Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: stupid stories

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > stupid stories   
any stupid stories to share? because ive got some!!!
Don't keep us longer in suspence. Share them...

I unfortunately don't have any stupid stories to share at the moment.
ok, ill start - everyones got a stupid story to share.

ok. i was living in spain, and i was playing sword-fights with this kid with our books. (i was pretty little lol). and anyway, he ran towards me so i turned around while i was running backwards. when i turned around, there was a massive pole made of cement and with little rocks embedded, and i hit it. it was painful. and there was blood everywhere, and i ended up with an egg that stuck out as far as my nose. Painful. Dead Smilie
But i don't know which was worse, the cuts or the betadine. anteseptic. Its bad, and i still hate the word. but anyway, it hurt and ill never get over it, and now i'm paranoid of poles. Paranoid Smilie
Aw, they're not so bad, why I knew this lady from Warsaw who ... Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
aw, come on people. There has to be much more stupid stories than my pole-butting experience. But they don't all have to be about you, just a stupid story you have witnessed or heard about.

PS. If you only heard about it plz say so, so we don't think you're a liar.
Stupid but true...

In all the time I have worked on boats, I have only witnessed one person fall overboard. Was it so rough he got washed overboard? No.... In actual fact the boat was beached out on a sandbank at the time, and he fell into less than an inch of water.
In keeping with the Nautical theme.......I used to own a 21ft trailer sailer. Me and a mate of mine deicided one queens birthday weekend that we were gonna go for a sail in a small bay called parua bay. We didn't get out there till about 4pm, and it was blowing around 60 knots, but, undisturbed by the wind we got out there and had a lot of fun for around an hr, just hooning up and down the bay, huge grins on our faces. *in 60 knots you can imagien the speeds we were doing, well, at least Val will anyway, trust me, down wind it was like we had a rocket attatched to the back of the boat* at one stage we went to tack around to go back up wind and with a *crack* and a *thump* the goose neck that holds the bottom of the main sail to the mast exploded and shattered, falling away leaving the boom loose, which is in turn attatched to the sail, so we had this massive peice of alluminium flapping around. We managed to pull the main-sail down and poke it into the cabin, but then, with only the head-sail, we found it imposible to tack around, it would get so far but then the wind blowing against the side of the hull would blow us back again, by this stage the end of the bay was getting quite close, and it was full of sharp unfriendly looking rocks. we decided*rather belatedly*, to pull the head-sail, crank the motor up and go home. As I pulled the cord on the motor there was another of those *crack* noises which we chose to pretend we didn't hear*by this stage we were getting worriied about those rocks, After the 3rd or 4th pull of the cord, the motor started, I wacked it into gear and .........................nothing.................I reved it and reved it but the boat had no intention of moving. And suddenly I realised what that second *crack* sound was, the motor had broken it's share-pin, I could rev it all night but we wern't going anywhere, except of course, towards those rocks I mentioned earlier. To cut a long story short, I ended up having to jump into the water and guide the boat through the maze or rocks and finally beach us. I then clambered up the hill and knocked on the first house door I came too. Luckily the guy was helpful and gathered up some tools and a nail and come down and replaced the share-pin for us. It was 8pm by the time we got back to the dock and put the boat back on the trailer. And the funny thing was, a few days latter when I went back to clean the boat up, I found about 3 spare share-pins under the engine cowling. Funnily enough, I've never really done much sailing since then, I sold the boat a year or so ago, and it financed my trip to the states.
Wow, lucky there wasn't a big storm or anything. I think I would have done the same as you, Rho, and sold the boat...call it superstitious if you like, but I think that may have been a sign from someone that you might not have been meant to have it! A lot of good folk have died at sea...Oops, sorry Val-no harm meant. Angel Smilie You work at sea, so I'll just be quiet now...
Note to self: Take foot out of mouth.

Stupid or strange stories, eh? Okay...

Stupid:
One time when I was travelling from California, where I lived then, to Washington, I stopped in a pretty little town called Seaside in Oregon. I was getting gas at this little rinky-dink station, and I watched this woman get out of her car, pay for her gas inside, come out and fill up her tank or whatever, then proceed to drive off with her entire purse and bag of stuff she purchased on the roof of her car. Talk about preoccupied! I have loads more stupid things I could tell you all...but...

