Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Twist my words...

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > Twist my words...   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] >>
Unless you want to look like an idiot...double-check everything around the computer before hollering for help.

Comparing boys and girls is like comparing apples and oranges.
Girl's think they are different from boys but...

Do i have to say the word
Brian Adams
Shall I speak?

You are always welcome in any gathering.

you don't need tickets to enter.

Pretty woman is walking down the street
A very gorgeous female form is sauntering down the paved path that is intended for driving automobiles on.

Said I loved you, but I lied.
Michael Bolton
Gosh, I think you're swell. Just kidding, I can't stand ya!

Love many, trust few, do wrong to none.
Be good.

Simplicity and clarity should be your theme in dress.
Don't put on too much cloth at once. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Keep out of the reach and sight of childrn.
If you don't want to be Super Scared Smilie fondled to death, drooled on, have your ears pulled, and your paws bitten by those young ones, then you better hide out when they are around. Cat Smilie Puppy Smilie Tigger Smilie Wolf Smilie Oink Smilie Dog Smilie Duck Smilie Cat Smiling Smilie Chicken Smilie Cow Sleeping Smilie

Before you can access the rest of the Host Tower you will have to unlock this door.
We have to get through here to get up there.

Saving up for a rainy day.
I'm pessimistic about the future.

The clash of the gladiators kicked off
The battling behemoths began butting boneheads.

Menu items and prices subject to change.
Fluctuations can occur.

We've worked our magic. Now you can work yours.
Our best effort failed; now let's see what your team can do.

'If you knew Susie, like I know Susie, Oh, Oh, Oh what a girl.' (a line from an ancient song)

It would be better if you didn't know susie at all because of the things i know...

Help keep your inbox free from contamination. With powerful spam filters and enhanced virus scanning & cleaning
Too much dubious email? Then you need our miraculous mail scrubber to maintain the maximum of internet security and your privacy.

Note: The W.A.M. numbers that appear at the foot of the pages of music are the same as the Köchel numbers for the respective compositions. (A note appearing in a volume of Mozart's String Quintet scores.)
For those who know something about music.

Pour one sachet of powder into a mug and fill with hot, but not boiling water.
Be careful not to burn the dickens out of your tongue when making a hot beverage for yourself by pouring warm, not scalding, water on top of your flavoring packet!

Patience is the companion of wisdom.
Wisdom and patience are like brothers but not like sisters.

we'll be having a party soon at the khazad dummish inn
Ohhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pary Smilie Come one, come all, it's time to boogie down at the old inn of non-ill repute, ye olde Khazad-Dumish Inn!

I know a chicken and she laid an egg. Yes, I know a chicken and she laid an egg. Oh my goodness, it's a shaky egg!
But I don't know why she swallowed that fly. Perhaps she'll die.
I know an old lady who swallowed a horse. She's alive and well of course!

Quote:
'.....war, death, or sickness did lay siege to it, making it momentany as any sound, swift as a shadow, short as any dream, brief as the lightning in the collied night.....' - a portion of Auberon's speech as played by Will Shekespear in Neil Gaiman's version of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' found in Dream Country, the third volume of 'The Sandman Library'.
The bold times result from war and diseases.

We are the champions, we are the champions and that's because you are the loosers
Haha, we win; you lose!

This cave entrance under the waterfall will take you inside the cave of Akulatraxas the Green Dragon.
If you wish to see a dragon go behind that waterfall.

Someone just sent you a nudge
Who threw that elbow?

How much is that dogie in the window?
Are you selling that dog from a shelf, you must be mad!

Show them no pity for you shall be shown none.
No mercy for the merciless.

Please open other flap.
Open the other part if you want to use that.

Yankee Doodle came to town upon a kentish pony
He stuck a feather on his cap and called it macaroni
Local Yokel entered our village astride an Anglo-naggy
He poked a plume into his hat and named it rice-a-roni.

'Nothing further then he uttered - not a feather then he fluttered' a line from Edgar Allan Poe's poem, The Raven.
Don't know what to say. Don't know where to go.

Stupid is as stupid does - Forrest Gump
Listen to him; he's our great leader.

'I am afraid this is a preposterously long letter; and perhaps presumptuous in its length, though your kindness and interest offer some excuse.' - from Tolkien's Letter #154, which was to Naomi Mitchison and is available in The Letters of JRR Tolkien edited by Humphrey Carpenter.
To make a long story short, I know that you probably don't care about any of this, but your attentiveness does inspire me.

The force will be with you. - Star Wars
Those mysterious creatures known as metachlorians surround us, they are everywhere, even in us.

A day may come, when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day! An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day, we fight! By all that you hold dear, on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!
Quote:
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
- from Henry V (1599) by William Shakespeare

I couldn't say it any better than did old Will.

Where did you get those shoes; are they gunboats or battleships?
Wow! Your feet are huge!!! ?

What about second breakfast? - Lord of the Rings
I'm hungry and its been two hours since breakfast and I'm ready for another one: bacon and hot cakes with maple syrup this time through.

Do not fold, spindle, or mutilate.
Don't mess it up!!!

Carpe Diem
Please, for your own sake, do not squander the day at hand, for it will soon pass and not return ever again and rather than regret the passing of such an opportunity, grab it by the reigns and hold on for dear life, because it could lead you to your greatest adventure! To quote my favorite, Yoda, "Do, or do not. There is no try." (How inspiring!) Happy Elf SmilieSo get moving!!!!!

All of life is a fresh start, each day, each second. Truly, if we only live once, why are you just sitting there?
Today is the first day of the rest of your life: so don't just stand there, do something!

Who wants ice cream?
Who wants to eat a cold sweet treat anytime they can get away with it?

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. - Aldous Huxley
Following the lack of sound, for being almost as close to expounding the unexpoundable, is melodic sound.

Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone esle but me, until I come marching home.
Don't spread your love around while I'm gone, because I am out there in the world, doing my duty and missing you all the time and I would hate to find out that all that time, you had been like peanut butter on so many slices of bread.

Tangerine, tangerine. Living reflection of a dream. She was my love, she was my queen. And now a thousand years between...
Twice times you red-orange citrus: Mirror image of the Sandman's theme. I was enamoured with her, her monarchy was supreme, through the last millennium she's been on the scene.

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
The sly, red, brush-tailed canine levitates above the shiftless canine thereby using all the letters of the alphabet.

You can do miracles, if you believe..
The undo-able can be accomplished if one has enough confidence.

Give me a big enough lever and I can move the world.
Release to my person a large enough handle, and I can force the earth into locomotion.

If I'm not back in five minutes...wait longer..
Just wait an unspecified time for my impending return, but try not to lose patience and walk away fuming at my slowness!

Come on down! You are the next contestant on The Price Is Right!!! (We'll miss ya, Bob Barker!)
Step right up folks! Have I got a such a deal for you. Deal Smilie All you have to do is guess the closest to how much this item sells for without exceeding the actual amount, and its yours.

A caravan of halfling merchants sits outside the city gate waiting to take your ill gotten gains.

A group of half-sized venders await outside the city to commandere your stolen goods.

How many times have I told you?! You do NOT nibble on your sister!

Of course you have a stomach-ache! Why weren't you listening all those umpteen times when I warned you that female siblings are hazardous to the digestive tract unless stewed with potaotes, onions, and carrots and garnished with endive. They are never, I say never, to be eaten raw!

Adventuring through the Tomb of Kel-Garas is pretty straight forward unless you are a paladin. in which case you might end up encountering a few undead monks who can be quite a challenge unless you also find the enchanted longsword Holy Avenger.
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] >>