Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Twist my words...

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > Twist my words...   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] >>
The weather of York is the best. (Incidentally that makes me think of The Secret Garden which takes place in Yorkshire with its moors, sun, rain and wuthering. Have you been to york Grondy?)
No, my England travels have only taken me through Heathrow twice to and from Scotland. I have read The Secret Garden, long ago, but don't remember much about it; though there is a copy of my daughters in my bookshelf.

The Shakespeare's 'sun of York' was a play on words and referred to Richard III, in case you didn't need to know that bit of trivia.
Orc Grinning Smilie

We have left each other twisting in the wind.
Nah, I didn't know the pun Grondy!Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

We have confused each other.

Weather forecasting is better left to meteorologists
Everyone talks about the weather, but only the pro's can get it right.

Too many cooks spoil the broth.
If all of you try to do the same thing the result will not be as good as you think.

I'm here without baby, but you're still on my lonely mind
A line from a song's lyric
Absinthe makes the heart grow stronger! Alcoholic Smilie

A play on the old proverb. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Wine (?) is good for your heart.

Do not unplug the cable. It could damage files and memory card.
Go ahead, make my day! You know you want to buy new hard and soft ware; so pull the plug and take the chance.

Hey Kids! What time is it? Buffalo Bob's intro to the Howdy Doody Show.
This is a test to know whether you kids can tell the time.

Bonds metal, glass, china, rubber, leather, wood and felt
This adhesive sticks everything, and I mean everything to human skin.

'You must accept the enclosed Licence Agreement before you can use this product.' - Legal warning in the outside of a Microsoft game package.
We are Microsoft, and whether or not you breach our license agreement, we will sue you if the opportunity arises.

Have a fast connection and want more features? Try the full version to see message previews in your inbox
If your internet hook-up isn't already too slow, we can sure as heck slow it down for you.

"Instructions for making 'Instant Water': Empty packet into a six once glass; add water; and stir."
If you want water put these cubes of ice into glasses and wait for them to melt.

You can now select from any of our fun games and start competing with other players just like you
Grab one of these and see if you can beat the others who have tried it.

I hate going to the dentist when they numb my gums; my lower lip is still painless and I keep chewing on it.
If you want to feel pain in your mouth go to the dentist.

Quickly alert SpamGuard of unwanted email by clicking the Spam button in your Inbox.
When you find unwanted email in your inbox, highlight it and select the SPAM button and maybe next time it will be filtered for you.

Be imperfect. Be liberated and free. Be what you are. Be human. Blow it loud and blow it proud. Exploding Head Smilie - Blurb on underside of a box of Kleenex®.
Be yourself. Oh, and don't forget to buy Kleenex.

Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary outage? Try again later.
Forget it! You can't get there from here.

"If you don't close the openend tags all the text beneath them tuns bold or italic or both!" - text from above the P-T Forum input box; spelling errors included at no additional cost.
Be careful with what you do man or you'll gonna annoy everyone who posts after you.

We don't pretend or assume that we have anything to do with any professional, semi-professional, or entertainment sports or publishing organizations
That ain't us, whatever you think; so just don't believe it.

Hang on tight for the ride of your life!
You haven't experienced that yet have you? No? So get in!

To make the products easier to understand, we have simplified the language and left out some of the details.
After reading the owner's manual, we dare you to figure out how to make the appliance work.

So you want to be a millionaire?
Making a lot of money is what you want?

Please do not expose the mp3 player to any form of liquid. Please also ensure that the unit is not placed near any objects that may spill or drip liquid onto the unit.
Keep your MP# player dry; if you desire it to work past the warranty date.

If you want further information about your prescription, you may telephone the toll-free number above.
If you wan to know how to use this call us.

If the available socket is not suitable for the plug supplied with this equipment, it should be cut off and an appropriate three pin plug fitted.
If the included fitting doesn't fit, modify the cord with an appropriate fitting that will.

If the shoe fits, wear it.
If any of the parameters of my aforesaid insult can in anyway be applied to you, then consider it was meant for you.

Now where did I put my car keys, I just had them last night?
I lost my keys, help me find them.

What's on your mind?
I'm not very kind.

I Gave her one of your cups. (If you get it rite, I'll give you a tenner)
The fair maiden insisted she was thirsty so I gave her one of your steins

The earlier you go to the farmers market the better the selection of produce
If ye git up earlee, ye might jus' get some grub from the trader's stalls!

The trees swayed in the wind.
My Knees made like the wind.

I'm not sure you understand the game, Eruheran. You're not supposed to rhyme, you're supposed to say the same thing in a different way. For example, using my last one:
The deciduous growths creaked from side to side as a result of the common meterological phenomenon.

I'll make a new one:
Bob jumped out of the car just in time, before it swerved into a post and exploded.
Prior to the vehicle's departure from the straight and narrow and subsequent explosion, Bob beat a hasty retreat.

The hobbit inhaled his peanut butter sandwich.
The Hobbit's hunger knew no bounds, so with one mighty gulp the huge peanutbutter flavored subway vanished, leaving him licking his fingers contentedly.

I wanna put on, my my my my my boogie shoes, and boogie with you
I want to dance dance dance dance with you

Open and serve hot with mutton in the centre and the potatoes and gravy around it

Cheesy, Planet-Tolkien is a family friendly website. As such it is expected to remain free of vulgar and offending words. I will ask you to edit your posts where you have used some not very nice words because I will not reply to any such posts.

Bear in mind that there are people of all age groups visiting PT so choose carefully the words you use as well.
In a sea of smashed taters and gravy floated a warm slice of roast sheep.

"Olly olly oxen free!"
"Anyone who's out can come in free!"

Into the valley of Death rode the six hundred.
The Valley of Death opened its jaws to welcome the new additions to its accomodations.

The Last Song
The final psalm.

Every good boy deserves favor.
The guys in the white hats should have their desires fulfilled.

Time wounds all heels.
After a while your feet will really start to hurt

In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit.
Inside a subterranean hollow there resided a short, hairy creature similar to a human.

Keep it secret, keep it safe!
Stake your life on it: never use it; never show it; never speak of it!

Cheer up, things could be worse.
don't worry be happy

But wait!!, theres more!!
Tarry awhile; additional information forth-coming!!!

Home, home on the range, where the deer and the antelope play.
Let's go hunt some venison.

And once in a while, we offer you some great discounts on our books. Together we will put this territory on the technical world map!
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal. It has sold more copies than the Encyclopedia Galactica: for it is slightly cheaper; and has inscribed on its cover, in large friendly letters, the words 'DON'T PANIC'.

"Appearances can be deceiving, though; the Serape are dangerous opponents, skilled in the use of weapons, as well as in that of technology and magic." from Sacred 2: Fallen Angel instruction manual.

Do not mess with the Serape. You stand no chance!

"Believing their ships were unbeatable, they sent them deeper and deeper into Wraith-controlled territory, trying to weed us out."
Stargate Atlantis

As they knew their vessels were ubstopable, they entered the alien's areas towards digging us out by the roots and our final destruction.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Lewis Carroll, from the Jabber Wocky

<< [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] >>