Strange: What kind of strange things? Like ghostly stuff or odd people stories or what? How long can we write, because I've had a lot of strange stuff happen in my life, and I have known some VERY strange people? Some of the stuff I have seen is not very family-friendly, so I'll just stick to the good old guidelines, not to worry...But since this is not my thread, Mr. Thread Owner, Sir, is there any restrictions on length here?
I had just started my first grown up job after leaving school. I was working in an office of an engineering company. I had to go into the factory warehouse where all the lads worked. I walked in where I received wolf whistles etc.. I tried to look as though I was used to this (which I wasn't and was really chuffed but didn't want to show it) and carried on with what I had been sent to do. I walked out of the warehouse only to find I had walked into a cupboard. I had to walk red faced out of the cupboeard and try and find the correct door. I was so embarrased I still get red thinking about it. Wink Smilie
Quote:
But since this is not my thread, Mr. Thread Owner, Sir, is there any restrictions on length here?

No, there is no restrictions, but please try not to make it massive but anyway, we want to hear them.
Quote:
Mr. Thread Owner, Sir,

You can refer to me as 'AJ' if you want. I'm sure it's easier for everyone and it suits me fine. Thanks everyone for sharing their misfortunate events. And thanks you also for keeping it family-friendly
come on, people. especially you, Laurelindhe ilmarin, you are online as i am posting this, and I want to hear your strange stories!!
Moderator Smilie This isn't a chatroom Aragorn_jr, keep your pants on; if you lack patience use instant messaging.
Sorry, Grondy. Two reasons.
1. I don't have enough mithril to spend messeging everyone, so I will be more patient. Sorry!
2. I want to make sure I'm not the only one

Anyway, Laurelindhe ilmarin wanted to post some strange stories, but I'll try to be patient
This one time, in band camp...no, only kidding Smile Smilie.

Let's see...well, I once was snorkeling with my sister and my father in the Bahamas, and we were warned that there were barracudas in the water. So, my sister and I were swimming along and noticed a man that looked like and was dressed like my dad. We decided that it would be really funny to dig our nails into his leg like a barracuda's teeth, since my dad is always playing such practical jokes on us.

As we started swimming toward him, I realized he wasn't my father, and I tried to warn my sister to no avail. I ended up just swimming away, but she proceeded to swim toward him. She got up to this guy and dug her nails into his leg, and he jumped out the water screaming hysterically, swallowing a gallon of seawater in the process, and gasping for air.

My sister came out of the water laughing, but then realized it wasn't my father and immediately became straightfaced and said, "Sorry, wrong person, "and swam sheepishly away while the man's wife glared at her. Meanwhile, I was several feet away laughing hysterically at the whole thing Smile Smilie.
thats pretty funny, Eruwen. I was once snorkelling in Fiji for a holiday, but there were no dangerous fish that we were warned about. But anyway, me and dad were swimming way out, and there were these little stingy thing in the water, so mum wanted to go back. But we didn't, so we kept going. We eventually stopped near a big coral thing, and mum also was with us. So she swam in between me and dad and the coral, so a shark couldn't come from behind, and if one did come, it would attack me and dad first.
There were no sharks anyway, but mum shared her idea with us later, and we were very grateful. Also mum panicked when she was getting stung and we were swimming over the top of some coral, about 20-30 cm away in some places. It was a pretty fun day.
Why is everyone going snorkelling and not me? SNORKELLING IS DUMB!!! GO.... (thinks) SITTING AT THE COMPUTER TYPING BORING SCHOOL PROJECT STUFF!!!!!

Hmm... doesn't have the same ring to it. Rolling Eyes Smilie
This was last year anyway, and apart from snorkelling I also went Scuba-Diving. And I also am meant to be doing a school project but I just dislocated my knee so I am going to say that I couldn't sit at my computer lol
Hahahahahahahahahhhahaahha........now that was funny, poor guy............lolol
I promised I would put this in, so i will.

Anyway, I was playing cricket in the nets with my dad and my 2 little brothers. Dad was in and it was the last ball of the day, so I decided to do a Shoiab Ahktar. Anyway, the 40metre run-up resulted in a pretty quick bowl that dad didn't hit, but also as i released the ball, my knee slipped out of place and I fell over, realizing that it was dislocated. It was pretty painful, but I had gas though. (I've had gas twice - i also broke my arm about 4 months earlier, both bones in my forearm, but it wasn't as funny...)

Anyway, I am now on crutches and have a splint on for two weeks.
That's wierd, I've been in a brace recently and on crutches, due to Osgood Shlater, and my forearm is in a splint for some reason that currently slips my mind...

I love funny/stupid stories I think I'll post one once I sort them all out...
OW, AJ! Ouch! I've dislocated my shoulder so many times that I know how painful it is. The last time was from fencing. It was so strange; I lunged one second, my shoulder came out of the socket, and I was lying, rolling on the floor the next second.

