilling
WHaaa?! He got it again! I smell something fishy going on here... oh wait that's just me, but still...

as for my next guess i'll try against
i'll try unwanted?
i dunno...
contrary
Reluctant? I don't think it's strong enough for the definition, but I'll try it anyway.
Stubborn?
Ornery? Though that may be a bit strong
i do believe i know this one too, but i have somewhat of an advantage because my dear mother used to play a game almost exactly like this one when i was younger to improve my vocabulary, so ill leave it for now.
Well, seeing that no one has got it yet, I think I'll give you a hint...it starts with an a... Elf Winking Smilie
averse??
Yes...Aragorn_jr, you've got it!! Averse was the word that I was looking for. You get the coveted golden wooly gem.

Next...
extremely careful, particular about details
choosy?
persnickety?
Picky?
Fastidious?
Nope...none of you have hit the nail on the head yet...it starts with an m...
meticulous?
I'm sure AJ has it...Way to go, AJ!
Thanks, Laurelindhe ilmarin, I find that once I get the first letter it's not so hard.
PS. I am currently writing a book (and only 14!) and so I am picking up a lot of useful words.
Yes, Aragorn_jr, you have it with meticulous. You have earned a banana wooly gem...

Next:
lukewarm, unenthusiatic, marked by an absence of intrest
indifferent?
Lackluster?
Apathetic?
Oblivious?
Nope...but I'm not going to give you a hint yet... Tongue Smilie
Tepid?
Imperturbable? Wow, that's quite a mouthful
It might be nonchalant.
Phlegmatic?
Yes, Eruwen, you have it with tepid. You win a grape wooly gem, sorry if it's a little fuzzy...It has been under my bed for a while...

Next on the list:
stormy, harsh, severe in attitude or action
astringent
stern?
stupid?
Big Smile Smilie
Nope, keep guessing...
Frigid?
Crude?
chaotic?
Strict?
Angry?
Nope, but I think I'll give you a hint...it starts with an i...
Ignorant?
incompatible? but I think i was justa bit slow on that one...
and i dont think this one is right
Inclemant
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] >>