Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: THE RANTING THREAD

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > THE RANTING THREAD   
I WANT EVERYONE TO RANT ABOUT THINGS THAT ANNOY YOU . WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE IT, ILL PICK A WINNER.(REMEMBER THE RULES OF THE SITE APPLY TO THIS THREAD(BUT HONESTLY, THE ONLY REASON IM ASKING YOU TO CENSOR YOURSELVES IS THAT I DONT WANT THE COUNCIL MEMBERS TO PITCH A HISSY-FIT AND LOCK OR DELETE THIS THREAD LIKE THEY DID WITH ELVES AND GASTRIC ERUPTIONS, I WISH DAROUS WAS BACK)

(EDITED IN ALL CAPITALS TO KEEP THE FEEL OF THE POST, SORRY- AR-EDAIN37)
DONT WORRY, I HAVEN'T GONE BACK TO ALL CAPS. AND DONT INTEND TO.
Umm. You may well be mad at something or someone, but what are you shouting at us for?? Wink Smilie Well, the caps don't make a pleasant read that's all.
I think that maybe more people would like to see Darous back. But hey look on the bright side: Asteroth is back. o/ I am quite pleased by that. Big Smile Smilie Maybe one day Darous will be as well. Just order that pint of ale and relax.
Wow! I'm deaf again! Exploding Head Smilie
I'll have a rant shall I?

Ar-edain37, you have been asked a number of times both by me and Amrie not to type your posts in capital letters. It is rude and annoying. Not only are all your forum posts in capital letters, including the title of this new thread, but all your journal entries are in capitals.

You can scream unfair all you like, you can accuse us of censoring or whatever, but your posts will be deleted soon if you don't stop posting in capitals. You have been asked politely and repeatedly. Either respect that or risk having your posts deleted and sent to the Kiddies Corner.

Rant over. Move along now.......
Agreed. Get the hint Ar-edain37 please.
Meh... Most of my "rants" are about politics. Oh well. Sad Smilie
It's funny about capitals. I am a graphic designer and so many clients (especially military ones) insist that they are easier to read when the opposite is true. (The alphabet is one of the chief glories of western civilization and the developement of lower case letters with its rapid readability an innovation of genius.) All caps is really like shouting: it inhibits sense and meaning.

I'm in the USA and in the midst of election day, so what I would rant about is obvious. I gather, however, that that, like religion, is inappropriate to this venue. It's a pity, because politics and religion are the most interesting things.

Within those limits, about the election: I really want it to be over. I don't know that that's a rant.
Quote:
I DONT WANT THE COUNCIL MEMBERS TO PITCH A HISSY-FIT AND LOCK OR DELETE THIS THREAD LIKE THEY DID WITH ELVES AND GASTRIC ERUPTIONS,
The thread Elves and gastric eruptions has been unlocked since 24 August 2004, so I don't know what you people keep shouting about.

That said Ar-edain37 with all his shouting after being warned is very close to having his account temporarily frozen. Moderator Smilie
I'm afraid he stepped over the line Grondy. He was warned, he ignored it - he takes the consequences.
Quote:
I'm afraid he stepped over the line Grondy. He was warned, he ignored it - he takes the consequences.
Sad but true.

People who wish to rant on and on and on without censorship and get a similar backlash can go somewhere else and do it (I know that place, and you can find Ross and Darous there sometimes as well). PT has always been a nice place, and I like it this way, if you want to shout at someone, come to Squirrelworld and shout at me, but I will bite back, you've been warned. This is not an advert, merely a public service announcement for those who don't want to get banned by PT.
See why we like and love and miss the Squirrel so much? He gets the point!! Big Smile Smilie
He took some kicking into shape, though Very Big Grin Smilie

Good to see you around, Plastic. All over the site too.... Has she kicked you out?
Quote:
come to Squirrelworld and shout at me

That would be squirrelworld (click here), right? It looks a bit different from what I remember, but it really is you in a nut shell (to use a bad pun). Wink Smilie
If you look really hard, you can find his url in the advertisements section, but I don't think the link is there due to problems with his language.
Here is the link
what ****ing language?
Not been kicked out, just found a little time on my hands when i should be doing something more worthwhile. Life still peachy, procrastination is the key to my sudden re-apearance....
During my abundant pt banned free-time i tried to sign plastic's guestbook, halfway through it my computer got a virus.That was my rant. I lose.Why.........wont..............my............caps-lock........work!?
Quote:
Why.........wont..............my............caps-lock........work!?

Ahhhhh music to our ears!

Welcome back Ar-edain37.

Quote:
procrastination is the key to my sudden re-apearance....

Three cheers for procrastination!! Jumping Flame Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie
So good to see you, Plastic. You always bring a Big Smile Smilie to my face and I have missed that.
Take care.
Quote:
Why.........wont..............my............caps-lock........work!?
Must be that virus. Wink Smilie
Welcome back, Ar-edian37. Now get over to the treasures thread. They are waiting for you. Smile Smilie

Quote:
procrastination is the key to my sudden re-apearance....

Procrastination is why I am here now. Wink Smilie Three cheers indeed! Wohoo!! Procrastination RULES (my life)!!
But I'll never catch up to the story!

Don't yall think you overreacted about the caps-lock?I could have done all caps lock with all bold, italics,underlined, and in quote text!
Good to see you guys both back! Big Smile Smilie

I have a funny little rant: Today in first hour I was called down to the office.
Great, I'm thinking, what did I do now? Another Saturday school, in-school suspension again?!
My principal sat me down and announced to me I have been absent for 14 days this year not including the week and a half I decided to go to Florida for. I have had 4 Saturday schools and 2 in-school suspensions and over 26 tardies this marking period alone...
His point?
That plus this and multiplied by that = a two month suspension.
They want to kick me out of school for not being in school? Isn't that a bit redundant?
I point this out to him and we argue over the issue for a bit and finally come to a deal:
I serve a 4 hour Saturday school and the whole suspension is forgiven, but not forgotten and I will still have all the absenses and such on my record.
Later today I receive an invite to the school's icecream social for perfect attendance. I handed the paper back to my teacher and said it must be for Andrew not Andrea.
Wrong.
It was for me, it was addressed to me and although I'm sure they meant poor Andrew who studies daily and is always in class on time, I am going to keep and go.
Funny funny. So I guess I lucked out big-time thanks to the stupidity of my school Big Smile Smilie
Haven't seen so much of you around here in the past few months either, Andrea. Hope you've been keeping well.
The Angry Face Award goes to.....................................................Plastic Squirrel! For his remeberable rant on how his link in the ad-section was messed up because of some language. So Angry Smilie
His URL is still there; you just can't click and go.
I typed that before i had ever been to the ad section, i misenterpreted the conversation. Im only almost human.