Actually that reminds me of a time when I was in 7th grade and was playing softball (this has nothing to do with dislocation by the way). But a flyball was hit, and I pushed another girl out of the way to catch it, silly me. Unfortunately, the lights were in my eyes and the ball hit me square in the face, knocking of my braces and breaking my nose! Naturally, I had blood gushing out of my nose, but the first thing my dad said when he ran up to me was, "How are your teeth?!" (Talk about American preoccupation with teeth!) Disturbed Smilie
Quote:
It was pretty painful, but I had gas though. (I've had gas twice - i also broke my arm about 4 months earlier, both bones in my forearm, but it wasn't as funny...)

You've had gas? What does that mean, AJ? I'm assuming it's not, well, ya know...typical gas???

Probably neither gasolene nor petrol, nor even that caused by cooked cabbage or beans. He probably means nitrous-oxide better known as laughing gas.
Here i go..

Once i went on a one day trip with my former-future girlfriend.. we spent the day so nicely, but we spent all my money.. As a fact, here in Mexico, there are commonly two kind of roads, the one you pay for, and the free one, the payed one is nice, the other.. well, longer.. And i spent the money for the toll, so i decided to go back home by the free one. Ok? so, i am driving nicely, following stupid signs, when i get to this.... place... dont know what you call it... where you pay the toll? and i had no money, and i couldnt get back, so they asked for me to leave my mobile phone, or my ID or something valuable, which i could get ack as soon as i went to pay the toll. And there was me, with the girl on the car, asking other drivers to help me out with some cash to pay the damned toll... Most embarrsing i can tell...
Quote:
You've had gas? What does that mean, AJ? I'm assuming it's not, well, ya know...typical gas???

Yes, thank you Grondy. I do mean 'Laughing Gas', and by the way, it doesn't really make you laugh, just stops the pain a lot.
Poor Earendil. That would have been very embarrassing. But kinda funny. i know how embarrassing something like that can be, like, if you read about my dislocated knee, I got pretty laughed at when I went to school. It's not very nice when you get fully embarrassed like that, huh?
Quote:
Once i went on a one day trip with my former-future girlfriend..

Hey, the concept of a former-future girlfriend sounds cool! I mean, she's neither your ex, because she'll be your girlfriend in the future and she's not your girlfriend because she was your girlfriend in the past. Weird but really diplomatic. But a question....What about the present?
Yeah, Earendil. How come she isn't your girlfriend, is she someone elses and she's two timing or something. Or are you just saying that because you don't really have one lol...
lol.. lmao... well, i said former.future girlfriend, because she was about to be my GF, but after this nice chapter in my life, she just said no thanks... so she really never became my girlfriend, nos she is merely my friend, and that is it... She was about to be my GF, but never happened, no longer is my future GF, ok? hope this make sense.... lol....if not.. what the hell? cheers... Smoke Smilie
POOR POOR EARENDIL!!! *pats on back, whilst sniggering*

I LOVE sniggering about people GF and BF plights, having never had the experience myself!!!

ROTFL!!!!!
Once upon a time there was this young maiden whom we shall not call Loni. She had yet to have a boyfriend and she sniggered at other people who were troubled by their boy/girl friend problems.

Time passed.

One year this non-Loni started dating and developed a crush on this one particular boy, but the boy decided he liked someone else much better. Poor non-Loni, she cried and pined, and sadly grumbled to all her friends. Then one of them showed this poor sad non-Lone the above posts; and now that she had grown to fit the shoe, she was quite chagrined.

The moral of this story: Be careful at what you make fun of, for as the world turns, so does the worm.
yee... damned right on that.... but to tell you the truth, at least as long as i am concerned, i didnt feel mocked or anything, that is what this thread is for, isn´t it? people posting here agrees that anyone who reads this may laugh or stgh, it is parto of the game, isnt it?
Yes, you're right. This thread was amde for people to be able to laugh at or whatever, but not to tease them about. And bad luck with the former-future GF or whatever. Hope you got someone anyway.
well, actually i was not really in for her. it was a matter of not being alone on vacations.. after that, i found this great girl, and she DO is my ex GF and i ws happy for a time... hahaha, we broke up 3 weeks ago, and i am still alive and eager to live long..
I have too many to think of, and most of them aren't for little kiddies.

Another gas station one, similar to Luarils.... A guy was filling up at a gas station and when he was done the gas jockey turned the pump off and the guy thought we was done so he started to drive away... little did he know the gas pump was still in his vehicle so he ripped the handle off the hose.

