Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Twist my words...

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > Twist my words...   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] >>
With our own hands we have wrought our destiny.

In keeping with Lord_Aragorn86's theme:

In the master's chamber, they gathered for the feast.
They had supper in the captain's cabin.

Stabbin' with their steely knives, but they just can't slay the beast.
there little metal daggers cant pierce the beasts thick hide.

all along this forest we have been steadily crreping while looking for food that we can bring home to our table so we shall not starve and will live another day.
We've been out this day in the woods gathering our daily bread, that our family might last unto the marrow, when we'll have to do it once again.

'He felt the cool mud about his toes as he paddled in the Pool at Bywater with Jolly Cotton and Tom and Nibs, and their sister Rosie.' Chapter 3, Book VI, LotR.
He went swimming in the Pool of Bywater in the companionship of Jolly Cotton, Tom, Nibs and their sister Rosie.

There were only a few left guarding the city now. The arrows were still whistling through the air. The swords still clashed. The battle still raged on.
The war hasn't finished yet!

Thursday child has far to go
Those born on the fifth day have just started their journey.

One document must have name and date of birth from the Name and Date of Birth List below:
You must have your identification with you, no excuses!!!!!!

all along the way we watched many winged creatures flit and flutter everywhere while serenading us with such glorious and heavenly music, that it was like we had become nobility and were recieving the best welcome any place could give one of such high status.
We were being welcomed by singing and dancing fairies.

If you please sign here, here and here, you'll be granted access to our forging room.
To get in you have to use your signature

Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away
At an unknown place at an unknown time in history.

I drove my chevy to the levy but the levy was dry.
I rode my Ford through the ford, Oh my! It t'were a fjord.

Be it so humble, there's no place like home.
Home Sweet Home.

I know that you're in love with him, for I saw you dancing in the gym.
You won't find another fool like me.

Wise men say: only fools rush in.
Only stupid people take the initiative; The wise men dictate.

He never ever learned to read or write so well, but he could play the guitar just like ringin' a bell.
For an illiterate he could play like hell.

Those who can win a war well can rarely make a good peace and those who could make a good peace would never have won the war. - Winston Churchill
Make love and make war; That is the key.

There have been times I've sat in a corner with my head in my hands brooding over the purpose of my existence.
I often imitate Rodin's The Thinker.

SHE walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that 's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
-- Lord Byron
The lady strolls in lovliness, as in darkness
of mountainous places with stellar twinkles
Showing everything good of black and lightness
There is glory in her face amongst the wrinkles.

Now that's what I'd call doggerel. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
My verse is a bit crude, yet freakin' hilarious! Smile Smilie (That was great, Grondy!)

Eternity is in love with the productions of Time. -- William Blake
All the tape measures in the Universe have the amorous attention of the Infinity. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

'The modesty that shrinks from praise is really only desire to have it more delicately expressed.' Duc de La Rochefoucauld
people like fishing for coplimants

All that is gold does not glitter
Not all diamonds shine everytime.

Immortality, take it, its yours!
"What, you want to live forever, okay then: Just do it!"

Does anyone know why I shouldn't push this button?
does anyone know if everything will blow up i this button is acctivated

ive come to iquire about your rusty spoons
the FDA has stopped by to check on the cleaness of youre old, neglected wierd forks

one ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
all right there is this one ring that is king of all rings and will corrupt them all under his rule got it.

i am stuck 20 feet down hanging on to a tree limb that will soon come out of the cliff face 100 feet above jagged rocks and your just standing up there watching me. i think you could do something better that that.
Stop standing there picking your nose and throw me that damned rope! Please, with cream and sugar on it. And before you do, might I suggest you make one end of the rope fast to that old oak tree, whose shade you are currently enjoying, all the while I'm just hanging out here in the hot sunlight below that flock of circling vultures who have spied a possible new source of roadkill.

Once upon a time, there was a great green wood, and standing in a little clearing in this great green wood was a little house, and living in this little house was a woodchopper with his wife and his two children from a former marriage.
in a large forest a guy who chopped trees lived in a glade in the middle in a small hut

i am the Lord of All. rebell and die.
Me da Big Boss see. Youse do wat I say or I's gunna pound ya into a pulp!

There comes a time in the course of human events, when we should close the book, turn out the light, pull up the covers, and say, 'nighty-night'.
Perhaps the human race should quit while it's ahead.

Quote:
She wears her clothes as if they were thrown on with a pitch fork.
-- Jonathan Swift
Picture a woman garbed in a haystack, that is how her apparel appears to have been donned.

Quote:
The Silmarillion is Tolkien's first book and his last.
- written on the back cover of my Del Rey paperback edition, the one with Feanor and the three Silmarils on the front cover.
alpha sil omega Very Big Grin Smilie

Quote:
life is fleeting; everything passes away, light and life together

of tolkien from widsith to beowulf
the process of orginisms having conscince thought does not last for a long period of time; nothing will stay, not the process of orginisms having conscince thought or the word to describe what we see (kindove)

I had a better response that took me a long time ot type but it disaperred and was not posted
That darn dog ate my post!!!

Paying a tree reverence can go to a tree's heart and make it swell much more so than does that of its siblings, especially if you have cut down its competition.
- Posted at the tongue-in-cheek request of a fellow member. Elk Grinning Smilie
I
if you are the tree whisperer, cut down surrounding trees and whisper away to make the tree like you and grow big.
Wiggle Smilie
his bark is worse than his bite
Don't chew into his cambium layer, for it is poisonous; and if he reciprocates, it will be quite difficult for him to gum you to death, his being toothless.

Do you know the way to Santa Fe?
How do I reach Santa Fe?

And how exactly would you like your sandwich?
yo dude wat do u want on your sandwich?

If A is a success in life then A equals x plus y plus z. x is work. y is play. and z is keeping your mouth shut.
to have a succesful life, ballansce keweping your mouth shut, working and playing.

how much ground could a groundhog grind if a gorund hog could grind ground?
Were a marmota monax able to roto-till his garden, what would be the acreage he could till, were he to put his mind to it Question Smilie

"Any surviving creatures on the level will come to Yxunomei's aid if she's attacked, so watch your back." - Icewind Dale Official Guide
dont attack Yxunomei unless you want to die!!!!!!

"Eighty percent of success is showing up"
If you expect someone else to do it for you, they probably will.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Treat people as you would yourself like to be treated.

Do you smell like a girl when you smile?
This thread demands trouble from me, reprieved only by my inability to remember old saws:

"On indicating pleasure labiallly, is your aroma identical to those of the femine persuasion?"

Money doesn't grow on trees.
currency does not take life and enlarge on plants that grow upright and have woody bark

i bought a book by Tolkien. it was bought online.
Via the internet, a tome was purchased by me.

Hickory dickery dock!
The mouse ran up the clock.
The clock ran down.
Big frustrating deal!!!
wierd noise, wierd noise, wierd noise,
the small, furry rodent traveled quickly up a device for telling time by use of its legs,
the same small and furry rodent did the same thing on the way down the same device,
grondy thinks its not a large thing yet it is frustrating

on my way to St. Ives I met three mice. they were all blind and sang "three blind mice..." quite lowdly
While I was going to St. Ives, I noticed three furry rodents who were unable to see due to the loss of their eyes' vision and they were reciting "Three Blind Mice" with a rythmic quality in it but were doing this with an upraised voice.

Please leave this window open while the upload process completes.
dont you dare touch the mouse or any keys while this uploads!

Keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times, thank you and enjoy the ride.
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] >>