One time when i was starting to get a little drunk at my friends wedding I Had to go pee, so i went into the washroom. It was an odd bathroom for men because i noticed no urinals so I went into a stall. When i was doing my, uhh business, i notice something i've never seen in a male restroom before. Above the toilet on the wall there was this metal box that said "Napkin Dispensor" I found that a bit odd. Anyway i finished up my business and exited the washroom right when women start comming in.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa Túrin turambar, as if u would!!
nah just joking, but you know, the sign with the dress on is for chicks, and the one with the guy on is for...

wait for it...

bit longer...

Us Guys!!!
I have a story posted in the guild of madness. I say its true. Except for the end, that Grondy made me change for some reason. My life IS a stupid story.
This story is about my brother and a very hot summer's day somewhere in Holland. My brother, father, uncle and me were on a trip with our boat. My uncle has a boat of his own and went with us. In the early afternoon we arrived in a small town with no harbour. We decided to try and moor against the grass wall. The water turned out to be deep enough, so my brother wanted to jump off the boat and on the wall, but slipped and fell in the water, clothes, shoes, glasses and all. He had to dive for his glasses a number of times, but was lucky enough to get them back. And he was dead lucky that he didn't fall between the ship and the wall. He jumped and fell before the boat, when we were lying almost perfectly still.

It wasn't his lucky day though. Later in the afternoon, when he was completely dry again, he decided to give our uncle's boat a good washing. It was supposed to be white, but looked rather greyish or even black. Anyway, he got to the end of the boat, where there's a sort of ladder that leads to a tiny platform just above the water level. He took his shoes off, went down the ladder, soaped the platform completely, slipped and fell into the water. Again. And had to dive for his glasses. Again.
HaHa...
Thats a good one, Tommie.

By the way, how did he manage to find his glasses without them on? or wouldn't it have mattered.
I bet he used his fingertips, because he kept his eyes closed. I know that is what I have done under similar circumstances, but only once per day, because I wasn't a slow learner. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Quote:
Once upon a time there was this young maiden whom we shall not call Loni. She had yet to have a boyfriend and she sniggered at other people who were troubled by their boy/girl friend problems.

Time passed.

One year this non-Loni started dating and developed a crush on this one particular boy, but the boy decided he liked someone else much better. Poor non-Loni, she cried and pined, and sadly grumbled to all her friends. Then one of them showed this poor sad non-Lone the above posts; and now that she had grown to fit the shoe, she was quite chagrined.

The moral of this story: Be careful at what you make fun of, for as the world turns, so does the worm.

HA!!!! I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY!!! Cause this has already happened!!! I liked this dude called Ben. FOR FIVE YEARS. Since I was like... 9? and he kinda liked me. and then this girl called Sacha came along. And I pined for a week. AND NOW I DON'T CARE!!!

But this still isn't me, cause I STILL HAVE NEVER DATED!!!

AND I LAUGH AT YOU ALL!!! I LAUGH!!! I LAUGH!!! I LAUGH!!! Ha Ha Ha Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Don't ask me why I laugh. I just do.
I have a stupid story to share...
A couple of years ago when I was 17 my mother asked me to go to the food-shop and buy cowberry (to the pancakes). This was when I lived in an apartment. To reach the food-shop you have to walk down this stair (similar to the secret stair Gollum showed Frodo and Sam Smile Smilie). I bought the jam and walked up to the apartment again. Somewhere in the middle I "lost the contact with the ground"....
Instead of dropping the glass jar (which any normal person would do) I grabbed it even harder. As we all know; when we fall we allways tries to save us with our hands. And so did I.... except my right hand was occupied with a glass jar. The jar shattered into pieces, off course. I looked at my hand. Strange, it was this huge cut in the middle of the hand and it didnt bleed. Then suddenly it started to bleed.
The funniest part is that I am terrified by the look of blood. Instead of walking to my apartment, where my parents were, I hurried down to the food-shop again. After several minutes of explaining (I was a little chocked) what I wanted they called my parents.
I have never seen my father run but that day I saw it for the first time in my life. Away to the hospital and I started to joke about that I would miss my training. The doctors had never had a patient that had tripped with a glass jar and they joked all the time... like, "next time you should buy the refill-jar" (refill-jar is plastic-wraped) and that I "should drop everything in my hands next time I tripped". After some sewing (total 20 stitches on the outside of the palm and 15 inside) I am now recovered but friends and family are still laughing Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
I bet he used his fingertips, because he kept his eyes closed. I know that is what I have done under similar circumstances, but only once per day, because I wasn't a slow learner.

Quite right, Grondy, quite right. I did tell him it was a bad idea. We had a big laugh, anyway. And if you've ever tried to dive for your glasses in a river, you know you'd have to be dead lucky to find them again. I lost mine once, never saw them again.
Hi, it me again Big Smile Smilie I have another stupid story to share *Wohoo*

I am an expert in forgetting things, I am also pretty confusing...
I can put the remote-controll in the freezer, were clothes with the back in the front, forgett were I put my mobile ( belive it or not; I have owned 9 mobiles)... etc
This makes my training in floorhockey a little bit complicated. I am the keeper in my team (Balrog by the way Big Smile Smilie) and I forgets my knee-pads, shoes and so on all the time.
We had a match in Gothenburg (south of sweden) and during the pause a tooked off my helmet and placed it behind this little fence (surrounding the field... I dont remember what it is called in english). When the match was about to begin I didnt remeber where I put the helmet. Everyone started to search and the game was delayed with maybe 8 minutes. I looked behind the "fence" and: No, I didnt find it. Then a team-mate of mine joined me and looked straight down and there it was...
Lol, you should write a warning to yourself of the freezer saying 'NO REMOTES' and so on. Only kidding though, boy, am I glad I started this thread... Very Big Grin Smilie
Here's a good one about my brother.

One day, he went for a run, (he's a bit hardcore) and then he was standing there in this park sort of place. I was there as well, and then, something flashed past his face, just catching his eyebrow, and then PLOP! a big white spot on his shirt. He had a little bit of bird poop on his eyebrow, too. It was sooooo funny.

Another one, this time about my other bro.

For about 3 days we kept finding maggots in his room. And then we asked him if he had any food in his room. He said no, but later on he came and said, well, there is two sandwiches in my bag. We went and checked, and there were tons of maggots crawling through his bag! The funny thing about this was, he had probably dropped the maggots through the hole in the bottom of his bag, and he had taken it over to his friends place, to scholl and in the car. It's pretty gross.
Hold onto your hats folks, Ive done it again!
I ran to the bus today cause we "had" an important match in "Eriksdalshallen" (Arena), hurried there and found karatekids... then I remeberd... *piiip* *piiiiiip* the match is in "Enskede". I called my coach and she just laught at me and said that the game was tomorrow (sunday).
So: I missed the right arena AND the day!
A few years ago I was serving a year in the airforce. My duty was to look at a radar screen, covering most of northern Norway and eh.. "adjacent areas" Angel Smilie This was a NATO station, and the actual bunker was deep inside a mountain, to be safe from atom bombs and other nasty stuff. (Think Cheyenne mountain)

Anyway: The day was divided into 3 shifts, each with a number of soliders in it, as looking at the radar sweep on the screen for more than 1 hour straight hade anyones head spin. Very Mad Smilie Those of us on a particular shift that was not actually sitting in front of the screen at the moment, sat in a pause room by the entrance to the mountain. We were allowed to nap.

One particular night I was lying there sleeping deeply. Very deeply. After a while I heard a noice, that didn't seem to go away. I had no idea what it could be, but felt quite sure that I was supposed to do something about it. I started fumbling around, looking for the source of this sound. (the room was pitch black).

After a while I found the phone. I looked stupidly on it for a second, then lifted the handle to my ear. Normally we we either say our name, our position, or both. I was going to tell my location, but realized I had no idea of where I was. I then tried to say my name. Oops! Still no idea! "Hello?" I finally managed to say.

Someone at the other end was talking. I had no idea about what, or who it was, but slowly I got the impression that I was suppose to come somewhere. No idea where. "Yes," I said, " I'm comming", and hung up.

After more fumbling, I manged to locate a light switch. After shaking my head vigoriously for a small eternity, in a feeble effort to make it work again, I took my bag and opened the door.

Right in front of me, across a small corridor, was a small room with a solider playing Playstation. To my left a door into a looong tunnel. I assumed that he was not the one that had called me. I didn't know who it was, but suspected that I should, and felt it unwise to ask. So I took the other door, still not remembering where I was, where I was going, or if the tunnel would lead me to where ever that was.

After plodding along the tunnel a few hundred meters, the cold air and the exercise seemed to make my head start working again, and things slowly started to make sense. I got to my scope, releaving the solider there, and then begun the longest hour of my life. Sitting as uncomfortable as at all possible, to avoid falling asleep. Fast Asleep Smilie